Vegas Car rental deals ?

Syndrome

Who's super now?
We will be flying into Vegas for our DL trip in July/August . Also going to do Yosemite, Sequoia, Kings Canyon etc ............thats why we figure we will fly into and out of Vegas ................that and the airfare into Vegas is way cheaper than other airports in Cali (about half the price!) .
So I am looking if anyone has any tips on getting a good rental car rate for 2 weeks ? Vegas car rental rates seem pretty high ????
Will need the car to tour California, is that a problem while renting from Vegas and taking the car out of state ?

Thanks !

Check all the rates for the airport. When you find a good rate ask them about being charged mileage for the trip. Sometimes you get a bit of a better rate if you pay up front.

We are renting from Vegas and dropping off at LAX, I've been diligently checking rates daily and finally got a decent price of 194 all taxes included ! Unlimited miles of course, I booked through Costco travel

If you don't have a costco membership, try carrentalsavers to check all the companies at once, they are really good !

Good luck ! :)

Thanks for the tips.
Vegas car rental prices are insane ! We need a car for 2 weeks and the lowest price I have locked in right now is $696. !!! :scared1: Thats for a Midsize SUV (but a full size car is the same price). We need an SUV because some of us get carsick in cars.
It seems that the car rental prices are not bad themselves .......its all the fees that get tacked on . Airport fee, car rental concession fee, etc. The "car" part of our $696. rental is only about $400. !!!! Wow, those fees ! :mad:

We got a pretty good rate through EZ Car Rentals..............but then checked the fine print, and their policy is that the car can not leave the state. That wont work for us because we are driving out to Cali, also going to Utah to Zion and Bryce for a few days.
Hertz was the best we could find so far.
The "city specials" through Thrifty and Dollar were pretty good prices too, but they dont include an extra driver (at $10. per day .......... that adds up fast !) .
Still looking to see if I can get a better rate ! Have a few months to check .

We're flying in to Las Vegas on June 28 and driving a lot. To Denver. By July 5 so I'm stalking car rentals too. Planning this trip is kicking my butt. It's MUCH easier to plan a WDW trip! Lol. I have 4 of the 7 nights booked and got free airfare with SW! But I still want to save as much as possible on car rental because we'll be spending plenty on gas!

Check all the rates for the airport. When you find a good rate ask them about being charged mileage for the trip. Sometimes you get a bit of a better rate if you pay up front.

That might work if they're staying specifically in the Las Vegas area. However, they say they're heading for California, and Vegas to Yosemite and SEKI is going to severely rack up miles. Usually there's included mileage - like 100 miles per day rented. I've found that weekend specials (especially from Enterprise) come with 100 included miles per day. Truck rentals often include charging for EVERY mile.

You might also want to inquire about where you can take a car. The one time I rented from Enterprise at Miami Airport, the rental agreement clearly stated that the car was not to be taken out of Florida. I don't think neighboring states are an issue with most Nevada rentals though. I've actually rented some cars that were probably once rented one-way across state lines, like Nevada plates on a car rented in San Diego or Colorado (across two states) plates on a car I rented in Vegas.

We will be flying into Vegas for our DL trip in July/August . Also going to do Yosemite, Sequoia, Kings Canyon etc ............thats why we figure we will fly into and out of Vegas ................that and the airfare into Vegas is way cheaper than other airports in Cali (about half the price!) .
So I am looking if anyone has any tips on getting a good rental car rate for 2 weeks ? Vegas car rental rates seem pretty high ????
Will need the car to tour California, is that a problem while renting from Vegas and taking the car out of state ?

Thanks !

Again - I doubt the rental agreement will say that you can't take it to a neighboring state. There are a lot of people taking their rentals to California, Arizona (especially the Grand Canyon or Hoover Dam), or Utah. You might want to call once you have a reservation.

And Yosemite and SEKI take a long way to get to. The fastest way from Vegas would be through Death Valley. If you go that way, make sure you've got water just in case as well as a full tank before you enter. Other than that, the other way would be to go down.

As for rental tips, you're probably better off continually checking. As long as you don't prepay, most car rental reservations aren't secured with a credit card. I've even had multiple reservations open at the same time with the same rental company. Even if you don't show up, there's typically no consequence. The last time I went to Las Vegas, I started checking rates and reserved the first reasonable rate I could find. I kept on checking and checking, and made a new reservation when I found a better rate. In the end I got $84/week for a "midsize" starting Thanksgiving day - from Avis but booked on Priceline. What they had for us was a late model Hyundai Sonata, which was actually quite nice. We only rented for 5 days and the taxes and airport fees are based on exactly how many days you rent, even if it's a weekly rate. I think altogether it was $125.

One of my things is to check on Priceline and/or the other online travel agencies. Then once I find a good rate I'll check directly with the rental car company website. I've even found a better rate since they have some specials only on their own websites. I tried a July 28 to August 10 rental, and I couldn't find any decent rates except for the companies with questionable reputations for bad service and finding "damage" that could have been preexisting. Prices change a lot, so it helps to keep on checking as the rates rise and fall with the market.

Again - I doubt the rental agreement will say that you can't take it to a neighboring state. There are a lot of people taking their rentals to California, Arizona (especially the Grand Canyon or Hoover Dam), or Utah. You might want to call once you have a reservation.

And Yosemite and SEKI take a long way to get to. The fastest way from Vegas would be through Death Valley. If you go that way, make sure you've got water just in case as well as a full tank before you enter. Other than that, the other way would be to go down.

As for rental tips, you're probably better off continually checking. As long as you don't prepay, most car rental reservations aren't secured with a credit card. I've even had multiple reservations open at the same time with the same rental company. Even if you don't show up, there's typically no consequence. The last time I went to Las Vegas, I started checking rates and reserved the first reasonable rate I could find. I kept on checking and checking, and made a new reservation when I found a better rate. In the end I got $84/week for a "midsize" starting Thanksgiving day - from Avis but booked on Priceline. What they had for us was a late model Hyundai Sonata, which was actually quite nice. We only rented for 5 days and the taxes and airport fees are based on exactly how many days you rent, even if it's a weekly rate. I think altogether it was $125.

One of my things is to check on Priceline and/or the other online travel agencies. Then once I find a good rate I'll check directly with the rental car company website. I've even found a better rate since they have some specials only on their own websites. I tried a July 28 to August 10 rental, and I couldn't find any decent rates except for the companies with questionable reputations for bad service and finding "damage" that could have been preexisting. Prices change a lot, so it helps to keep on checking as the rates rise and fall with the market.

Our return trip to Vegas may be through the Death Valley stretch. Its either that, or down and around. No matter how you look at it, its a long trip. At least its the final (and longest) drive of our whole trip. Then overnight at Vegas, and fly out the next afternoon.
Still looking for better rates for car rentals ..........I will just keep reserving any better rates I can find. Since there is no CC charge. I just keep re-booking then canceling the old reservation. I have a few months left to search.

Thanks,
Thanks,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter