Various reviews

Minnie23

Earning My Ears
We just spent 12 days in the World and I wanted to comment on a few of the places we ate at.

Chef Mickeys - Food is okay and little kids like the attention and swinging the napkins. My kids (9 & 11) thought it was lame.

Cape May - Enough choices there that everyone is sure to find something they like. Even my very picky daughter found something. (peel and eat shrimp) We ate here twice.

Ohana's - DH loved it, so did DS. DD ate the rice. I thought it was okay. I am not a big meat eater. The shrimp was very good. Both kids thought the show part was for the younger crowd although my son did do the coconut races the second time around because he wanted the gummi worms as the prize. He didn't like the pineapple with carmel sauce.

Fort Wilderness Campgrounds - Very reasonable and they have sweet tea! Not bad for the price.

Contemporary food court - The food isn't bad but since we stayed for 12 days it would have been nice to have a few more choices on the menu.

These are all that are standing out in my memory right now. I am in need of some serious sleep. We arrived home at 2 am this morning!:rolleyes:

Goodness Minnie23! You must need some sleep after arriving home so late! Thank you so much for sharing what you remembered. :)

Now, get some rest!

Wow you're good at getting your trip reports out fast. I've been home since August 21st and have not written one yet.

We have planned a sort of mini-family reunion at Disney for the first week of Dec. We have decided that this trip is entirely for the kids (three boys 11, 9, and almost 3 and one girl 6). We need suggestions for restaurants that would appeal to the kids. Character meals are fine, but we prefer no buffets (unless some are "not to be missed". Please keep in mind that the six year old girl is the only one in our party that has never been to WDW--also we are staying at BWI if that can help with the suggestions. I'm thanking everyone in advance.
Thanks again, Gina

How about the Rain Forest Cafe? We ate lunch there once and the kids enjoyed it and the atmosphere is nice. We actually choose the buffets for the variety since all the kids menus are the same at all the sit down and counter restaurants. Even my kiddos got tired of chicken fingers and burgers and pizza, but yet they are not brave enough to try a meal that they can't see. Nor am I willing to pay for a plate meal for them just to have them rearrange the food because it doesn't look right. ;)

Do you plan to go to Disney Quest? I am asking since you say this is a kid friendly trip. We went there 3 times and the food is actually quite good. The cheese cake is out of this world! Aside from the food, your kids will love this place! :p

I have to agree with Minnie on the Cheesecake Factory. Their food is delicious. I had a delicious salad, Portobello Mushroom burger and fries the last time I was there. It was one of the best meals I've ever had at WDW. Cheesecake is good, but very, very rich.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter