Very Merrytime Cruise

TivoQueen

Mouseketeer
Hi,
So excited we just booked a Very Merrytime cruise to the Bahamas. I have sailed Disney before and loved it, but never a holiday cruise. Christmas is my fav time of year. Can anyone who has cruised the Merrytime cruises in the past tell me what I can expect? Thank you

Very Merrytime is SO much fun...lots of activities from making ornaments to decorating gingerbread cookies. Tree lighting ceremony in the atrium with the characters and Christmas carols, Winter Wonderland Ball with Santa, Mrs. Claus and snow in the atrium. The ship is beautifully decorated with a huge tree and gingerbread house. Characters are decked out in their holiday finest. Families getting their photos taken in ugly Christmas sweaters and/or Christmas pajamas. It's a cruise long celebration!

Also you can order special holiday decorations that will be in your room when you arrive - and also a special Christmas blanket and pillow to take home.

If you can, spend a day at WDW for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party and another day at Epcot for the Candlelight Processional. The parks are also wonderfully decorated for Christmas.

Also you can order special holiday decorations that will be in your room when you arrive - and also a special Christmas blanket and pillow to take home.

I’m on the December 5th 7 night cruise. I keep checking for the Christmas decorations and blanket, but nothing is available to purchase yet.

I was hoping for the in room Christmas decorations as we did it once before and our girls take turns during the holidays sleeping with the blanket on their beds - was thinking this would be a shot to get a second one but have heard the Halloween decorations weren't available so not high hopes for Christmas. The decorations came with a Fish Extender type item last time and wondering with no Fish Extenders allowed on doors if this is part of reason to not have. Fingers crossed I'm wrong.

Very Merrytime is SO much fun...lots of activities from making ornaments to decorating gingerbread cookies. Tree lighting ceremony in the atrium with the characters and Christmas carols, Winter Wonderland Ball with Santa, Mrs. Claus and snow in the atrium. The ship is beautifully decorated with a huge tree and gingerbread house. Characters are decked out in their holiday finest. Families getting their photos taken in ugly Christmas sweaters and/or Christmas pajamas. It's a cruise long celebration!

If you can, spend a day at WDW for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party and another day at Epcot for the Candlelight Processional. The parks are also wonderfully decorated for Christmas.

Agreed - the Merrytime cruises and the activities are our favorite themed cruises. My only worry is this year they may not do all of that! For Halloween on the High Seas cruise we just did on the Dream just now they had the tree up, and the atrium decorations, but no other real activities at all in the atrium, including the lighting ceremony. There was also no HotHS merchandise either. Hope it returns for Christmas!

As other posters have already mentioned, it's wonderful with festive decorations and activities and treats at the atrium. On our cruise we did the gingerbread house - but not sure if it's still available...heard it changed to cookies which is likely a lot easier for my family who didn't do well with the ginger house :rotfl2:

When I contacted DCL about the in room decorations, they told me that it doesn't become available until closer to the cruise. It was a few years ago so I may not be correct, but I think it was available around 30-45 days prior.

We have a Christmas cruise this year but still not sure if we're proceeding. I do hope it will be similar to previous years because it was so much fun!

We are looking at cruising the 17-20 of December as well! We have never been on a cruise and this would be the intro to our ten day vaycay, with a week at WDW/US after. We should just book already, yet hesitant because of C19:( Yet you have given me inspiration to just get this done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter