• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Vero Beach - When to Go???

SalandJeff

Disney Addict x 3
I'm hoping all the VB experts can help me out. We have never been there and I want to start planning our 2008 trip. We want to do part of the week at VB and the remainder at BWV, which is our home resort.

When is a good time to go to VB? I can't stand it when it is too hot, and I am thinking Aug/Sept are too hot at WDW itself. Is it warm enough to swim in the ocen in May or June? I thought I read that this is the time of year that the sea turtles come in....dd and dh would love this.

Also, would we have a hard time booking at 7 month window do you think?

Thanks for any advice or tips on this resort! :goodvibes

We have had our nicest weather wise and ocean condition visits to Vero Beach in May and June. If you call at 7 months you shouldn't have a hard time getting in, unless you want a Beach Cottage. Don't have first hand experience (yet) with those, but there are so few of them, maybe 6. And yes, those are the months for turtle laying eggs. We've been in August, turtle hatching time, but we hit hurricane weather, that awful year for hurricanes...2005.

Bobbi:goodvibes

Is it warm enough to swim in the ocen in May or June? I thought I read that this is the time of year that the sea turtles come in....dd and dh would love this.

:goodvibes

:rotfl: If you are snowbirds like us you can swim all year round! We go in Feb and the water has been anywhere between 72 and 78. That beats high water temps in MA in August!!!!

What about March and October? My kids have breaks at the beginning of October and the end of March. How's the water temps then?

thanks!
Heather

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter