Very Upset with Magical Express

cs2sgrl

Mouseketeer
I am very upset with Disney at the moment. Yesterday we recieved our Magical Express vouchers, they have the wrong names on it. See, we are taking our trip this year with some friends, actually we take all of our Disney Trips with these friends, this year because money is tight we are sharing a room, so we booked our Magic your way package for 4 adults. The reservations were placed under our friends name but since we have a disney visa, they sent us the money and we put it on our Disney card. Disney had no trouble with that part. The parts they did have trouble with were, first, my lastname, I have been to disney about 7 times that the reservations have been in my name,I was married at Disney, but no matter how many times I have asked them to change my name they still send stuff in my maiden name. So I called to make our ME reservations and changed my name and was told that since my name was not the "lead" name on the reservation that the ME vouchers would go to our friend who intend would have to send them to me. She did, but they did not have our names on them.. So here is where I get mad at Disney. I called to explain this and encountered a very Un-Disney, Un-Magical CM.

I am terrified of losing my luggage, no matter where we are going so on short hops, I try to take a carry on only(I even bought a seat for my wedding dress last year)So now I am worried that my luggage is going to get lost because of the different names. Not only that but you know how airlines are now, what if they question the different names? So I tried to explain to the CM that I would really feel much better if I was sent new vouchers but that if they did not get to me in time I would use these, WELL she was very rude, I asked for her name and employee number and she told me that she did not have an employee number or ID, so I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told that no one was there. I was told that in order to recieve new tickets the reservations would have to be changed into my name. I was very disappointed in the service that I recieved. My friend called minutes after I did and spoke to a supervisor, she got more information than I did and was re-assured that our luggage would not get lost. I am very accomodating and if you are nice to me I dont get nasty or mean, I have worked with the public before and I know how to smile and be nice and to say have a great day at the end of the conversation. I didnt even get have a magical day.. What has happend to Disney Service.

I'm sorry you got such rotten service. I would just not put the tags on my luggage and get it myself when I got to Orlando. Give it to them to put under the bus. when you get to your resort, explan the problem and the attitude you got. I'm sure they wil be much more helpful.

I am sorry that you did not get Magical Service from the CM you spoke with! It is hard when we all expect perfection.
To ease your mind however, I have been reading about ME on the Transportation Board for months, since we are planning on using it in October.
The situation you described - with all of the tags being in the name of the reservation holder - is exactly how ME works. I have not read where anyone has had a problem with this. Others have questioned it, have been told this is the correct process, and all has worked well.
Put your worries to bed and stop obsessing about your luggage. You are headed to Disney and will have a wonderful time. HTH

There no excuse to get poor customer service. Actually, I'd be more concerned about losing your luggage if the ME tags had your name on them, but the room reservation was in your friend's name. The airlines don't even look at the magical express tags, and could care less if they're on the bag or not, or what the name is on the tags. ME tags are just like any other luggage tag you would put on your bag to the airline. The only thing the airline is concerned about is their barcoded luggage tag that will get your luggage to the right destination. The ME tags are used to indicate to the baggage handling personnel that the luggage should be pulled at the airport and transported to WDW by the ME baggage trucks and not go to the carousel. Once the bags get to your resort, the name and code on the bags will get them matched up to your room reservation and delivered to your room. As a previous poster stated, if your concerned about getting your bags, don't put the ME tags on them, pick them up from the baggage carousel and then bring them to the ME bus yourself.

As I said at the beginning, there's still no excuse for poor customer service and that CM had to be lying if she said there's no supervisor there. There is always a way to get a supervisor at a call center.

Have a Magical trip!

wow just a few simple posts and I feel better already, thank you.. Mind is a little more at ease now. I just dont want to get my bags the next day. We are going to have a full day at the parks the first day and I dont want to come back all sweaty and stinky and not have clothing.. Thanks everyone :lovestruc

If the room is in your friend's name then baggage with yellow tags also in your friend's name will get to the room more easily than if the baggage tags were in your name. You may still have other (non-Disney) baggage tags with your name.

I think your friend or at least someone in his party will need to be with you when you report to the Magical Express desk when you arrive in Orlando.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/magicx.htm

The airlines don't care that you have the magical express tags on your luggage. They will tag them with your name on their baggage tags. Disney will look at one, the airlines will look at the other.

If the tags are still screwed up when you get to the DME counter at MCO give them the baggage claim tags from the airlines and they will get your luggage to your room at the resort with no problems.

Relax and look forward to WDW. Your luggage will be there for you.

The airlines don't care WHAT name is on the luggage tags. They never check this.

Personally while the CM should not have been rude I think this is much ado over nothing. The room is in your friends name right? . The luggage needs to be in that name if you would ever like it to be delivered. While Disney does put ALL of your names on the room when the CM pulls it up on his/her computer for luggage delivery it is going by the reservation name. In that case I actually think the tags are correct.

There are 10 of us going next week. My name is on all the ME tags, however all of them were sent to my Mom in Utah. She sent the ones with my families names (each tag has reservation booker's name and the name of one of the group) Well, my families booklet had all my Mom's flight info and her group has all my families flight info. I was very concerned, but my TA assured me that the luggage will be picked up because of the ME tags and because my name is on each one it will go to the correct hotel. Whew!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter