Very Special Offer coming from DCL on Wednesday 12/10

booo. we're on the Jan 22. wonder with 2 kids. no refund. man, I could just spit!
It would be more to reshop the cruise.
I feel cheated. and used. and abused.
They should do SOMETHING for us who aren't getting ANYTHING.

I'm venting, I know....:mad:

I tried to get a quote on the website, single momma of 2 kids 11 and 9. Haven't tried calling yet, but looks like single parents weren't taken into consideration either

It would be the same as any other cruise. One child would be at the second person rate and the third child would get the discount.

When pricing online you have to go all the way through to see the price. It doesn't change when you put in the code and click update. you have to continue to the next page to see the discount.

It would be the same as any other cruise. One child would be at the second person rate and the third child would get the discount.

When pricing online you have to go all the way through to see the price. It doesn't change when you put in the code and click update. you have to continue to the next page to see the discount.

It didn't work on the website, but was applied when I called. Thanks!

We had been talking about adding a cruise to our trip in Feb, so this seemed great for us, 2 A, 3C under 12.

But I wanted to add the days before our trip and to change the flights, you have to pay $100 per person, and then the difference in tickets - we got a really good deal, so would likely have to pay $200 more per ticket now, so that would be $1500 extra to add the discounted cruise. So for us it isn't worth it - the cruise discount is still great, but since everything else is already booked in at low prices it doesn't make cost effective sense to add it - darn that cost effectiveness, I really want to try a Disney cruise. :guilty:

Hopefully others can take advantage of this.

Enjoy.
Vickie

My deposit was $600 for 2 adults and 2 kids? Wonder why? Did everyone else just have to put down $200?

I'm sorry to hear people are disappointed. I would be too, if I didn't have kids or had already booked at a higher rate.

For us, it's perfect. We were planning to do Disney on rented points May 24 - 28, and then find a cheap cruise for the weekend (a non-Disney cruise because Carnival and RCCL's prices are so much cheaper than Disney's short cruises). When this deal came out, it was like it was made for us! We are super excited.

Hopefully Disney will come out with a deal for those of you without children. As a frequent cruiser, I anticipate that many cruise lines will have great rates after the holidays. Two years ago, we booked RCCL 7 day with a 3/4 passenger rate of $99. It was great! I'd be on the lookout for some deals like that come January!

But they already have you hooked...they know that. You don't need the extra incentive to book.

By opening this up to families with YOUNG kids who may have never cruised before, they stand to gain more customers who will continue to book as their kids get older.

When you stop and think about it, it makes perfect sense for DCL to expand their customer base. By 2012, DCL will have a total of 4 ships they will need to fill. The two new ships are quite a bit larger than the Magic and Wonder. They will need new customers to fill those ships.

There will be first time DCL cruisers who will book this new special and experience all that most of us love about cruising DCL and become loyal customers.

It could turn out to be a good move for DCL.

I tried to get a quote on the website, single momma of 2 kids 11 and 9. Haven't tried calling yet, but looks like single parents weren't taken into consideration either

This promotion is no different than before....You have always had to pay two adult fares for the first two people in you room. DS (9) and I have cruised twice and it was the same price for him as it was for me.

Sorry, but this "very special offer" cause me to just yawn. Not at all what I was hoping for. As others have said...a total letdown!

Karen

Let down for me too Karen...have 3 teens so this does nothing for me either. And I agree, seems like single parents were left out ? Disappointing to all but a certain demographic.

This discount does me no good at all, but it's got me thinking...

I just booked (12/4) a 4 night cruise on the Wonder for Jan 2010. This is for 2 adults and 1 child (will be 12). We are in a cat. 6 and the total is a little over $2400, with $100 OBC. Is this a good deal? (Includes insurance) And we had to pay $300 deposit, which I thought was 1/2 of the normal deposit. Did I miss something?

This promotion is no different than before....You have always had to pay two adult fares for the first two people in you room. DS (9) and I have cruised twice and it was the same price for him as it was for me.

I too wish it would be more cost effective for one parent to travel with one child. Sometimes my husband can't go, and I'd like to be able to take one child at a time for a special trip.

Umm, what was the promotion from before???

I just booked 5/28 for my family of 4 (2 children). Grand total was around $920. It will be our first Disney cruise. We've always wanted to go but it's been out of our price range, so we've only cruised with Carnival and Royal Caribbean. We are so excited!

You are the EXACT reason DCL chose to do this particular kind of offer!

I haven't read the last few pages....but why are people saying these cruises will be OVERRUN with children? The ship only takes so many kids in each age group and OFTEN sails full. There won't be any more children than there possibly could have been anyway. :confused3

It would be more to reshop the cruise.
I feel cheated. and used. and abused.

niciggy: How exactly are you getting "shafted" if it's more to re-shop your cruise?

Do you even know what reshopped means? If it would be MORE to re-shop your cruise, then you are getting a good deal with what you are paying. Duh. Stop your complaining. It's like those who never GOT the Fuel Surcharge in first place complaning that they didn't get the OBC! :headache:

Seriously? Used, Abused and Cheated? :confused3 You must have a golden life then! You are going on a Disney Cruise with your children. You have the money to pay for this (supposedly). You are anything but ABUSED AND CHEATED.

I get a kick out of the fact that everyone feels let down by DCL's announcement. The only reason why everyone got their hopes up was because we were told to expect a big deal by the OP:

We have received word that something 'very big' is coming from DCL on 12/10.

I have no further information - but I will be doing my best to get as much info as possible.

All I know is that this will be "...a first of its kind for Disney Cruise Line".

Don't ya just love when Disney does stuff like this?

No offense, I know you guys meant well and you guys do a great job, but you did DCL a disservice by building up the hype when there was nothing to hype. Most of the discussion here was fueled by the belief generated here and on MouseSavers that a "Big announcement was coming". The fact is, the offer that Disney is selling is a good deal, since they normally do not offer such deep discounts for the cruise line. If you expected more, you have nobody to blame but yourselves for getting all worked up over unfounded rumors.

This is how Disney presented it. It wasn't Dreams that described the offer.

I was going to say the same exact thing. John didn't do anything except pass along the press release that DCL sent to all travel agents who sell their cruises. The other sites had the same information posted this week. If something had come along that WAS good and they had not told us what they knew, that would be the disservice of not allowing anyone to prepare and check in today to find to find out what the deal was. They were hoping that it was a great deal too, just as DCL advertised.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter