• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Very unexpected positive CM experience...

labattblue

DIS Veteran
During a recent visit after the first of the year, we were entering MK one evening. I had my DD's Minnie headband ears in my backpack. As the security CM was going through the backpack, he says "didn't you forget something?". I said "what is that?". He replied "you forgot to put your ears on!", and he handed them to me. I put them on, walked away, and DD snapped a quick pic before I took them off as we entered the park.

Not every CM interaction has to be a great one, or even a good one...it's the ones that come out of left field that make you realize the moments still can occur.

PS I am an adult 50+ male.

LOL

I always like when a guard is going through a guest's backpack and sees a full size lunch for a family of four and then returns the backpack and smiles and says, "now, what time is lunch and where should I be?" I've seen families who have been afraid they will have their lunches taken from them and then they go through the turnstiles with huge smiles on their faces. That is the way to start a day.

I have to say, some of the happiest and friendliest CMs are the security screeners! :) They put you in a good frame of mind to enter the parks.

Wonderful. The security CMs are usually great in my experience.

We had great experiences with the security CMs - the ones that we encountered were always happy and had a sense of humour. It was a great way to start the day!

I spent my last 2 trips in a wheelchair due to an ankle/ foot injury and the security guards were always the best! I've never been called "Princess" so many times in my life! (And I'm 31 years old.)

Disney security is the best. The one at AK told me a Frozen joke since I was wearing an Elsa magicband. He said, "why cannot Elsa hold a balloon?"" Because she'll let it go." The one at MK always jokes about how old I am. "You are turing 92?" LOL always makes me smile.

As someone who works in security/surveillance and has had my share of less than ideal encounters with patrons I LOVE how cheerful security CMs are. I completely agree with the above that some of my favorite encounters with CMs have been with the screeners. Keep up the GREAT work!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter