Very generous offer

bobbidiboo

Mouseketeer
Hi, I have been having major medical problems(breast cancer) so have been thinking about selling my BWV membership and was made a very generous offer of 24,600 it is for 150 points. What I am wondering is this too good to be true, I have checked with TimeShare Store and they have listing of around 8000 to 9000 for 150 points so I am thinking this is to good to be true. Not sure if I can mention their name here, but they deal in real estate and I was told they had a corporate buyer in place that wants to purchase large quanties of this property. Any thoughts?

Hi, I have been having major medical problems(breast cancer) so have been thinking about selling my BWV membership and was made a very generous offer of 24,600 it is for 150 points. What I am wondering is this too good to be true, I have checked with TimeShare Store and they have listing of around 8000 to 9000 for 150 points so I am thinking this is to good to be true. Not sure if I can mention their name here, but they deal in real estate and I was told they had a corporate buyer in place that wants to purchase large quanties of this property. Any thoughts?

As long as they're willing to go through escrow, it should be okay (have to wire $ into the escrow company to close, typically).

...so I am thinking this is to good to be true. Not sure if I can mention their name here, but they deal in real estate and I was told they had a corporate buyer in place that wants to purchase large quanties of this property. Any thoughts?

did you originally ask them to look for a buyer or did they call you out of the blue with someone desperate to pay you 3 times what they could grab immediately from TTS?

IMO they are just looking for a sucker.

i wouldn't bother speaking with them but if you do, make sure you pay them nothing upfront...any fees can be paid out of the proceeds.

I am just wondering why somebody, who deal the real estate , would offer $24600 when they can get the same property at $9000 ?

Just be carefull...

....Not sure if I can mention their name here, but they deal in real estate and I was told they had a corporate buyer in place that wants to purchase large quanties of this property. Any thoughts?

150 points is pretty small for someone who wants to buy large quantities. They can buy much larger contracts for less through resale and if they are willing to pay so much, why not buy direct and get the perks? - be careful.

Something that sounds to good to be true, most likely isn't. Like Chuck said sound's like a scam.

Thanks guys, I kind of figured that it could be a scam,altho I am the one who contacted them thru another site and I did check them out thru BBB and their address & phone number are all legit. Only 2 complaints online of them being so slow at getting things done.

$164 a point? That's a scam. They will wind up with your points and you'll wind up with a fake check.

Any thoughts?
Yes. This is almost certainly an "up-front fee" scam. They will tell you that you need to put up money for a "value analysis" or "listing fee" or some other reasonable sounding thing. If you do so, the buyer will mysteriously disappear, and you'll be left with nothing.

Folks, if someone calls you out of the blue, it is not because you stand to make money on the deal. And never EVER pay more than a token amount in advance to list/sell/rent your timeshare.

Yes. This is almost certainly an "up-front fee" scam. They will tell you that you need to put up money for a "value analysis" or "listing fee" or some other reasonable sounding thing. If you do so, the buyer will mysteriously disappear, and you'll be left with nothing.

Folks, if someone calls you out of the blue, it is not because you stand to make money on the deal. And never EVER pay more than a token amount in advance to list/sell/rent your timeshare.
I agree, this is a known scam. There's no reason playing games with them.

Sorry to hear about your medical problems and hope you recover completely very soon.

Thanks for the question - it's always good to be reminded that there are unethical people out there waiting to take advantage of the uninformed.

Please don't compound your existing problems by falling for an obvious SCAM!!!!

There is no way that someone is going to pay more per point for resale than what they would pay for direct purchase.

I don't know how thay plan to take you... I'm just sure that they do plan to take you. :scared1:

Griz

I'm so sorry to hear of your battle with breast cancer. I am battling stage 4 colon cancer and as such, listed two of my three contracts with a well known agency ( don't know if I can name them here). They both have sold- one the same day it was listed and the other, about a month after it was listed. As I told their agent, I was much more interested in a quick sale than in getting the highest possible price. Depending on your situation you may feel the same way or you'd prefer to wait for more $$. Whatever company you deal with should show you the average listing/selling price and then it's up to you to price your contract at what you are willing to take. I was glad to use a reputable full-service company and pay their commission for the service I've received. Good luck selling your BWV points and in your battle to regain your health!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter