Vero Beach in Late June

Red Sox

Earning My Ears
We are considering going to Vero Beach in late June/early July and had a couple of questions. Is it worth going that time of year? Why are the points cheaper? Is there enough to do for an entire week? I think my kids (dd 8 and ds 11) want a year off from the parks. Any advice would be appreciated.

We are considering going to Vero Beach in late June/early July and had a couple of questions. Is it worth going that time of year? Why are the points cheaper? Is there enough to do for an entire week? I think my kids (dd 8 and ds 11) want a year off from the parks. Any advice would be appreciated.

Mainly it is about air and water temps. VB is ahead of the curve compared to most all the east coast shore. When you get into late June to July most all the southern and mid Atlantic is prime beach weather so the demand is less.

Enough to do is very subjective. I love the ocean and riding the waves. I will let others chime in on whether there is enough to do. Having a car really helps.

If you haven't seen it check out the VB thread....

Last year we took 16 - 9 children to VB for a week. We never left the resort and my nieces and nephew voted it the "best family vacation" ever! There are many activities to keep the children busy and the rest of us enjoyed the peace and quiet. We travel on a budget and so cook in our room so never ventured out for eating, just to the grocery. It was our second family trip to VB - we made some friends, and recharged.

Ages: 7 adults, Children 1 - 13, 1 - 12, 2 - 10, 2 - 8, 1 - 5, 1 - 3, 1 - < 12 months.

We visit Vero every summer, sometimes in late June, others in late July, and it is probably the Disney vacation we look forward to most every year. The resort is great, the beach is not crowded, and it is just all around a relaxing atmosphere, in contrast to the go,go,go of WDW. You won't be sorry you went to Vero:thumbsup2

I have to offer a different opinion than the rest. End of June for our family was just too hot & humid. The pool water was too warm. The resort is beautiful and we loved the location right on the beach. Our room was great as was the restaurant. The sourounding area, not too exciting.(we looked for other things to do in the A/C) At the time our kids were not the right ages for most of the activities, so that limited things for them to do. We were there for 4 days and by the 3rd day we were ready to leave!;)

Thanks for the great information. Does anyone know if there are issues with bugs in late June?

I went in late June last year and we had a blast. It is hot and humid but the beach and ocean were great and the pool area was nice in the shade. There was a lot of activities for the kids to do. There are some nice restaurants around but there isn't a lot to do at Vero Beach. We did drive up to Cape Canaveral one day and did the NASA stuff. Bugs did come out at night. The only time I noticed mosquitos was when we were at the campfire. It was a relaxing vacation for everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter