• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Vero Beach...

MickeyMania

Preparing for our first Disney Cruise!
Long time lurker - first time poster... :rotfl: (on these boards anyway!)

I live in Orlando and have stayed at many of the local resorts - but have NEVER been to Vero Beach Resort... We are going next weekend for two nights and I need some advice from the real experts here! :banana:

What should we not miss? Where should we eat? What should we skip?

All info very much appreciated... the cast: me(32), dh (34) ds (6), dd (3)

Thanks!! :goodvibes

I haven't been to VB at this time of the year, so I don't know what the weather is like to support what activities. There have always been campfires for families, your aged children would fit right in, they sing songs and provided s'mores for you. There is a bike rental and there's a mini-golf course. There are un-birthday parties, and beach walks and community room activities for all ages. You'll get a list of activities when you arrive, and they are posted on the wall in the lobby. There's a time for pin trading for the kiddies in the lobby.

All units have VCR's and the movie rentals are free to members.

We eat in the on site restaurant and we also like Captain Hirams which is about a 15 minute drive. There are menues from local restaurants in the lobby.

There is a nature center, very large and well run just a bit away from the resort.

We went to the Oceanographic facility nearby, can't think of it's exact name, it was in cooler weather and there were manatees in the lagoon at the center.

The pool/slide is very nice and the children's play area is a pirate ship. It's a great resort, I just don't know what Florida weather is like in November at the shore.

Have fun, and give us all a report when you come back. I'd love to hear from you.

Bobbi :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter