Velocicoaster - how intense?

Link3429

Earning My Ears
So I know it is intense lol but I am trying to gauge how intense. I have always been a roller coaster wimp. When I was young I even refused to go on Spiderman because i was told it was an indoor coaster and never wanted to even try it lol. I later found out it was harmless but thats how big my fear was.

My boyfriend loves roller coasters and Ive always hated missing out and hate that he skips rides out sometimea or goes on them alone. SoI started going on roller coasters and now I actually like them. In the past three weeks Ive gone on thunder mountain, space mountain, mine train, rock n roller coaster, test track, the mummy, hagrids and did the Hulk yesterday as well.

I did like the Hulk but wow it was intense. The launch wasnt anything worse than RNR but that drop/turn afterwards combined was def intense lol. I hate hate drops with that feeling in my stomach so i avoid tower of terror, Jurassic Park, Dr doom type rides that are just drops. I found out i have no problem with speed or loops or upside down.So compred to lets say Hulk how much more intense is Velocicoaster? I feel like that will be my next step in coasters and Im trying to prepare myself lol

Velcoicoaster is the most intense coaster I've ever ridden. I've never been to Magic Mountain / Cedar Point. Only Sea World, Universal, a few regional park type coasters. It is smooth (no head banging), and doesn't have that long stomach drop that my DH personally hates (there are several small ones), but the 2nd half twists and dives are definitely intense and give you the feeling of being out of control. I think it's a great coaster, but it won't be for everyone. If you are able to do Hulk without cursing the world or turning into a puddle, I would give it a one-time try and see how you do.

Thank you! I am the same way I hate drops - thats the only thing i jsut cant do is prlonged drops. The Hulk does have that first drop after it launches but it happens to so fast and it also kinda goes into a drop turn so its not a total drop that I can handle that. Sounds like its more intense in a different way. As long as it doesnt have prolonged drops I can do it
Velcoicoaster is the most intense coaster I've ever ridden. I've never been to Magic Mountain / Cedar Point. Only Sea World, Universal, a few regional park type coasters. It is smooth (no head banging), and doesn't have that long stomach drop that my DH personally hates (there are several small ones), but the 2nd half twists and dives are definitely intense and give you the feeling of being out of control. I think it's a great coaster, but it won't be for everyone. If you are able to do Hulk without cursing the world or turning into a puddle, I would give it a one-time try and see how you do.

I was so nervous to ride the Velocicoaster the first time. The tophat made me nervous since I didn’t know if I would lose my stomach on the drop. I didn’t at all! It was completely enjoyable. If you can ride the Hulk, you can definitely do the Velocicoaster. Yes, it’s fast. It’s so smooth that it’s fun!

I was so nervous to ride the Velocicoaster the first time. The tophat made me nervous since I didn’t know if I would lose my stomach on the drop. I didn’t at all! It was completely enjoyable. If you can ride the Hulk, you can definitely do the Velocicoaster. Yes, it’s fast. It’s so smooth that it’s fun!
I can do Hulk but Velocicoaster was one & done for me - sadly WAY too intense for me, especially that tophat drop.

Yeah, my 8-year-old keeps talking about how excited she is to ride the ride, but I'm really trying to encourage her to not do it. She seems to think all the videos of it are fun but doing it in real life is a totally different thing.

I actually developed quite a fear of roller coasters because my parents kept me away from them out of fear of injury & forces. I’m the parent of a 9 year old who is enthusiastic about all rides with no fear. He’s helped me change my thinking.

When I went on Velocicoaster, it was an adults trip. However, there were children riding who enjoyed the ride, many the size of my son.

My son has really taught me a lesson on how my fears can influence him.

I actually developed quite a fear of roller coasters because my parents kept me away from them out of fear of injury & forces. I’m the parent of a 9 year old who is enthusiastic about all rides with no fear. He’s helped me change my thinking.

When I went on Velocicoaster, it was an adults trip. However, there were children riding who enjoyed the ride, many the size of my son.

My son has really taught me a lesson on how my fears can influence him.
Thank you for sharing so much. My 8 year old is dying to ride this ride, but she can be a bit overzealous with her eyes compared to what she can actually handle. It helps to know other kids close to her age and size were enjoying it after all the posts I read above. :D

I understand completely! You know your child best! I think the Hulk is a good preparation for this ride if she’s tall enough.

I understand completely! You know your child best! I think the Hulk is a good preparation for this ride if she’s tall enough.
Ironically she isn't tall enough for the Hulk, but is for the Velocicoaster LOL. We are going to the parks on the evening of our Arrival to just walk around and enjoy HP land without wands. That way we don't have to worry about them on rides the other days. I figured I would show her the ride in person that night and let her decide.

If she wants to ride, let her give it a whirl. If she loves it - great! If not, she doesn't have to ride it again. It isn't traumatizing, even if she isn't a fan.

If she wants to ride, let her give it a whirl. If she loves it - great! If not, she doesn't have to ride it again. It isn't traumatizing, even if she isn't a fan.
Oh, I agree whoheartely! But for an 8 year old, she is strangely compliant. She rode a water ride at a small water park near us with no real problems going into it. Then came off of the ride in tears because she was so scared. I felt so small then with a bunch of parents glaring at me for "making" my small child go on the big scary ride LOL.

I really can't imagine it being more intense than Hulk. That ride has so many inversions that it leaves me completely disoriented. I also can't handle Rock N Rollercoaster anymore. It's just too rough and not at all enjoyable. I'm looking forward to Velicicoaster next month. From the video, it looks so smooth and the motion seems so fluid that I can't imagine it not being enjoyable. That said, I've been on some SUPER intense coasters at Six Flags Magic Mountain (X and Goliath), specifically) and I lived, so I think Velicicoaster will be 👌.

I really can't imagine it being more intense than Hulk. That ride has so many inversions that it leaves me completely disoriented. I also can't handle Rock N Rollercoaster anymore. It's just too rough and not at all enjoyable. I'm looking forward to Velicicoaster next month. From the video, it looks so smooth and the motion seems so fluid that I can't imagine it not being enjoyable. That said, I've been on some SUPER intense coasters at Six Flags Magic Mountain (X and Goliath), specifically) and I lived, so I think Velicicoaster will be 👌.
I am a full roller coaster junkie, but I couldn't handle Rock N Rollercoaster more than 1 time. Thing almost made me hurl LOL.

We went to UOR for the first time last month. We had 7 park days and rode Velocicoaster 4 times. Hulk was one and done for us. We are 40-somethings if that matters. LOL. Anyway, we were both light-headed after Hulk and felt rather stunned. We had no ill effects from Velocicoaster. We found it to be super smooth and just SO FUN.

NOW, if you want to UP the intensity of Velocicoaster, ask for the back row. HOLY COW. Conversely, if you want it to be the least intense possible, make sure you're in the front half of the train. We asked for the back on our last ride as we had been close to the front on the other rides. There's definitely a difference! While the front kind of hangs down over the top hat hill until the whole train gets over, the back seat feels "yanked" over and down super fast. Wow. And the final barrel roll inversion is..again..wow.

Can't wait to go back in October and take our kids on it. They will love it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter