VGC disappeared from booking options list

senoragilbert

Mouseketeer
Hi! Is anyone else seeing this? Yesterday, I was able to search rooms and put in a waitlist request for VGC. Today, it does not appear on my list of options. The number of resorts went from 14 to 13. (I am a resale owner so Riviera never shows for me). Anyone else experiencing the same? I didn't hear any rumblings about DVC taking away booking ability from the legacy resorts, so I'm hoping this is just a glitch!

I read elsewhere that they had another glitch and rooms showed up that were not really there. So all booking was removed.

Hi! Is anyone else seeing this? Yesterday, I was able to search rooms and put in a waitlist request for VGC. Today, it does not appear on my list of options. The number of resorts went from 14 to 13. (I am a resale owner so Riviera never shows for me). Anyone else experiencing the same? I didn't hear any rumblings about DVC taking away booking ability from the legacy resorts, so I'm hoping this is just a glitch!
GLITCH. All our points are direct and I don't see VGC right now.

I own at grand Californian and I don’t see it on the list either ☹️ when I log in. My sister wanted me to see if anything was as available for the d23 because she couldn’t get the resort to show up on her DVC account.

Yep. Must be a glitch. I was able to book a room in Dec (11-months) early this morning then later it disappeared from the search list.

We own at Grand Californian as well and have the same issue. Why can't they get this right?

Has anyone here called member services? Any update from DVC on how and when we can book VGC again?

Noticed the same yesterday and checked again today and it now says due to technical issues VGC cannot currently be booked online.

Noticed the same yesterday and checked again today and it now says due to technical issues VGC cannot currently be booked online.
Looks like a 2-4 hour phone call is waiting for me to book this weekend... Yah for DVC :(

Looks like a 2-4 hour phone call is waiting for me to book this weekend... Yah for DVC :(

I wouldnt waste your time unless something changes. The message on the DVC booking website says it is down for member services as well for new bookings and modifications.

I wouldnt waste your time unless something changes. The message on the DVC booking website says it is down for member services as well for new bookings and modifications.
You don't think we can book reservation on the phone either for VGC? Has anyone tried?

I did not try myself, but there were reports on a BookFace group I'm in that they are unable to do anything but cancel right now.

I'm trying to modify a reservation and was just told that member services can't do anything with Grand Californian reservations. I've tried many times over the past several months to modify this reservation online with absolutely no luck. My 30 day cancellation window is fast approaching and I need to remove a couple of days. I'm now on hold waiting to talk with a more knowledgeable person?

Update: Finally spoke with someone and they are still not able to do anything with any Grand Californian reservations unless one wants to totally cancel. I may try to send a message so someone can get on this as soon as they are able to modify.

Last edited:
Thanks all for the information. Hopefully this is resolved soon. I am shocked they don't seem to be treating the inability to make or modify reservations as a bigger deal from their communications or lack thereof.

Been continuously checking! So excited. I just bought into DVC and already booked my stay at AKV in December and had 100 points to spare!

Im going to Disneyland in about 2 weeks and was wanting to see availability for 3 nights midweek! I figured that this close to the date, I wouldn't find anything but lo and behold, fortune shined upon me this time and I got a 1BR Villa for the full stay! WOW! So now instead of staying at the Fairfield Marriott, I'm going to be staying at Grand Cali for the first time ever!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter