~Very important question~ (aka The Cocktail Thread)

lojo

Mouseketeer
This is probably one of the most important questions I've asked yet.... no, I'm not joking, there are some things in life that you just don't joke about.

Which restaurants offer the most extensive cocktail menus, and which do not have cocktails at all?

Any particular cocktails that you would recommend?

Since this trip will be adults only, I intend to make the most of it.

This is me after two cocktails :rotfl2: , you don't have any smilies for three or more!

How about this one :drinking1 or even :drinking:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

So far, the biggest selection I've found is at the Rainforest Cafe and Planet Hollywood. Afraid I can't remember what they were called but there was only one I didn't care for. ;)

I rather favour Rainforest Cafe for a cocktail or two

Tropical Toucan
- A lushious blend of Bacardi rum, banana liqueur, orange and pineapple nectar with grenadine syrup
Rainbow Colada - A chilling combination of dark rum, banana, pineapple juice, cream of coconut and strawberry syrup.

Lightning Lemonade
- Mix of rum, lemonade, blue curacao and Sprit

Rain Forest Iced Tea - Rum, gin, vodka, tequilla, Jack Daniel's, sour mix and Coca Cola.

Typhoon Malibu
- Malibu, Midori, apple juice, pineapple nectar and raspberry syrup.

Margarilla - The Rain Forest Cafe house speciality made with tequilla.

Sneaky Snake - A "venemous" blend of Bacardi rum, banana liqueur, peach liqueur, Blue Curaçao, melon liqueur, cream of coconut and pineapple nectar.

Mojito
- Bacardi rum, lime, fresh mint leaves, cane sugar and soda water.

Jungle Runner
- White rum, dark rum, pineapple nectar, cream of coconut, orange syrup and raspberry coulis.

Leaping Lizard - Midori, pineapple juice, coconut milk and banana.
Cocktails in Lightning Glasses
+ 6,00
Rainforest Ricky - {ineapple, orange, apple, strawberry and grapefruit juice
Lightning Lemonade - Rum, lemonade, Blue Curacao nd Sprite
Typhoon Malibu - Malibu, Midori, apple juice, pineapple nectar and respberry syrup

I think most of the hotel bars will do cocktails - I know the Explorers do

This is me after 3 or more cocktails:sick:

I've got a feeling that my favourite was Rainforest Ricky only I'm sure it had alcohol in.

Oh don't worry I am with you all the way here and this is indeed a very important question-I worked out a food budget for our trip in May and when i showed it my hubby he went "what no cocktails???"-Disney is also very much about cocktails in the evening to me and my hubby!!!

So Rainforest cafe and Planet Hollywood are standard places for doing cocktails about 7-8 euros,

Rainforest cafe Lightning Lemonade...

SUC53775.jpg

but also The Hotel NY and Seqouia Lodge both do them (and very nice they are too). At the NY its waiter service we sat there with our cocktail listening to a live singer and you get given nibbles then at the end you get billed like in a restaurant at the seqouia you just order and pay as you would at a bar sit by the fire and sip away! Both hotels do different themed cocktails, they aren't the same. NY more classic long island iced tea style Seqouia more fruity ones.

Seqouia cocktails:

SUC54122.jpg

about 6-7.50 eur for a cocktail in the hotels and at Seqouia Lodge they do a mahoosive one for about 14 euros.

SUC54112.jpg

I highly reccomend the Seqouia Lodges-also for about 11 euros you get a free disney souvenir glass with your cocktail this was very nice and is lovingly placed at home in my cabinet!

For the record I'm not an alcoholic honest!!!:laughing:

And no those pictures weren't all taken the same night i swear!!!!
me after a few cocktails....:grouphug: :yay:

I really enjoy the cocktails in the bar at the Disneyland hotel. I love the Saxophone one!

I'm sensing a few like-minded folks out there. I'm also realising that I may not have booked enough days to do justice to the selection available. That was a very lovingly prepared list BRobson, I may very well take it with me as a challenge. And those photos Orion :dance3: .

I have a cupboard full of alcohol but cocktails made at home just never seem the same....

It's an amazing coincidence that we are staying at the Hotel New York .:rolleyes1

The "Phantom Manor" at the Lucky Nugget, tried for the first time last visit and supercedes my previous favourite "Silver Sunset" in this restaurant.

I always have the "Cosmopolitan" at Cafe Mickey.

I've had a Pina Colada at Sequoia Lodge, I can't remember the name of the ones at Newport Bay Club, but I had the Souvenier Glass in here and I had a very nice one at the Blue Lagoon, again I can't remember it's name. :)

ah i never saw the cocktails at the lucky nugget-i was with the parents and my 7 year old niece so was on best responsible adult behaviour mode (i.e-the pics of us with cocktails were after everyone else had gone to bed!!!!)

hmmmm I can't wait for May.
I can't remember half the names i just kept choosing at random!

It's an amazing coincidence that we are staying at the Hotel New York .:rolleyes1

We always have cocktails at the bar in hotel new york, they're good and don't have the extra couple of euros added on that the disneyland hotel fantastia bar has. To be honest, we found they all offer quite similar things and certainly hotel NY were willing to make whatever we wanted, or indeed something totally random!!!! I'll think you'll find plenty of drinks to fill your evening with :laughing:

I'm not really a drinker unless it cocktails-i def think the next trip we have i might have to sample a few ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!