Veal recipe I thought I'd share

figmentvi

DIS Veteran<br><font color=red>Lightning Rod Extra
Hi Everybody,

I thought I'd pass along a veal recipe I kind of invented last night. I had veal scallopini in the freezer and was trying to think of something different to do with them.

I came up with this and it was very easy to put together. This recipe makes a very nice, elegant dinner:

Serves 4 (2 pieces per person)

8 - veal scallopini - pounded slightly to thin them out a little.
2 cups - Stovetop Stuffing for pork (prepared per instructions on box)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 pound of mushrooms (preferably crimini, but white button would work) - sliced
1 large onion - diced
2 cloves garlic - minced
1 cup sour cream
1 1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup dry white wine
Olive oil & butter for frying
Salt and Pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

After thinning the scallopini, spead a thin layer of stuffing and roll the scallopini up jellyroll style. Secure with tooth picks. Season with salt and pepper. Heat a large skillet on high heat and melt a little olive oil and butter. Fry the rolls (only 3 at a time) for just a few minutes to brown slightly. Remove from pan and place in 9x11 baking pan.

Reduce heat under same skillet to medium, add a little more olive oil, add onions. Saute until soft. Add mushrooms to the onions and saute until soft. Season with salt and pepper. Add garlic to the mixture and saute for about 2 minutes.

Add cream of mushroom soup, milk and sour cream to the onion & mushroom mixture, allow to cook for about 5 minutes. Add the wine. Cook about 5 minutes more.

Pour sauce over rolls in the baking pan and bake for about 20 min.

Serve with a rissotto and you've got a KILLER dinner.

DH went on and on about how great it was.

Hope you like it !!

Linda

Sounds Yummy but, it's way to hot here to turn on the oven but, I'll keep it for when the weather cools down.

laura

that sounds delicious!! i will defiently try that next week! thanks!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter