VERO BEACH Information & Adoration Thread

Hoping for some help from people who are more familiar than me with Vero beach layout. I am looking to book a 2 bedroom lockoff AND a studio villa for a family trip. Would it be possible to get a 2 bedroom lockoff and a studio villa (not inn) - in the same building/floor? We are taking both sets of grand parents - my mom would stay with us in the 2 bedroom and the in laws would want their own studio but also want to be close.
Once you get the reservation booked, I recommend calling Vero Beach Front Desk and request that they be in the same building. From my experience, Front Desk CM is very accommodating. Good luck and ENJOY!

Hoping for a waitlist to come thru for one night in August to extend my stay. Fingers crossed.

Just watched a YouTuber do a resort update with blatant disregard to the policies. Carrying her cup around claiming to be drinking which is why she won't wear a mask when asked to wear it while walking the resort. She was also not really respecting the personal space of the aquatic activity rental guy on the beach.

When criticized in the comments she responded to one person, "OK Boomer." And here I am thinking she doesn't exactly look THAT young; not like it matters when it comes to being a decent responsible adult.

Meanwhile being in healthcare I report to work every day, and wear a mask my entire 8 hour shift except when I'm on break. Florida's #s are skyrocketing because of inconsiderate people like her. Stating masks are polluting beaches and the ocean is moot if again, you are a decent responsible adult.
She was sooooo obnoxious& I consider it rude not wearing a mask especially when asked to by a CM

I’m thinking about switching my Disney trip in early November to Vero Beach. How spread out is the resort? I know the pool will be closed. Is the beach big? Or will it be crowded with no pool?

I’m thinking about switching my Disney trip in early November to Vero Beach. How spread out is the resort? I know the pool will be closed. Is the beach big? Or will it be crowded with no pool?

The beach is not huge but it is nice. Utube videos to see. Depth is the problem. If you rent an umbrella from Disney, be prepared for people to set up tents literally right in front of you. We find the resort pretty compact. It would definitely be nicer there with the pool, especially since it is in the center and a focal point of the resort. Also, if they are still doing social distancing, everything is half open which also makes it feel more crowded. No spa, no games, video games, or TVs in lobby, no s’mores outside, everything else half open. So the things that are open do feel more crowded. So like we went for a couple of days in late August and it was impossible to get a table in the bar (no bar stools) because everything is at half capacity. People would walk in and turn around and disappointedly walk right back out. The resort is remote, so it isn’t like wdw where you can just walk to another place, like you can walk from BWV to BCV, or monorail from poly to gf etc. Or have all of DS at your doorstep like at SSR. It is just Vero. And there isn’t a lot there. It isn’t like HH where you can easily walk out of the resort to another venue. You have to drive. Not complaining but just be prepared for that. You should utube videos to get a feel to decide. You could always split the vacation and just do a day or two there also.

The beach is not huge but it is nice. Utube videos to see. Depth is the problem. If you rent an umbrella from Disney, be prepared for people to set up tents literally right in front of you. We find the resort pretty compact. It would definitely be nicer there with the pool, especially since it is in the center and a focal point of the resort. Also, if they are still doing social distancing, everything is half open which also makes it feel more crowded. No spa, no games, video games, or TVs in lobby, no s’mores outside, everything else half open. So the things that are open do feel more crowded. So like we went for a couple of days in late August and it was impossible to get a table in the bar (no bar stools) because everything is at half capacity. People would walk in and turn around and disappointedly walk right back out. The resort is remote, so it isn’t like wdw where you can just walk to another place, like you can walk from BWV to BCV, or monorail from poly to gf etc. Or have all of DS at your doorstep like at SSR. It is just Vero. And there isn’t a lot there. It isn’t like HH where you can easily walk out of the resort to another venue. You have to drive. Not complaining but just be prepared for that. You should utube videos to get a feel to decide. You could always split the vacation and just do a day or two there also.

Thanks! I'm thinking I might do the split. Maybe two days at Vero, then 4 days at Poly.

I'm just a nervous social distancer, so I'm starting to feel nervous about my upcoming trip to the parks, especially as I'm hearing it's getting more crowded. I suppose I could just do a resort vacation though, if the parks are too crowded for me.

What are the walking jogging options near resort.?
There is a walking-running path all along highway A1A heading in both directions from the resort, as well as a separate bike lane along the roadway itself (so no bike traffic on the walking path except for a possible family group with youngsters in the mix; the serious riders are on the roadway instead). I’ve walked it about 3 miles in either direction, but it would be possible to go further than that. Very flat, no shade, lots of upscale condo developments. You could also head south along A1A, then west along Old Winter Beach Road to the Jungle Trail, back north on the Jungle Trail to highway 510, and back east to the resort on highway 510. Check out Google Maps for Disney’s Vero Beach Resort area to get a better idea.

Last edited:
Is it possible to go for a long walk on the beach.?
Ar there any beach front tiki bar places to get a drink and I bite?

Is it possible to go for a long walk on the beach.?
Ar there any beach front tiki bar places to get a drink and I bite?
You can do a long walk on the beach, heading to the north. I’ve walked as far as the Golden Sands Park (a little over 1.6 miles one way) without difficulty. I once rode a rental bike along A1A all the way to Sebastian Inlet State Park (about 7 miles one way) and I believe the beach was walkable all the way there, but have not tried that. There is a large nature preserve, Pelican Island National Wildlife Refuge between Golden Sands Park and Sebastian Inlet State Park. Before you get to the various park and preserve areas, there are mainly pretty large condo developments along the beachfrontage, but the beach itself is all public. A 3 to 4 mile walk is my rough limit, even over the flatlands of Florida, and walking on the beach can be more tiring due to the sand. Heading south, there is a rocky outcropping that may block the way after a pretty short distance, depending on the timing of the tides and beach erosion, so I only headed in that direction one time. Check the satellite view on Google Maps to get an idea of the beachfront heading in either direction.

I cannot answer the second question. Not something I was looking for, since the poolside bar at the resort works for me.

Last edited:
Are you asking about location, layout or something else? Location wise, the inn rooms are in the main building and the villas are in the outlying buildings. As for the rest, I don't know, I have only been in the inn rooms.

has the pool closed yet? Looking at a last minute reservation this weekend, but now I am worried.

has the pool closed yet? Looking at a last minute reservation this weekend, but now I am worried.
It closes on Sunday evening.
They say it’ll be closed for 2 months and the minigolf area will be the most dramatic change. The pool deck will be resurfaced.

Last edited:
What is difference between villa and inn rooms?
Inn rooms have two queen beds and are located in the main building. There are a couple of inn rooms with a single king bed and sleep sofa instead. These can be difficult to get unless you get lucky when checking in (we were so twice in about 15 inn stays). Villa studios have one queen bed and a sleep sofa and are located in the various villas, building 12 to the north of the main building and buildings 14 and 15 to the south of the main building and pool (14 closest to pool, 15 closest to south edge of property).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter