VGF, BLT or BWV ? Addonitis!

bluelily225

Earning My Ears
Hi! I am a new member! Just got AKV and booked my trip :)
I am thinking that I would like 11-month dibs on a resort nearer to the parks as well. VGF looks gorgeous and now with the new walkway, I think it is a good idea. BLT is also a good option.
AND at the same time, BWV appeals to me for its location... the boardwalk looks super fun.
I do have a 2 yr old so being near MK I think will be ideal in the long run... I honestly can't decide.

I would appreciate your input!

We own at BLT because we wanted proximity to MK. We have no regrets.

The biggest reason over VGF: Less money per point AND less points per night.

The biggest reason over the Epcot resorts was date of expiration.

You might want to post this on the DVC boards. You’ll get plenty of input from current owners over there.

I am thinking that I would like 11-month dibs on a resort nearer to the parks as well. VGF looks gorgeous and now with the new walkway, I think it is a good idea. BLT is also a good option.
AND at the same time, BWV appeals to me for its location... the boardwalk looks super fun.
I do have a 2 yr old so being near MK I think will be ideal in the long run... I honestly can't decide.

VGF is awesome, but expensive (we own here). People think it is stuffy, but my 3 little girls love the lobby with the Penguin fountain and love the pool as well. With the new walkway to MK going in, it isn't quite as easy a walk as BLT but my family will use it ever time going to MK.

You might even walk to think about Poly, even with the studio only option, the studios are huge depending on your family size. And when the VGF walkway is in, you can still walk from Poly to MK via VGF.

I own BWV and BLT. We love BWV, but if I was adding on it would be BLT. The ease of renting and the high price for rental points matter. There is a premium for rented BLT points. MFs are lower.

As to GF, it's beautiful. And I agree with the poster above, some people find it stuffy- I'm one of those. I have seen horrible behavior by kids at that resort- several times. I have not witnessed that behavior at BLT or BWV. Admittedly, my sample size is small- your experience may differ. The look is one of spoiled rich kids. We still visit there occasionally to eat, the restaurants are stellar. We also eat at Kona Cafe (Ohana is a zoo that we avoid), but our favorite restaurants are at the Contemporary.

I think the best way for you to decide is to stay at all of them. Take a week and book 2 days at each.

I’ve stayed at VGF and BWV and spent a fair amount of time at BLT, but never stayed there. BWV is our favorite place to stay. Just love the laid back vibe, the awesome Boardwalk entertainment, Ample Hills, and Flying Fish. And of course super easy access to two parks. So you’ll have to decide if the easy access to MK trumps the easy access to EPCOT (which is about to be new and improved) and Hollywood. If so, you should definitely go BLT.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter