Videos Added! Pixie Dust and Magic - DLP Trip Report 14th-17th August 2012 FINISHED!

RoseBug

<font color=royalblue>I'm a Geordie, we don't own
The night before and day 1!

Firstly an apology: Sorry for the mammoth Day 1 trip report, I am also writing this for Rosebug’s blog, so well done if you get through it all. Just 3 more days to get through! Sorry!

Finally, after 6 months of counting down and Rosebug asking most days if she was big enough for Disneyland again, the time arrived and after the difficult decisions of which Princess dresses to pack and which Disney t-shirts we headed off to the airport for our flight to Paris. We got there in plenty of time (rare for us) and managed to feed Rosebug (Burger King – yuk!) before boarding our plane for an uneventful flight. Rosebug loved her Princess flight goody bag and thankfully the gifts inside kept her entertained for the entire flight! Arrived in Paris bang on time, and John from Ezyshuttle was waiting to take us to the Kyriad for our first night!

I was really impressed with the Kyriad, the lobby is lovely, check-in was swift and our room was lovely, basic but very clean! Hubby put Rosebug to bed, whilst I went for a quick wander and to find some forks for our supper (Pot Noodles! I was prepared! LOL) I ended up buying a Minnie Mouse cutlery set –hubby was most unimpressed! It took Rosebug a good while to fall asleep, but we finally ate and got some sleep. The bed was uncomfortable and very noisy though, just just had to breath and it creaked!

Next morning we didn’t manage to get up as early as we had hoped and finally got into a taxi at about 8:10am to take us to Newport Bay Club hotel, and this is when the magic started to happen.

We were the first in line to check-in for Admirals Floor; and I was very glad we had upgraded as there was a fair queue at the other check-in desks, although it was no-where near as manic as I had expected from other trip reports! The CM who checked us in was wonderful, chatted to us about our previous trip, and made such a fuss of Rosebug, asking her all about what she wanted to do and see at Disneyland and then gave her lots of balloons, chocolate coins and a name badge. Our room wasn’t ready, but she promised to make it a priority, as she was aware that Rosebug was getting an easy access pass (how did she know this?) and told us we were to go straight to City Hall with her letters to get the card.
Then she said to Rosebug that there was a letter waiting for her and handed her an envelope with her name on. Inside was an invitation to visit City Hall the next day, because a special surprise had been arranged just for her! I will admit, at this point I started to well-up, Rosebug looked so excited, and we were too!

We deposited our luggage with concierge and headed off to the park!
As we were walking to the Village (and what a lovely walk around the lake!) we could feel Rosebug getting more and more excited, and when we finally came into view of the DLH – she just exploded! We tried to get her to stop for two seconds to take a photo but she was pointing and shouting “Come on Mammy and Daddy, no photos, we’ve got to go to the castle!” It is moments like this that make it all worthwhile, and I am so glad we had booked a return trip this year!

Come on by rosebug09, on Flickr

Unfortunately (or not) for Rosebug we had to take a detour to the DLH to book her princess make-over, so we headed off to the DLH boutique and booked a slot for 2:40pm, as they were fully booked for the entire morning, which scuppered our plans of her having it done before Auberge. The CM here was just charming, he took Rosebug off round the boutique to choose her dress (she held his hand, and he looked at her with this huge smile and said “Thank you princess!” it was lovely!) She opted for Snow White so he led her to the changing room so we could check it fitted, then whilst daddy distracted Rosebug, he took me round to get the rest of the items for her package – a hairband, apple bag, Snow White doll and playset. He was so apologetic that there were no Snow White playsets available there, but it didn’t matter at all as Rosebug had been desperate for a Tinkerbell one, so we got that instead!

As we walked down the staircase to head off to the park, we bumped into our first characters and with very few other guests around it was a lovely relaxing meet and greet. She meet Eeyore, Pluto and the White Rabbit. Rosebug is a huge Alice fan, so meeting the White Rabbit was quite exciting for her! He was great fun, she kissed him and he ‘fainted’ which she thought was hilarious and kissed him again to get him to wake up!

pluto 1 by rosebug09, on Flickr

eeyore by rosebug09, on Flickr

Rabbit by rosebug09, on Flickr

After this we realised we were hungry so entered the park via Salon Mickey – I was so excited about knocking on the door for the first time, and got some puzzled looks from people standing near us in the massive queue to get in! After filling up on cookies and crossiants we FINALLY made it into the park, and Rosebug was sitting in her buggy shouting “Come on, move, faster!” whilst trying to move the buggy by shuffling her bum!
We headed straight for City Hall to pick up Rosebug’s easy access card, gave the CM the letters, and she gave us a disabled priority card, explaining because there wasn’t anything close to Rosebug’s problem on the card she would tick the mobility/difficulty walking box, and that if we encountered any problems we just had to explain to the CM what the issue really is and they would understand. She said both of us were allowed onto all rides and character meets with Rosebug, but only one for the parade as it was a small spot, but that the Dreams area was bigger so if we were there before it started to really fill up we’d probably both be allowed in with her. So, with all that sorted we walked out of City Hall, and straight into Minnie Mouse and our first family photo of the trip, although we were sad that Duffy wasn’t there too, as we would have loved to have met him again!

minnie by rosebug09, on Flickr

We then headed round the corner and caught our first proper look at the Castle, and Rosebug was as excited as she was in February, with lots of wow’s, awww’s and “Look mammy and daddy, it’s Aurora’s castle!” She was desperate to get inside the castle, and as we couldn’t go upstairs when we were there in February we practically ran down Main Street and straight up the stairs, and Rosebug was just awe struck by the tapestries and stained glass, this was the first of MANY trips up those stairs during this trip.
When we walked out of the castle Rosebug caught sight of the carousel, and begged to go on the horsies! In February we had queued for a while to get on, but had to leave when it got too cold and she needed the bathroom so she never got to ride it, so we headed to the exit and showed her card, and got straight on. I think this photo just sums up our trip and the whole magic of Disney:

smile carousel by rosebug09, on Flickr

We then decided to take our first visit to the Princess Pavillion (stopping goff to try some hats on and buy a 20th Anniversary wand on the way) and met one of our favourite princesses (my all-time favourite and one of Rosebug’s too) – Ariel! We had never met Ariel in February so this was a huge treat and fantastic start to the holiday! She was lovely and chatted to Rosebug for a while about her dress, and asked her if she could swim etc.

ariel by rosebug09, on Flickr

Rosebug couldn’t stop talking about her when we left and headed to the teacups, then Dumbo and the Storyboats. By this time we had been in the park a total of an hour and a half and it was time to head of to Auberge for our lunch date with the Princesses. Rosebug had asked if she could wear her Belle dress, so a quick costume change and we were the first in line. We were given the same table we had in February, right on the dance floor next to the fireplace and had a wonderful CM serving us. Hubby and I both ordered the grilled vegetables (didn’t enjoy them) and I asked for the kid’s main, whilst hubby had the scallops. Rosebug also had the chicken. We were gutted with the meal, Rosebug took one bite of the chicken and spat it out, and chose to eat bread instead, I ate one chicken breast and a bit of mash and couldn’t face anymore and hubby had never had scallops before but decided to try them, however, one mouthful and he decided it was the wrong choice. So we ate bread and waited for our delicious deserts. But let’s be fair, we were there for the princesses so we weren’t at all bothered and just sat back and enjoyed the wonderful interaction. Suzy and Perla came out just as we were getting settled and Suzy joined us first and then Perla, with lots of cuddles, dancing and kisses. Then the music started and Rosebug jumped up to watch for the princesses to arrive and in danced Cinderella and Prince Charming; Aurora and Snow White. Lots more lovely interaction, the Prince was wonderful with Rosebug and Snow White kissed her hand, leaving her lipstick kiss on her hand! Very sweet!

418886_10151158990697597_531972391_n by rosebug09, on Flickr

524517_10151158991342597_866245707_n by rosebug09, on Flickr

376590_10151158991597597_1367851547_n by rosebug09, on Flickr

297376_10151158991937597_2129205259_n by rosebug09, on Flickr

394441_10151158992062597_1754571843_n by rosebug09, on Flickr

After our meal we wandered slowly up through the castle, and walked right into the Celebration Train – was very lovely but glad we hadn’t hung around to catch it. And by now it was time for a very special Princess Makeover. We headed to the boutique to pick up her outfit and toys, and get her changed, she looked gorgeous in her dress and felt like a princess already, we were a little early so sat outside and watched another little girl have her Rapunzel makeover, which made Rosebug very excited. Then it was her turn. First she had her hair done, she was a little nervous at first and insisted on holding my hand the whole time, but then relaxed as the make-over lady is just lovely.

418888_10151158993927597_1585447716_n by rosebug09, on Flickr

Once her hair was done and her hairband in place, she moved round to the make-up table and we discussed what she would like, Rosebug was insistent that she have lipstick like Snow White, so I compromised on a bit of glitter on her lips and eyes, and facepaint. She was so sweet sitting pouting and closing her eyes when she was told.

312093_10151158994587597_1194598751_n by rosebug09, on Flickr

When she was finished I started to well up – she looked so lovely and cute, and then she went in to get her photos done. She is such a little poser and we ended up buying 5 extra photos as we couldn’t choose!

542435_10151159008197597_659404491_n by rosebug09, on Flickr

As she was getting her photos done we heard a commotion downstairs and realised that the characters had arrived in the lobby. We walked downstairs and Rosebug nearly exploded – there was Ariel, Belle, Cinderella and Snow White. It was quite manic, so we didn’t meet Ariel or Cinderella again, but managed to meet Belle, who is another of Rosebug’s favourites and whom she has never met, so this was a lovely meet.

196693_10151158995157597_440497775_n by rosebug09, on Flickr

And then Rosebug spotted Snow White, and squealed that she was Snow White too – so we headed over and had the most wonderful interaction. Snow White asked Rosebug about her dress and if she had seen the dwarfs (or dwerps as Rosebug calls them!) alnd then they held hands and wandered round the lobbby together, chatting about their favourite things!

551884_10151158995292597_262827216_n by rosebug09, on Flickr

By this time we were exhausted so decided to head back to the hotel and get settled into our room. We picked up our room keys from the same CM who had checked us in, who came round to see Rosebug and tell her how beautiful she looked and that she hoped she liked her room and her surprise the next day! We were on the 8th floor, and when we got into our room we noticed the balcony and rushed straight out to admire the view.

380530_10151158995877597_877894824_n by rosebug09, on Flickr

At this point hubby said he had emailed and asked if it would be at all possible to have a nice room, with a lovely view as it was our wedding anniversary a few days before we arrive, saying that he wanted to make the trip as magical as possible for “his girls”. So he was over the moon with the room, and the letter Rosebug had received on check-in – it seems they went out of their way to help him make it magical for his girls, and was more than he had ever expected.

We had a cup of coffee and a snack, chilled for a bit and admired the view. At one point we were getting stuff unpacked and hadn’t realised that Rosebug had taken a bite of her poison apple (bag) and was lying on the floor for a good few minutes, before we heard a little voice demand “Will somebody kiss me please?”

217819_10151158997317597_251706996_n by rosebug09, on Flickr

After a lovely break we headed back to the park, rode on the teacups again, the Snow White ride, Peter Pan and possibly Pinocchio too (this is a recurring theme and I can’t remember when we did these rides as we did them so often!) and then staked out a place in the priority area for the parade, with hubby managing to grab a space next to us, just outside the area. Daddy bought Rosebug a Minnie balloon and she had great fun dancing on the road playing with it!

530146_10151158997817597_1201389931_n by rosebug09, on Flickr

However, just before the parade started a lady started to push her way infront of Rosebug and managed to squash her up so much that we decided to squeeze next to hubby, with a poor view as I felt so uncomfortable. I thought maybe she needed the space more than us and she seemed so excited to see the parade. However, during the parade she knew everyone by name and got very cross with Rosebug for standing infront of her so she could see, even though she is teeny and didn’t obstruct her view at all. I decided that maybe, sometimes I am too nice!
The parade was lovely , the music was wonderful and the new floats stunning, but we decided that now that we had seen it, we didn’t really need to see it again this trip. By this time we were simply exhausted and it would have been silly to stay up for Fantillusion and Dreams, as it would have been too much. So with heavy hearts we headed back to our hotel, loving seeing it all lit up and stopped by the bar for glow cocktails. I had the Lights and Colours cocktail (with glow cube) which was absolutely delicious and Rosebug had a Tinkerbell orange cocktail!

311968_10151159007997597_1843227638_n by rosebug09, on Flickr

We went back to our room, tucked Rosebug in and she fell asleep in seconds, so we spent the next few hours on the balcony watching the fireworks over the castle and admiring the night view!

417397_10151159000397597_2097411477_n by rosebug09, on Flickr

what a fabulous start to a trip report :goodvibes. That photo of Rosebug on the carousel is priceless, and how lovely of your husband to contact the hotel for those little surprises.

I'm glad you liked the NBC too :).

Your report is amazing! And your photos fabulous. Delighted Rosebug had a lovely time.

yaaaaaaaaaaay u started & what a start!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! rosebug is so adorable (how ive missed seein her pic before i dont know lol)

bless ur dh (can he email mine and give him sum tips???? lol) ur room had an amazing view!!!!! oh hurry and do the next part - i wanna know the surprise!!!!!

more more more more lol

Day 2 - the special surprise!

Well, so much for having an early night so that we could be up in time for EMH! Instead we decided to have a lie in and an easy day, as we were determined to see Fantillusion and Dreams that night! However, I was too excited to sleep and was pretty much awake from 5am, eventually I woke Rosebug and her daddy up at around 8:30am, and we made it to breakfast just after 9am. Rosebug is a very good little girl, we very rarely have strops or tantrums (although she is a bit crackers!) but push her too far and by god you'll pay... so expecting this teeny little princess (Cinderella today btw!) to actually have some breakfast instead of going to straight to the park was such a traversty in her eyes! :rotfl: So, after finally calming her down and getting her to stop shouting out "I don't NEED to eat, I want to go to the park!" we had a lovely, relaxed breakfast of ham, rolls, croissants and juice. I was dreading breakfast at NPB based on other trip reports but it was so civilised, no queue to get in and well laid out inside, and the food was fresh and tasty. We then packed up and took a stroll over to the Studios, and after a quick wander decided to go on the Flying Carpet ride. This is the longest queue we had with the disabled pass, maybe 20 minutes, which I actually think may have been longer than the regular queue, but at least we had easy access out of the queue area if we had needed it. Rosebug loved this ride, I think she enjoyed feeling cool with the wind in her hair, we certainly did as Wednesday was very hot, although it luckily cooled down later on! We then caught sight of the Cars ride, we had queued for this in Feb for ages but had to leave the queue, so we thought we'd give it a try, hubby and I loved it, Rosebug didn't - simply because she was wearing a blue dress and wanted a blue car, and we got a red one! I think she is developing my OCD habits! These were the only two rides we managed to do in the Studios, despite best intentions, as Rosebug just loved being in the main part, in sight of the castle!

After this we decided to see if we could catch a showing of Animagique, and luckily a show was about to start, and with our pass were shown straight in and sat centre stage with a brilliant view. I have seen this before (although I can't remember which trip) and it certainly didn't disappoint this time, Rosebug was in awe, especially when the giant Jelly fish and bubbles came down right over our heads!
From here, we ran straight into Playhouse Disney Live for the first time ever. Rosebug loved it - was dancing all the way through and was so very excited to see Rocket and the Little Einsteins!

We had planned to eat in the Studios, but instead made our way back to the park and straight to Toad Hall for fish and chips, which I have to say was one of the best meals we had all trip, although Rosebug kept asking where her veg was! :laughing: I explained that I didn't think Disneyland grew vegetables, as we certainly didn't see many during our meals! ;)

Rosebug was now desperate to go on her now favourite rides Peter Pan; Snow White and Pinocchio so we headed in that direction and ... straight into one of Rosebugs all time favourite characters...

431173_10151159294962597_1930315796_n by rosebug09, on Flickr

After some lovely interaction we went on Peter Pan, and just as we stepped off the ride, Rosebug shouted "Mammy, there's Wendy again!" She was standing at the exit to the ride, and when she saw Rosebug she smiled and said "Well hello again, princess. Did you enjoy the ride?" Rosebug has told everyone that she met Wendy, and that she was "waiting for me after my ride!"

I think this is one of those points where you can add in that we also rode Pinocchio and Snow White, and probably "Pirates and People" ride before we finally got to take Rosebug onto Casey Jr. which was a huge hit, especially the castle and the fast bits!

293090_10151159296532597_986164947_n by rosebug09, on Flickr

Time was getting on now, and after another trip up those magical castle stairs it was time to head to City Hall for Rosebug's special surprise! :wizard: When we arrived we were greeted by a CM at the door, we showed him her letter and he said he would be back in a few minutes. He returned with a lovely CM called Tatiana, who knelt down and introduced herself to Rosebug, explained that she was going to be spending some time with her and then asked if she would like to follow her. So we headed into a side room and Tatiana said she would be right back, as somebody was desperate to meet Rosebug. When she left, Rosebug whispered "I met Rapunzel in here! I'm very excited mammy!" I was quite surprised that she had remembered this was the same room that she got to meet Rapunzel back in February. Then there was a knock on the inside door and Rosebug squealed in excitement, the door opened and in bounded Tigger; Piglet and Rabbit! We spent about 15 minutes with them, Rosebug taught Tigger how to bounce, played peek-a-boo with Piglet and tickled Rabbit! It was truly lovely, the interaction was delightful and Rosebug was in her element.

376581_10151159296012597_705184785_n by rosebug09, on Flickr

At the end of the meet we got a group photo and Tigger but his arm round me and just squeezed, I could have cuddled into him all day. :cloud9: As we went to say goodbye they gathered Rosebug into a group hug, and then hugged both me and hubby.

479799_10151159298427597_1988552435_n by rosebug09, on Flickr

It was a wonderful bit of Pixie dust. Rosebug gave Tatiana the biggest cuddle and said "Thank you very much, I loved my cuddles!"

We headed back to the hotel to have a break, some showers and to get changed for our evening meal at Inventions. Rosebug couldn't stop talking about all the characters she had met so far, and hubby and I were just so amazed at how magical the first two days of our trip had been.

We arrived at Inventions and were seated just as the characters started to arrive in the room we were in. Rosebug was dressed as Minnie, who saw her and headed straight over and made a huge fuss of the fact that they were dressed the same:

539116_10151159298862597_1112413662_n by rosebug09, on Flickr

Next up was Goofy, who spent lots of time being silly and making Rosebug laugh:

418592_10151159298947597_1280468543_n by rosebug09, on Flickr

And then came another character we have never met, and Rosebug was very excited and had to explain to another little girls daddy that this was "Max, Goofy's little boy!"

428811_10151159299737597_248986802_n by rosebug09, on Flickr

We were then visited by a more random character, although Rosebug straight away blurted out "LOOK! It's one of Mary Poppins penguins!"

552126_10151159300057597_2093225695_n by rosebug09, on Flickr

We managed to get Rosebug to have a few mouthfuls of food, before Mickey arrived! He told her he loved her, and that her dress was lovely. He gave her lots of cuddles:

254838_10151159301027597_1950368829_n by rosebug09, on Flickr

and then slow danced around the room with her:

387094_10151159301107597_1904371968_n by rosebug09, on Flickr

As I went to fill my plate up, I noticed Donald in the main room, Rosebug has been saying that she wanted daddy to meet Donald (he does a bad impression of Donald) so I was quite excited that we would get to meet him.

Goofy came back and asked Rosebug to dance with him, so the two of them spent some time seeing who could spin the fastest:

378641_10151159302352597_193136249_n by rosebug09, on Flickr

Just before we were about to leave Minnie came and sat down with us, and Rosebug just sat and chatted about how she loved Disneyland, and how she'd danced with Mickey. They then blew each other a kiss and it was almost time for us to go.

394434_10151159302117597_34781551_n by rosebug09, on Flickr

And at this point, all the characters left and... you guessed it... no Donald. He missed out our room altogether! :confused: But as hubby said, we'd already met a million characters so we couldn't really complain!

We finished our delicious desserts and made our way back into the park, excited about finally seeing Dreams. We realised we still hadn't walked in under Main Street Station, so stopped for a photo:

422356_10151159303557597_1831844942_n by rosebug09, on Flickr

Rosebug and I were then deposited outside Mickey's house (the meet & greet point on Main Street) and told to wait there, whilst daddy disappeared into the arcade! :confused3 He came back and handed us a box each, inside each was a glass slipper, and mirror stand, with an engraved message "To my little princess" on Rosebug's and "For my wonderful wife" on mine! He's a softy sometimes!

574466_10151159304017597_2139999127_n by rosebug09, on Flickr

We spent a little time on more rides, not sure which ones, although I know we tried Buzz for the first time here and I just don't get it! I don't understand how you are supposed to hit the targets! :confused3 Or maybe I am just a bit rubbish! ;) We then headed up to the priority area for Dreams, we were both allowed in with Rosebug, as it was empty and I had a sit down while daddy and Rosebug headed back to Buzz. We had a brilliant spot next to the railings, so we had a fab view of Fantillusion and we were right infront of the castle for Dreams, which just looked beautiful:

547337_10151159304677597_1713720273_n by rosebug09, on Flickr

Rosebug went on her daddys shoulders for Fantillusion and it was even better than I remember it from years ago! Rosebug's face in this photo just sums up how much in awe she was of it!

539161_10151159305327597_674251625_n by rosebug09, on Flickr

Then we sat her in her buggy while we waited for Dreams to start and ... she fell asleep! I was gutted, and it didn't seem like she was going to wake up either! Until Peter Pan and Wendy started to talk and she nearly jumped out of her buggy! She stood watching it in absolute amazement and cried when it ended! It was spectacular! A perfect end to another perfect day!

We headed back through the crowds to our hotel, and all fell fast asleep very quickly, desperate for the next day to hurry up!

OMG loving your trip report. You must feel so blessed. You have a wonderful husband -the glass slipper - so lovely. Do you know which shop he got it from? And What time did you see the princesses in the Disney hotel? We are staying there & think my DD will be sooo excited if she saw them all. :)

It was tThanks for reading everyone! I know it's long! Lol! It's taking some time as my laptop died and I'm using a ancient laptop that goes slower than I thought possible!

OMG loving your trip report. You must feel so blessed. You have a wonderful husband -the glass slipper - so lovely. Do you know which shop he got it from? And What time did you see the princesses in the Disney hotel? We are staying there & think my DD will be sooo excited if she saw them all. :)

He has his momnts! There is a glass stall in the Arcade, which is where he got the slippers, but I think there are other glass places dotted around the park!

There are characters in the DLH on certain days, but I thought it was Thursday - Saturday. This was Tuesday, at 3:30pmish. Not sure if it is the norm, especially with the princesses!
We do feel very blessed, the interaction Rosebug got was magical, although if it was a choice between the interaction she got because of the card and her tummy being better, I know which I'd choose. However, a lot of the interaction was without the card, so yes, very blessed! She is a very lucky little girl in many respects! X

awwwwwwwwwwww can i cry??? lol

amazing and loads of pixie dust for sure.... and sumtimes the best magic comes from random surprises - planning is over rated ;):lmao: loving the pics, so glad that (so far in ur trip) rosebug was managing ok.....

really love reading trips like this!!!!!! :goodvibes

awwwwwwwwwwww can i cry??? lol

amazing and loads of pixie dust for sure.... and sumtimes the best magic comes from random surprises - planning is over rated ;):lmao: loving the pics, so glad that (so far in ur trip) rosebug was managing ok.....

really love reading trips like this!!!!!! :goodvibes

I cried for 4 days! We had to buy 2 autograph books because the character interaction was just non-stop!

We had a little issue with Rosebugs tummy at check-in at the Kyriad on the first night, but we had hoped that was excitement. She was fine day 1, but day 2 during her meal at Inventions she started to complain and we had some tears and upset as she was struggling. Day 3 wasn't too bad, actually - lie, we had a lot of upset in Cafe Mickey and she almost missed the meal, but we gave her extra movicol and she was okay-ish after that pain wise, but on day 4 she struggled again and at one point she hid behind a chair in the DLH bar crying because she needed to go to toilet! If we hadn't been given the pass we'd have done very little as I couldn't have taken her in queues in that state as her tummy gets very tender. Luckily, the magic took her mind off it most of the time and we managed to get on top of things quickly with her meds each time! Poor baby! :-( It's bloody awful, but it's nothing "serious" and I count my blessings for that! Xx

I cried for 4 days! We had to buy 2 autograph books because the character interaction was just non-stop!

We had a little issue with Rosebugs tummy at check-in at the Kyriad on the first night, but we had hoped that was excitement. She was fine day 1, but day 2 during her meal at Inventions she started to complain and we had some tears and upset as she was struggling. Day 3 wasn't too bad, actually - lie, we had a lot of upset in Cafe Mickey and she almost missed the meal, but we gave her extra movicol and she was okay-ish after that pain wise, but on day 4 she struggled again and at one point she hid behind a chair in the DLH bar crying because she needed to go to toilet! If we hadn't been given the pass we'd have done very little as I couldn't have taken her in queues in that state as her tummy gets very tender. Luckily, the magic took her mind off it most of the time and we managed to get on top of things quickly with her meds each time! Poor baby! :-( It's bloody awful, but it's nothing "serious" and I count my blessings for that! Xx

yes - that magic is good stuff, takes minds off lots of stuff! as i said to u before, the pass is there for those ppl who need it, and uve proved that point! it didnt give u the magic, but it mean that u were able to enjoy and relax and the magic was able to find its way to u...

shes such a gorgeous girl, i hate to think that she has all that pain, and do hope that as time goes on, she will be a 'proper' lil girl soon :lovestruc

What an amzing trip report. You're daughter is precious! What a magical time the people at Disney made it for her! That's so great.

your trip reports are infectious with happiness - what a lovely little girl and I'd have been squealing too seeing Tigger, Piglet and Rabbit coming to see me :cloud9:!

Thank you for the lovely comments, and for reading along! :flower3: Rosebug is a sweety, she is my little best friend and I feel so lucky to have her, I am determined to make the most of every second with her (as we all do with our kids) and I am having so much fun in the process! She has her moments though, she is a bit crazy at times (this is what happens when Daddy stays at home instead of mammy!) and can be a little bit naughty, just like all 3 year olds - but that's all part of the fun I guess! ;)

:goodvibes

Off to start Day 3 now... I could be some time!

Loving your report so far! :flower3: Anyone who ever tries to doubt the magic of DLP should read your report! pixiedust:

Aaaaaaw your trip report is amazing so far.

Rosebug is truly adorable and bless your DH with the glass slippers, that's so lovely :love:

Aww poor Rosebug! If you don't mind me asking so, what exactly is wrong with her tummy?
Poor thing, I myself have a permanent stomach condition which came up when I was about 16 years old and I know how I struggle with it, I can't imagine how awfull it must be for such a little one to deal with all the tummy aches and way to frequent (and urgent!) toilet visits. :sad2:
Is there a chance she'll grow out of it?

Loving your tripreport and I hope you both got to enjoy it to the fullest!

Love love love your TR, Rosebug is such a cute little lady. Looking forward to reading more and I love seeing all the magic pixiedust:

Day 3 - crowds; heat and a much more chilled day!

After another lie in, and another lovely breakfast, we headed to Salon Mickey for a quick drink and we were in the park by 10:30am. This is where we became a bit stuck, as we so hadn't been planning on having such a late breakfast and we had booked Café Mickey for 12pm! The thought of eating less than 2 hours after our breakafast made me feel a bit ill, so hubby popped into City Hall to see if we could change our reservations to the evening, as we had decided we wouldn't be seeing the parade again anyway! However, this wasn't possible as it was fully booked. So we just decided to go, and get something light and eat properly later that evening.

As we now had only had about an hour before our reservation, we walked through Fantasyland and, you guessed it... rode Peter Pan; Snow White and Pinocchio (AGAIN) before wandering down to the Princess Pavillion. Rosebug asked if she could meet Tiana, because it was the only princess she hadn't ever met and is one of her most favourites. When the CM came out, she said there was Aurora or Snow White, so without hesitation Rosebug chose Aurora and we weren't disappointed because she was so lovely, and they chatted a while about dresses, and Aurora asked Rosebug whether she liked her blue or pink dress the best. Rosebug said she liked her blue dress most, but she had a pink one just like her at home, but it was too big for her! Aurora smiled and said she was sure she'd be big enough for it soon, and that she loved Rosebug's Alice dress and was it blue because the fairies had turned it blue? Rosebug loved this and giggled, and said it was blue like Aurora's too!

200733_10151160661112597_205449012_n by rosebug09, on Flickr

Walking through the Castle Rosebug yet again insisted she had to go upstairs to see the spinning wheel. So once more up those magical stairs we climbed...

295202_10151160663262597_263646772_n by rosebug09, on Flickr

On the way back up Main Street we realised the Celebration Train was due to come out again, so we grabbed a good spot and seconds later it came past us, it is very lovely and colourful and Rosebug loved waving at the characters and was very excited to point out Donald to her daddy!

264630_10151160662512597_1352520175_n by rosebug09, on Flickr

It was now time to head up to the Village for our meal at Café Mickey, Rosebug started to complain that she didn't NEED to eat again, because she wanted to go on rides, but we knew as soon as she realised there would be some characters at her meal she would be happy! We arrived just as they were allowing people in and there was a queue without reservations, sadly they were all turned away as it was fully booked, and there were alot of sad children! :sad1: However, when we left after eating the place was still half empty, I am sure they could have let people in on the condition they were out by a certain time! Anyway, we were given a table near the window, hubby decided actually he was starving and wanted a steak and I didn't want to eat at all so ordered a pepperoni pizza to share with Rosebug (she loves pizzas with circles on! :rolleyes: ) Despite her protests at not NEEDING to eat, she wolfed down half of the pizza, and to be fair, it was delicious and hubby said is steak was lovely too!

539480_10151160663667597_1417161728_n by rosebug09, on Flickr

As we were eating the characters came out, we were sat next to a lovely Irish lady and her family, who offered to take some family shots of us with the characters and we did the same for her. First up came Goofy, who danced with Rosebug and gave plenty of high fives:

578697_10151160664067597_1912855117_n by rosebug09, on Flickr

Then came Minnie; followed closely by Pluto, who never fails to make Rosebug roar with laughter:

418710_10151160664312597_1034882813_n by rosebug09, on Flickr

428824_10151160664682597_404581874_n by rosebug09, on Flickr

Then Mickey came out and Rosebug gave him the most wonderful cuddle (slightly jealous mammy! :rotfl: ):

319380_10151160665882597_618301826_n by rosebug09, on Flickr

Then Rosebug started to get a bit tetchy with her tummy and we thought we may have to leave and head back to the hotel. Hubby took her to the bathroom and I settled the bill. She was slightly happier when she came back, but just before Chip and Dale came to our table she started to cry about her tummy. We were just about to leave when Chip and Dale came to see her, and she perked up. They were lovely, gave her a cuddle and we got a group photo, then they were off. As they left she sighed and said "I love those guys!" :rotfl2: The expressions she comes out with sometimes makes me giggle!

551684_10151160666132597_923765792_n by rosebug09, on Flickr

We had a lovely time at Café Mickey, but the character interaction is very quick, lovely all the same, but it was a quick hop from one table to another. Although it worked to our advantage today because of Rosebug's tummy. We left thinking we would go back to the hotel and give her some extra movicol, but she got upset when we said we were going back, so we headed into the store next to Café Mickey to buy her a lanyard and some pins, to see how she fared for a wee while before making a decision on what to do. Rosebug chose a Tinkerbell lanyard and I chose a Minnie 20th anniversary pin for her, and hubby chose an Alice pin. We sat her down and gave her the pins, plus some LE ones I had bought for her from home - she was so proud of her new collection:

526063_10151160666742597_1131923939_n by rosebug09, on Flickr

She had seemed abit more cheery now so we headed back to the park, but it was so hot, almost unbearable. We did a few more rides (I'm sure you can guess which ones! :rolleyes: ) and I just love how it didn't matter how many times she rode them she was still in awe, all of her favourite rides were the "story" rides - she loves looking at things and taking everything in. My 3 year is already a huge museum geek! Don't know where she gets that from! ;)

We then had a stroll around the other lands, and noticed Rafiki at his meet and greet point. Rosebug is a big Lion King fan, and almost jumped out of her buggy with excitement. The queue was very long so we asked if we could use the priority card, and we were asked to wait next to the drums and it would be our turn next. The CM went up to Rafiki and told him that we were there, and after the next guests met him, he turned with a flourish and opened his arms wide for Rosebug who just ran into them! He spent some time playing with her and then we had a family photo taken, she was so happy to have met him and kept showing us his autograph in her book!

391551_10151160667642597_1680321372_n by rosebug09, on Flickr

Rosebug started to complain about her tummy again, and the heat was bordering on unbearable (you may have noticed I am married to a ginger!) so we decided to head back to NPB and have a swim and a bit of chill out time. We got back to the room, gave Rosebug some Gok (her word for milk since she was a baby, bizarrely) with some magic movicol in, and then headed off for a swim! Rosebug is a real waterbaby, she has been going to classes since she was 8 weeks old and can just about swim now, loves diving in and being a mermaid! More than can be said for her mother, who can sink, and that's about it! I was a little worried about the notice saying that all children MUST wear armbands or floatation devices to be allowed in the pool, as Rosebug doesn't and it isn't encouraged, but it wasn't enforced and we had a fab half hour swimming (indoors for most of it, but we did venture out for a little while) before trotting off, exhausted to our room. We debated getting ready and grabbing a light tea, but Rosebug and I just couldn't muster up the energy, so we played with her Tink playset, watched some TV and hubby had a stroll into the Village to grab us some tea from Earl of Sandwich - finally! I had the meatballs and hubby the jerk chicken! Delicious! Sandwiches are one of my downfalls, I could eat them all day every day, so I really enjoyed this tea!

We then headed back to the park about 7:30pm, missing the parade and spent a few hours doing some rides (no need to ask which ones pirate: ), squeezed in Buzz (I was a bit better this time! But only a bit - 120100 or there abouts!) and then headed off to the priority area to get a spot for Fantillusion and Dreams. It was late by then, probably about 9:55pm and the CM initially said only one of us could go in with her. I didn't want us to be seperated as Rosebug's tummy was playing up, so I said to hubby it didn't matter as it would take 2 of us if she had an accident, and as we went to walk away the CM said it was fine, we could both go in, which I was very surprised about, but very grateful. We stood in the centre of the area, as we didn't need to be right at the front for a good view, and had lots of room, making sure we weren't in anybody's way.

426593_10151160669532597_555242667_n by rosebug09, on Flickr

It was here that we saw the saddest behaviour from another guest, as mentioned in my lows. There was a huge family, maybe 9 of them (so I am assuming they had more than one pass, as one member was pregnant, but obviously, as in Rosebug's case, problems aren't always visible) and they were lined up along the fencing. A CM came over and requested that the oldest lady of the group (well she looked like a young grandma, maybe late 40's) stand behind the children in her group so a man who was clearly very poorly (he was in a chair bed, tubes, oxygen etc.) could be pushed up against the railings so he could see ... and she refused. She wasn't English but you could get the gist of what she was saying, that she was there first and whilst she was sorry, she wasn't moving. :sad1: I was gobsmacked, as was hubby and a few other people around her. She eventually was made to move by the CM, but she then proceeded to smirk about it and gesture that it was her space etc. etc. She edged herself infront of the chairbed and made it very difficult for the family to be near the ill man. I was shocked. Eventually, when the parade and Dreams started the kids were told they could sit on the grass in front of the railings so she moved away from him, but it just made me so sad that people can be so selfish. What an example to set to the kids in her group! :sad: However, he got to see everything and seemed to enjoy it, and that's what matters! Rosebug however, fell asleep and was not waking up for anyone! I was a little sad that she missed it, but she had seen it the night before and loved it, so at least she'd seen it once!

426774_10151160669787597_1075725554_n by rosebug09, on Flickr

I was just in awe of Fantiullusion again, and because Rosebug was asleep, so I didn't spend all my time pointing things out to her, I could stand back and just soak up Dreams, and noticed so much more than the night before. It truly is wonderful, and I hope I get to see it again sometime!

As we walked back to the hotel, we got a little sad that this was the last night of our trip, and that we'd have to pack in the morning and check out, but considering how magical our trip had been so far, we were also very excited about what would be in store for us the next day!

We stopped by Earl of Sandwich for some supper and coffee (I had Hawaiian BBQ and it was GOOD!) and admired the night view of NPB as we made our way around the Lake for the final night!

Day 4 - to follow... a magical final day!

Aww poor Rosebug! If you don't mind me asking so, what exactly is wrong with her tummy?
Poor thing, I myself have a permanent stomach condition which came up when I was about 16 years old and I know how I struggle with it, I can't imagine how awfull it must be for such a little one to deal with all the tummy aches and way to frequent (and urgent!) toilet visits. :sad2:
Is there a chance she'll grow out of it?

Loving your tripreport and I hope you both got to enjoy it to the fullest!

Not at all, it isn't anything serious, nor is it really a tummy problem. She has suffered from chronic constipation since she was baby, but it gets very, very bad and she is on meds to manage it, which can make her have the opposite problem. She gets very sore and very tetchy at times, but mostly it doesn't bother her too much, as I guess tbh, she is used to it as it has always been a problem. She may (hopefully) grow out of it, but the consultant thinks it is unlikely as I was similar as a child and have IBS-C now, so it looks like a hereditary thing, that we will hopefully learn to manage. She has only been treated since the beginning of the year, and was in hospital for a few days to try to get on top of things, so we still haven't got to grips with it all yet. I am thankful it is nothing more serious, I just wish she didn't have to suffer as sometimes it is unbearable for her! :sad1: But these times are less frequent now, but the opposite is more frequent, but less painful.

We had a wonderful time, and luckily, because of the pass, it didn't take anything away from her trip as we weren't avoiding queues etc.

:flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter