Vegas with Teens - Would you splurge?

Sounds wonderful. We did the bellagio in 2017 and it’s a beautiful hotel. Didn’t get to try the pool since we were sightseeing but it looked gorgeous. I’m excited to try the spa and pool facilities at the Palazzo-Canyon Ranch Spa is supposedly top notch and the reason why the resort fee is $45 a night.

I just looked up Canyon Ranch and it says 14-17 can come in with a parent. Dang. I almost booked here too. Maybe I will have to look at a day pass, but during March Madness I hear it is going to be very crowded everywhere.

I just looked up Canyon Ranch and it says 14-17 can come in with a parent. Dang. I almost booked here too. Maybe I will have to look at a day pass, but during March Madness I hear it is going to be very crowded everywhere.
That’s good to know that teens can come. My oldest DD is only 12 so not this time..lol. Let me know how you like it.

Stay away from Circus Circus no matter how cheap.. Elara by Hilton is also fine d centrally located.

I heard they are going to tear down Circus Circus. Out with the old, in with the new! But yes, on Trip Advisor I had read bad things about it.

In airport at Mccarran waiting to fly home. We stayed at Bally’s this time and pleasantly surprised by room- big room, comfy bed, fab views. Central to everything. Weather low to mid 60’s and sunny for us. Most pools closed this time of year

For those staying at many of strip hotels- remember there’s a monorail that connects the hotels so saves on walking. Can often find discount codes on line or play the Vegas game on Facebook to rack up points to redeem for free vouchers. We used uber multiple times to/from Fremont. Went to Mob Museum and loved it!! We did the distillery/speakeasy tour there with moonshine samples (wooeee straight moonshine clearance the sinuses) but the museum itself is Interesting too.

If you haven’t already sign up for player cards for loyalty points.
Also Mon Ami Gabi restaurant has a loyalty program- went there for brunch - fabulous. High roller was fabulous as usual. Here with friends for a 50th bday so we did the open bar car. Got a groupon for the flamingo Buffett on crab leg night -$25/person and included beer and wine. We didn’t do a super fancy dinner this time though like we usually do.
If you want fun for the over 21 crowd go to Stage door- dive bar right next to Flamingo, sit at bar and let Mama-San take care of you. Good cheap drinks.

Coming home about $300 up- after food costs subtracted. Not bad for four days!

In airport at Mccarran waiting to fly home. We stayed at Bally’s this time and pleasantly surprised by room- big room, comfy bed, fab views. Central to everything. Weather low to mid 60’s and sunny for us. Most pools closed this time of year

For those staying at many of strip hotels- remember there’s a monorail that connects the hotels so saves on walking. Can often find discount codes on line or play the Vegas game on Facebook to rack up points to redeem for free vouchers. We used uber multiple times to/from Fremont. Went to Mob Museum and loved it!! We did the distillery/speakeasy tour there with moonshine samples (wooeee straight moonshine clearance the sinuses) but the museum itself is Interesting too.

Also Mon Ami Gabi restaurant has a loyalty program- went there for brunch - fabulous. High roller was fabulous as usual. Here with friends for a 50th bday so we did the open bar car. Got a groupon for the flamingo Buffett on crab leg night -$25/person and included beer and wine. We didn’t do a super fancy dinner this time though like we usually do.
If you want fun for the over 21 crowd go to Stage door- dive bar right next to Flamingo, sit at bar and let Mama-San take care of you. Good cheap drinks.

I will tell my DS about Stage Door. He might like it. But, please do not call someone Mama-San, unless she tells you to. That is an extremely insulting way to refer to a woman. Usually, they are the ones in charge of the prostitutes in East Asia. Unless, you are referring to a female pimp situation, then I will have to tell my son to stay away. His girlfriend wouldn't like that.

I will tell my DS about Stage Door. He might like it. But, please do not call someone Mama-San, unless she tells you to. That is an extremely insulting way to refer to a woman. Usually, they are the ones in charge of the prostitutes in East Asia.
That’s her preferred way to be called. Believe me we wouldn’t unles she specially said so! Even the locals told us to call her that, it’s part of her persona :flower1: I do appreciate that you were looking out for this though. All the bathrooms everywhere have warning signs of human trafficking- pretty sad.

I was just looking at the Venetian and Palazzo again. Venetian pools are closed until late Spring 2019. So good thing we did not book the Venetian.

https://www.vegas.com/pools/venetian-hotel-pool/

https://vegaschanges.com/2018/09/17/venetian-pool-closed-until-spring-summer-2019/
Thanks for these websites

Fun! Thanks for the tip about brunch at Mon Ami Gabi.

Walk next door to the Cosmopolitan and try Eggslut for me!

I heard they are going to tear down Circus Circus. Out with the old, in with the new! But yes, on Trip Advisor I had read bad things about it.
Where did you hear that? Just curious. We made it down there last April as DH is a coaster enthusiast and wanted to ride. Poor Circus Circus.... dirty, run down, bullet holes in the glass of the adventuredome, adventuredome was really dirty. The theme is a neat concept I think, and we did enjoy the trapeze artists. Too bad.

Went to Mob Museum and loved it!! We did the distillery/speakeasy tour there with moonshine samples (wooeee straight moonshine clearance the sinuses) but the museum itself is Interesting too.
That's on my list for next time we make it out there.

Heard the same too. They said should be gone in like 5 years...?...Though that was from when we were there last year. But that steak dinner is good.

Heard the same too. They said should be gone in like 5 years...?...Though that was from when we were there last year. But that steak dinner is good.

I had the steak dinner at Circus Circus some years back. Soooooo good!!! Circus Circus itself was dreadful though.

I had the steak dinner at Circus Circus some years back. Soooooo good!!! Circus Circus itself was dreadful though.

Agree. Though the Circus acts were okay to be seen once at least. And actually that coaster inside Adventuredome was interesting to see as well. But wouldn't stay there.

Vegas is one of my favorite places, and I usually go to Vegas 3-4 times a year. But, I have told my kids they can’t go with me until they are 21. it’s just not a kid friendly city. There is the obvious with the gambling and excessive alcohol. There are trucks with billboards for call girls and strip clubs. There is an abundance of homeless people with inappropriate signs. And my wife doesn’t even like to go downtown to Fremont Street because of the racy street acts.

There definitely is some stuff that kids would enjoy, but for us, it’s not an environment we choose to put our kids in. There is no doubt they will be exposed to all those things at some point, but prefer for them to be a little older and more mature.

We are going for 5 days to Vegas as part of our "trip out West" in August. Yes, I know it's going to be sweltering. We are staying at the Pallazzo. We are a family of 5, husband, myself, 16, 16 and 10 year old children. We are going to take day trips to hoover dam and Red Rock Canyon. What are some other fun things for the kids to do? I am really interested in going to the Mob Museum but doubt the kids will like it, so maybe we will let them hang in the room for a few hours while my husband and I go. Of course we will do the big ferris wheel. How are the gondolas in the Venetian? Worth doing? It seems like some of the activities are super expensive. I don't feel like paying Over $100 for a quick activity. Any suggestions for things to do?

We are going for 5 days to Vegas as part of our "trip out West" in August. Yes, I know it's going to be sweltering. We are staying at the Pallazzo. We are a family of 5, husband, myself, 16, 16 and 10 year old children. We are going to take day trips to hoover dam and Red Rock Canyon. What are some other fun things for the kids to do? I am really interested in going to the Mob Museum but doubt the kids will like it, so maybe we will let them hang in the room for a few hours while my husband and I go. Of course we will do the big ferris wheel. How are the gondolas in the Venetian? Worth doing? It seems like some of the activities are super expensive. I don't feel like paying Over $100 for a quick activity. Any suggestions for things to do?

I have not been, but if it's your 1st time, getting a Go City card or a Sightseeing card seems ideal for you to have a bunch of family-friendly attractions to check out...

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter