VGF Villas & Views - REVISED 07/22/2017

Quick question, last stay looking @ red roof (i believe 2nd floor), not cool, but lovely room.

Standard Studio Room Request ---- request highest floor facing GF, that is not HA. Do not request a specific room or request room ending in xx25, for example. TIA!

Quick question, last stay looking @ red roof (i believe 2nd floor), not cool, but lovely room.

Standard Studio Room Request ---- request highest floor facing GF, that is not HA. Do not request a specific room or request room ending in xx25, for example. TIA!

I am having trouble figuring out what is your question. Is it about the room request you want to make? If so, I would not add the comment about no HA room, because the Room Assigner might miss the word no and assign you a handicap room.

I am having trouble figuring out what is your question. Is it about the room request you want to make? If so, I would not add the comment about no HA room, because the Room Assigner might miss the word no and assign you a handicap room.

I want to do a room request. Some are requesting certain room numbers, OP posting not good to request specific room number. A few posts indicated requesting a room ending in xx25. Others stated requesting highest floor facing GF. I just don't want to see the red roof if at all possible again. So wanting advice on wording for room request. Thanks!

I want to do a room request. Some are requesting certain room numbers, OP posting not good to request specific room number. A few posts indicated requesting a room ending in xx25. Others stated requesting highest floor facing GF. I just don't want to see the red roof if at all possible again. So wanting advice on wording for room request. Thanks!

Then I would request a room facing GF and perhaps make a second request for a high floor. I wouldn't say high floor facing GF, because you might get the high floor facing the front of the resort and see the red roof again.

We are staying one night before a cruise. Originally had OKW and checking around saw that one night at GF so I grabbed it. We now have a one bed standard view. Never stayed here, what kind of view can I expect?

MadamG2U

Booked a 2BR standard view. My request to MS was high floor, resort view.

Our room #1513 looked out towards the monorail and to the right we had a glimpse of the pool/lagoon and at night the MK fireworks.

So - for a standard view studio, is requesting "xx29", high floor, the best request to make? Thanks in advance!

So - for a standard view studio, is requesting "xx29", high floor, the best request to make? Thanks in advance!

Your request is easy to understand, but . . .

Keep in mind that there are only four villas that have room numbers ending in "xx29" and one of them is a ground floor villa. You may be limiting yourself to a very small number of possible villas with such a specific request. If those four villas are not available on the day you check in, what do you think the room assigner will do?

Your request is easy to understand, but . . .

Keep in mind that there are only four villas that have room numbers ending in "xx29" and one of them is a ground floor villa. You may be limiting yourself to a very small number of possible villas with such a specific request. If those four villas are not available on the day you check in, what do you think the room assigner will do?
My apologies, as I was trying to be concise and probably lost content in doing so.

Ideally would like a chance of seeing MK fireworks, and it looks like "xx29" studios are the best ones for that. Are there other studios that fit the bill? Also, other than the dreaded 1221 red roof view and the HA ones that don't have the walk in shower, are there any other standard studios that are less than desirable?

My apologies, as I was trying to be concise and probably lost content in doing so.

Ideally would like a chance of seeing MK fireworks, and it looks like "xx29" studios are the best ones for that. Are there other studios that fit the bill? Also, other than the dreaded 1221 red roof view and the HA ones that don't have the walk in shower, are there any other standard studios that are less than desirable?

These are standard view rooms, if Disney thought that any of them were an MK view of fireworks view, they would charge more for the room. That doesn't mean that you might not be lucky and get a room that has a partial fireworks view but I wouldn't count on it. Anytime that you request a room that reduces the available pool, the odds of success is reduced.

Good luck

:earsboy: Bill

Like Bill above said, there are a few rooms where you may be able to see high fireworks from Magic Kingdom over rooftops, but you're not going to be getting some direct fireworks view or view of any theme park buildings like a theme park view room category at GF or Poly or CR. I wouldn't bother with requesting that unless it's going to be your only chance at glimpsing any fireworks for your whole trip due to bedtimes or something like that.

Like Bill above said, there are a few rooms where you may be able to see high fireworks from Magic Kingdom over rooftops, but you're not going to be getting some direct fireworks view or view of any theme park buildings like a theme park view room category at GF or Poly or CR. I wouldn't bother with requesting that unless it's going to be your only chance at glimpsing any fireworks for your whole trip due to bedtimes or something like that.
So.... are you and Bill saying not to bother with a room request, then?

If it was me, I would ask for an upper floor on the side looking toward the Grand Floridian Main Lobby and the Pool. That way you have a good shot at seeing the FireWorks. We usually go down to the dock area where you have a great view and can hear the music.

So.... are you and Bill saying not to bother with a room request, then?

Well you can request something like higher floor or facing main building or something if you prefer one side of the building over the other. I did that and got a room on an upper floor kind of facing the monorail with the main building off to the right. There aren't many bad views except for the couple that face out at the portico roof, just luck of the draw on those two.

hey guys i just booked a lake view studio, without looking through every room link:eek: are there any studios that have a fireworks view?

A nu
hey guys i just booked a lake view studio, without looking through every room link:eek: are there any studios that have a fireworks view?

You might want to check out some of the standard view rooms that end in XX11 and XX28. Any of the ones that face the beach pool should have a view of the fireworks.

Your best bet for lake view and fireworks is a unit ending in -14. I know there are a lot of links as you mentioned but not many that match your booking category (only rooms ending in -04, -10, and -14) so it's probably worth a few minutes to check out.

We have a standard one bedroom. Are there elevators, my mom has a problem with stairs.

MadamG2U

2q16pmc.jpg

Room 1429 standard view

CM said we'd be able to see fireworks but we were either in parks or at TotWL for them. Great room, possibly my favorite view so far.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter