vero & Boogie Boards

chrisd596

DIS Veteran
Since we're taking the plane down this time instead of the Auto Train.......... were would be a good place to purchase a board for the ocean.

I would imagine that you could find a boogie board at the Walmart which is not too far down the road. There may be smaller stores that are actually closer, but I have only shopped there to do a one-stop-get-it-over-with-so-I-can-get-on-the-beach type of shopping. You can also rent them right on site.

We packed our boogie boards and checked them on as luggage. One DS has a more expensive one that made the trip, the other DS had a cheaper WalMart one that broke on the plane.

They rent them at Vero for about $8/day. (2002 price)

On the way back to Orlando, we stopped at a little surf shop and DS bought a better one that made the flight fine. I THINK this shop was about 1/2 hour away from the resort, at a traffic light, right hand side. If you want more details, PM me and I will ask DH if he remembers more.

I would not hesitate to check these better boards as luggage next summer!!!!!

Karen

Went to the local U-Haul store and bought a "mirror" box and we put the boogie board in it and always take it to HH and Vero with us. Just make sure you pack some tape so you can seal it back up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter