Vancouver/YVR to Wonder w/2 princesses that need car seats

coloradocutie

DIS Veteran
So we are SO excited for Alaska this year, and we are trying to plan the transfer from YVR to the Fairmont Waterfront pre-sail (and from the Wonder back to YVR)... with 2 wonderful princesses who still require car seats. When traveling to Disneyworld, it is nice to use the Magical Express motor coach since they do not require car seats, but I do not think we have that option in Vancouver. Is there anyone who has done it with 2 car seats? Any recommendations? We could hire a taxi and install car seats, rent a car and install carseats, or use Disney transfers, but I am not sure of what those would be like. The option of the light rail train is probably too much for us and 2 little ones. Any experience would be SO appreciated!!!

So we are SO excited for Alaska this year, and we are trying to plan the transfer from YVR to the Fairmont Waterfront pre-sail (and from the Wonder back to YVR)... with 2 wonderful princesses who still require car seats. When traveling to Disneyworld, it is nice to use the Magical Express motor coach since they do not require car seats, but I do not think we have that option in Vancouver. Is there anyone who has done it with 2 car seats? Any recommendations? We could hire a taxi and install car seats, rent a car and install carseats, or use Disney transfers, but I am not sure of what those would be like. The option of the light rail train is probably too much for us and 2 little ones. Any experience would be SO appreciated!!!

You can take the skytrain. If you google YVR and directions to Canada Place and then click public trans, it will show you how to do it. It is a direct line, no switching. It is right at the airport and then a 4 minute walk from stop to Canada Place. I have read on here that it is very normal to see luggage on the Skytrain. I have also read that if you schedule a taxi, there are some that can provide a car seat. We are in the same boat, trying to decide on car seats or not. We are flying into Seattle. I am pretty sure we are not going to take them. I asked on here about public trans in Seattle and Vancouver. They are suppose to be great in both locations.

I am not myself a parent, and I'm not sure how old your two little girls are, but I will have to concur that based on research I just did today the SkyTrain (Canada Line, at least for us) seems to be the most convenient and cost-effective option for getting downtown to a hotel from the airport. It's right there, takes only 25 min. of travel, and trains leave every few minutes. It seems that they will be very used to handling travelers with luggage looking to get downtown for a vacation.

Otherwise...I would look into a limo/town car service, which might be ale to arrange for car seats for you.

I've been in contact with some taxis and car services, it's not mandatory for car seats in taxis or private cars, we are using the car service at the airport, it's the only part of the trip we will not have a car seat, don't want to take it just for that trip and store on the cruise

For my Seattle Alaskan (DCL) I went to Walmart and bought a smaller car seat booster and brought that with us (slim and easy to stick in the stroller bag). The ride ended up being 15 minutes long and it was unnecessary (but we used it anyway).

If you're uncomfortable w/taking a cab and not putting them in real car seats, I second the skytrain idea.

We don't get into YVR until 9pm. Will the skytrain still be running then? Will it be safe to take the 5 min walk to Pan Pacific?

Personally, I wouldn't recommend taking the sky train. You will have two little ones whoh will probably be tired at that time of night so either carrying them or strollers. I know that even with the kids at 10 & 12 when we walked from the station to the Sheraton Wall uphill it was too far with all our luggage and we lost two wheels on suitcases on the sidewalk. I WISH we had taken a taxi instead. We did for the trip from the Pan to our airport hotel when we got off the ship and it cost about the same. Any extra cost would be worth it IMO to not have to keep up with your luggage on the train, in addition to two tired kids. Whenever we do return to Vancouver for another Alaska cruise we will NOT be using the train.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter