Very Merrytime or April Cruise?

mrsgthatsme

Mouseketeer
Now that the Early Spring 2022 itineraries have been announced, I feel like we can actually start planning and dreaming about the trip we will reschedule to replace the April 2020 cruise we missed! :) We have always cruised in April, as we find the weather in the Caribbean to be generally good then and I feel like there is less risk that one of us will have a cold or other bug then vs the winter. However, we have considered booking a Very Merrytime on Nov. 27, 2021 or an April 2022 sailing (same itinerary... 4 day on the Magic with CC, Nassau and Key West). If you were given the choice, and the price was comparable, which would you choose? Pros and cons of each? Thanks!

We've cruised both times of the year, and both have their pros. I live in the Midwest so getting to the sunny, warm Caribbean in April when the temps might be in the 50's after a long cold winter? Heaven.

Nov though, it is fun to see the ship all decorated and I love seeing the christmas tree at CC.
Big pro? Nov 2021 is sooner

Thanksgiving is November 25, 2021. This could impact crowds & prices for pre-cruise travel/hotel...Merrytime Cruises also tend to be pricier

We live in Michigan, so we also like to escape the cold weather and have cruised in April on 3 cruises and had a great time.

Christmas cruises are just so much fun. Especially if you don't mind celebrating the Christmas season early. Don't forget that while the cost of the cruise could be similar, air fare likely will not.

Over the last few years my wife and I have been doing two cruises a year. We would do one in April then we would do a Very Merrytime cruise. We have also done Halloween cruises. We loved both times of the year. It is just the two of us, no kids so that let us go when prices were the lowest for that time of the year. We would do a seven day cruise for each. We normally go on the western Caribbean itinerary. November 2019 was the first time we went on the eastern itinerary in nineteen years.
That's a little background.
With that said I absolutely love going on the Very Marrytime cruise. Christmas is our favorite time of the year.
The decorations on the ship make the cruise all that more special. A lot of people also decorate their cabin doors with holiday decorations. We bring our own little Christmas tree and a do it your self Ginger bread house for our room. The atmosphere is something special for me and my wife.
I vote for very Merrytime.

This was our door last year

Our little tree lit up in our window

The lobby all decorated

The ginger bread house in the lobby

We even brought some friends with us

Over the last few years my wife and I have been doing two cruises a year. We would do one in April then we would do a Very Merrytime cruise. We have also done Halloween cruises. We loved both times of the year. It is just the two of us, no kids so that let us go when prices were the lowest for that time of the year. We would do a seven day cruise for each. We normally go on the western Caribbean itinerary. November 2019 was the first time we went on the eastern itinerary in nineteen years.
That's a little background.
With that said I absolutely love going on the Very Marrytime cruise. Christmas is our favorite time of the year.
The decorations on the ship make the cruise all that more special. A lot of people also decorate their cabin doors with holiday decorations. We bring our own little Christmas tree and a do it your self Ginger bread house for our room. The atmosphere is something special for me and my wife.
I vote for very Merrytime.

This was our door last year
View attachment 532645

Our little tree lit up in our window
View attachment 532647

The lobby all decorated

View attachment 532648

The ginger bread house in the lobby

View attachment 532649

We even brought some friends with us

View attachment 532651
Thanks for sharing the pics! I have planned our first cruise ever, which will be a Very Merrytime in December 2021. I am trying not to think about it too much because it’s such a long way out, but whenever I see pics the excitement starts bubbling up!

If you are into decorations and such, yes, the pre-christmas cruises will work. We have sailed once before but wouldn't go out of our way to pick those cruises. Halloween maybe - but not in the Caribbeans/Bahamas at that time of the year.

For every other reason, April cruises win. The temperatures are perfect in Bahamas, you can swim all day long, and there is absolutely no storms or rough waters to contend. There is a reason why Disney doesn't have to sell these cruises with Merrytime/SWDAS/MDAS flavors.

Just avoid the Easter holidays if cost is an object.

If you are into decorations and such, yes, the pre-christmas cruises will work. We have sailed once before but wouldn't go out of our way to pick those cruises. Halloween maybe - but not in the Caribbeans/Bahamas at that time of the year.

For every other reason, April cruises win. The temperatures are perfect in Bahamas, you can swim all day long, and there is absolutely no storms or rough waters to contend. There is a reason why Disney doesn't have to sell these cruises with Merrytime/SWDAS/MDAS flavors.

Just avoid the Easter holidays if cost is an object.

The US has a lot of spring break crowds in March & April, which also helps them sell without added themes. :thumbsup2

Easter is April 17 in 2022 - just putting that out there because it makes everything that week more expensive.

the first thing I do is check holidays. I thought of April 16th, then that quickly came off my list. So looking at early March.

Thanks for sharing the pics! I have planned our first cruise ever, which will be a Very Merrytime in December 2021. I am trying not to think about it too much because it’s such a long way out, but whenever I see pics the excitement starts bubbling up!
I know how you feel! We have our first cruise booked for October of 2021. I keep finding out new information, and I swear I get goosebumps just thinking about it. Just wanted to let you know you're not alone. I hope you guys have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter