Vero Beach

pigletgirl

Mama to 4 Disney loving kids!
What is a realistic amount of time to spend at this resort?

We are planning a family vacation next year for April/May and wanted to get an idea.

Thanks. :)

Are you strictly Beach and pool people, or will you travel around the area? We enjoy the area as well as the resort. we like 5 nights.

We stayed here once a few years ago for three nights with another family. We felt our 3 nights was just a little too short (We did a split stay with WDW). We had a reservation again last year for another split stay (October) but due to hurricane Matthew, it was a no go :( We love some beach and relaxation time, I would go for at least 4 nights regardless. Depending on where you are coming from/traveling time, traveling party, splitting stay with cruise/WDW - would determine my nights.

We stayed here once a few years ago for three nights with another family. We felt our 3 nights was just a little too short (We did a split stay with WDW). We had a reservation again last year for another split stay (October) but due to hurricane Matthew, it was a no go :( We love some beach and relaxation time, I would go for at least 4 nights regardless. Depending on where you are coming from/traveling time, traveling party, splitting stay with cruise/WDW - would determine my nights
Are you strictly Beach and pool people, or will you travel around the area? We enjoy the area as well as the resort. we like 5 nights.
Beach and pool people! We would go either right before or after Disney. I'm thinking it would be very relaxing after spending time in the parks! It also will determine what else we choose to do. We'll be in the Orlando area for the 2 weeks (ish)....

Beach and pool people! We would go either right before or after Disney. I'm thinking it would be very relaxing after spending time in the parks! It also will determine what else we choose to do. We'll be in the Orlando area for the 2 weeks (ish)....
I assume you'll have a car, if not, even 1 day is too long IMO. With a car, I'd say 5 days is a good length but 7 is reasonable if you're comfortable getting out and exploring, going to eat and the like. For those that don't want to get out and about even with a car, I'd say 2-3 is better.

We're just back from a six-night stay...we spent three days by the beach, two at the pool and one exploring...airboat ride, citrus grove. Not a lot of options for eating; that said we ate at the restaurant, Wind and Waves, four nights (Not a lot of variety on the menu but the food was really good) and The Green Cabin, one night. Went to Mr. Manatee's nearby one night...food was just okay. We shopped at Walmart, not too far away, to buy breakfast and lunch items (sandwiches, etc).

We have spent 2 7 night trips where we just did Vero Resort. WE love the beach so it is good for us.
We also did one trip where we spent 5 days at WDW followed by 5 days at Vero. That was lovely
Have Fun

Well it also depends on what time of year you go. We have gone the last 2 years in March for three days. Both were windy and high waves and rip currents. This did not allow any time on the beach and even the pool was slightly too cool! Definitely need a car to go anywhere. We really enjoyed it but would like to go when we can go to the beach. If the beach is not an option then 3 days would do it for us.

Vero is one of my home locations and I really, really do love it. In fact, we'll be there soon again (next month!). But 5 nights is the limit. There is a reason we all call it zero beach. I love the gorgeous beach, the pool and some of the local restaurants and activities....but 5 is enough. There is not enough at the resort or surrounding area to keep someone like me engaged. That being said....if you are a person who craves the peace and quiet, then go for 7!! =)

We have stayed twice both times for 4 nights. That gives you 3 full beach days. Which for my boys is enough. We were there both times in the summer. Beginning and end of August.

Once it was before a DCL cruise. And the other time after a 4 night stay at WDW at SSR. The are around the resort is residential and pretty quiet. You are actually staying in Wabassa Beach north of VB. There are State Parks north of the resort that have activities but we have never gone. The resort is enough.

I agree....Squid Lips. We ate there both times. Excellent, but rustic. On a fishing pier.

Last trip we just ate ate resort, which was under renovations. So, dinner was in a small banquet room, but food was excellent.

If you go in warm weather months and like the beach maybe 4-6 nights or more. But like someone mentioned in colder months maybe only 3 nights. Good luck.

We stay the first full week of May each year. DH has mobility issues which limits our time on the actual beach so we spend the majority of our time at the pool. This is without a doubt the most relaxing week we have each year.

We're just back from a six-night stay...we spent three days by the beach, two at the pool and one exploring...airboat ride, citrus grove. Not a lot of options for eating; that said we ate at the restaurant, Wind and Waves, four nights (Not a lot of variety on the menu but the food was really good) and The Green Cabin, one night. Went to Mr. Manatee's nearby one night...food was just okay. We shopped at Walmart, not too far away, to buy breakfast and lunch items (sandwiches, etc).

We're going for 7 nights in June, and will have 3 adult/kids between the ages of 19 and 21 with us. I'm curious about the airboat ride you took. Did you find it on your own? Good experience? Thank you!

If it is turtle egg laying season, I suggest that going out with some conservancy group to see it happening is very interesting. Be prepared for mosquitos, however....wear long sleeves and long pants!

What is a realistic amount of time to spend at this resort?

We are planning a family vacation next year for April/May and wanted to get an idea.

Thanks. :)
We've stayed for a week every year since 1997. We go for the beach, not to be entertained by local attractions. If you want excitement, go to WDW. If you want to relax, go to Vero Beach. It's not a typical resort town with amusement parks and go cart tracks. If I wanted that I'd go to Panama City.

If you aren't people who need to always be doing something you could easily handle 3-5 days. No more than 3 if you get bored doing more than relaxing. Vero is one of my home resorts and I love it there, but in all honesty there isn't much do to other than relaxing and the resort activities (which in my opinion are geared to younger families - we are a family of all adults). I could easily do a week at Vero - lounging on the beach, reading, taking walks, catch a movie and some good meals in town. My young adult daughters get very bored, very quickly.

Agree with all the comments as we go to Vero every summer. 3-4 nights is our max (and our kids 8 & 6 love the waves). We live in FL, however, so if you are not from a place where you get a lot of beach time maybe a few more nights may be okay. As everyone stated, not too much to do around resort and you will need a car especially for getting out to other restaurants.

We have been to VB once for 3 nights in a inn room. We agreed the stay would have been more enjoyable if we had stayed in a 1BR or a regular studio.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter