Very new to off-site resort rentals...questions

crayfishgirl

Earning My Ears
Hello

I have a work trip in February which my family and mother-in-law will be joining me on. In trying to keep the cost down I've been looking into resort rentals rather than two hotel rooms, and have settled on Windsor Hills. I had a few questions:

1. We had looked into rentals through Villa Direct, but reviews say they have a spotty repuation and are more expensive than renting directly through a condo owner (i.e. vrbo.com). One owner highlighted the issue that if homeowners association dues are not up to date then you wouldn't be able to use the facilities. How does one find that out?

2. I have found a few places through Oasis Vacation Homes that are similarly priced to VRBO rates. Has anyone rented through them...they have an A+ rating with the BBB (but Villa Direct does too).

3. I have a 9 month old and nearly 3 year old...should we get a townhome with a splash pool, and is the heater sufficient for February weather?

4. Finally, has anyone stayed at "Sunshine Getaway" and dealt with the owner? Argh....because this is my first post I can't include a link...sorry.

I'm probably overthinking this, but this is the first time I've done this and don't want to overpay or end up somewhere unclean/not well maintained.

Thanks!

First of all - welcome and yay for a trip to Disney! I stayed at Windsor Hills 2 years ago and loved it but I have no recent info for you:confused: I used Dave Robinson from vacation central florida and was pleased with our 3bd/3bath townhouse with pool. We were there at the end of Nov so the pool was fine then - not sure for Feb. I would imagine its gonna be too cold for the pool but thats my TX girl reaction. Anyway, there are lots of helpful folks on here with more current experience but I wanted to respond and say "welcome to the Dis!"

We have stayed at Windsor Hills twice (July 2011 and July 2010)

We rented through http://www.magicalvacationhomes.com/

Excellent website. Lots of selection.
The pictures are accurate and the website gives updated availability.
It is a rental company, so you don't have to negotiate with an owner (although the owners seem to be real nice)

One of the units we stayed at was MVH_018 (Location, Location, Location...) right next to the pool. Next to the pool is a big plus, and is worth the slightly higher cost.

Both of the condos we rented had all the baby equipment (pack-and-play, stroller, kid-type pool floaties, etc). In good shape too. It is a big plus if you don't have to lug that stuff there.

The main pool has a zero-depth entry. For little ones, you might do better at the main pool rather than having your own pool because of the zero-depth part. There is also a dancing fountain in the pool area that the 3yo will love.

And both condos were VERY clean. Immaculate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter