Did you have videography?

• yes

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • no

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

dp911

Mouseketeer
I do want video of at least the ceremony, but maybe just photography will be enough?!

I contacted Stan and his rates seem reasonable.

Will I miss it if I do not do videography?!

Will I miss it if I do not do videography?!

That is a really tough question. If you are someone who loves having video of your life experiences and watches video you take on a regular basis, yes you would likely miss video.

I am someone who generally hates home movies and hates watching video of myself, but I am SO SO glad we got our video. I LOVE our video and watch it regularly. It is one of the things I am so glad I splurged on.

So it is really hard to say. If you just want any video, could one of your guests record footage for you so you have it? If you want like a mini movie of your wedding, definitely worth hiring someone.

lol that is me too! I don't like video of myself, but I feel like for this I need to get over that fear.

I would say too if you are someone who struggles to recall events clearly and remember them, video of at least your ceremony may be very worthwhile to have.

I think I will fall in that category especially with our children and worrying about them and making sure they are happy. I would also love to be able to see them walk down the aisle, as I will be behind them going down the aisle last.

I have never seen any bride regret getting a video, only those who regret not getting them. Even those of us who aren't super-thrilled with the way it turned out are still glad we have something.

I literally watched a bunch of videos with the videographers I am thinking of using, and I have to say I WANT IT!!!

Plus I want to see my husband and children walk down the aisle and obviously I will not see that the day of.

Any recommendations for a videographer, they all looked awesome!

I did not have a videographer because 1. I don't like watching movies of myself and 2. I just couldn't imagine spending the money. My Dad and someone else used their cameras/video recorders to record the wedding and my Sister-in-Law (who edits documentaries for a living) edited the footage and made a nice video. I did not ask any of them to do this, it was a surprise. I am very happy I have that, we have watched it a few times in the last three years. I realize not everyone has access to a professional film editor, but do you have someone in your life who is into that type of thing? Maybe you can go along that route (as LadyD suggested as well)? Otherwise, I would probably bite the bullet and pay for a videographer if you think you will regret it. I was very happy with my decision to not have one but I did still end up with a decent video.

I did not have a videographer because 1. I don't like watching movies of myself and 2. I just couldn't imagine spending the money. My Dad and someone else used their cameras/video recorders to record the wedding and my Sister-in-Law (who edits documentaries for a living) edited the footage and made a nice video. I did not ask any of them to do this, it was a surprise. I am very happy I have that, we have watched it a few times in the last three years. I realize not everyone has access to a professional film editor, but do you have someone in your life who is into that type of thing? Maybe you can go along that route (as LadyD suggested as well)? Otherwise, I would probably bite the bullet and pay for a videographer if you think you will regret it. I was very happy with my decision to not have one but I did still end up with a decent video.
awww that was so sweet of them!!

If you are on the fence definitely do it. I used Tyler from Beyond Videography. He is pretty reasonable but kind of slow.

We used Stan for our wedding and am more then happy we did. Our wedding was almost 8 years ago and while we do not watch the video every day, we did watch it when we received it (we had a little video watching party with some friends and family that were both at the wedding and not able to attend - just in our home and ordered pizza). Everything happens so fast - and you are also not around for everything. It is wonderful to have this to look back on

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter