**** Vancouver FAQ Thread **** A few updates in main post!

Pay attention to where and how you will get to some attractions...
  • Hell's Gate needs a car and 2.5 hours ONE WAY on a winding canyon road.
  • Museam of Anthropology is a very long walk from the bus loop or a low frequency community bus
  • Burnaby Village is a significant disance from downtown by transit

Agree, the Hells Gate tram isn't even in the Vancouver area so why would they even include that in that package? It's basically the same as the Grouse Mtn tram except you go up (then down) for Grouse and you go down (then up) for Hells gate lol

Which tram would you take and why? We're planning on driving to Whistler after going to the Lynn suspension bridge, but also considering Grouse Mountain. We have two kids (3 and 8) and they would probably only want to go on one tram. Would you take the tram up Whistler or Grouse Mountain and why?

Thanks!

To clarify..... Whistler is a series of trams when you purchase a Gondola ticket.
  • Whistler Gondola
  • Peak 2 Peak (ask for the silver cabins for that special service)
  • Peak Chairlift

Both Grouse and Whistler experiences are similar priced. But Whistler takes 2.5 hours one way to get there... Oh Queen Elsa leaves a little white stuff there in the summer if the kids haven't seen snow.

BTW... just opened last year.... the Sea to Sky Gondola that is located between Whistler and Grouse for those tram lovers! If do go there, go check out the Sky Pilot suspension bridge.

Also, are you kids afraid of heights?

Finally check out Shannon and BrandyWine Falls on the trip to Whistler. It's worthy of a rest stop. Britannia Mines also offers a little train ride for kids.

To clarify..... Whistler is a series of trams when you purchase a Gondola ticket.
  • Whistler Gondola
  • Peak 2 Peak (ask for the silver cabins for that special service)
  • Peak Chairlift

Both Grouse and Whistler experiences are similar priced. But Whistler takes 2.5 hours one way to get there... Oh Queen Elsa leaves a little white stuff there in the summer if the kids haven't seen snow.

BTW... just opened last year.... the Sea to Sky Gondola that is located between Whistler and Grouse for those tram lovers! If do go there, go check out the Sky Pilot suspension bridge.

Also, are you kids afraid of heights?

Finally check out Shannon and BrandyWine Falls on the trip to Whistler. It's worthy of a rest stop. Britannia Mines also offers a little train ride for kids.
Loved your videos xlxo. We will be there end of july 2016. Being from south america my kids have never seen/touched snow. They ar excited about the possibility of snow in Whistler. We are thinking of doing the glacier trek in Whistler, is it the only way of seeing snow that time of the year or the snow is everywhere on the peak in july?

If your objective is to see falling snow.... not likely to happen.

They do make a large patch of snow by the Blackcomb gondola station for kids (an adults) to play in. Not sure if the snow is man made or truck down from the alpine (Queen Elsa?).

If your objective is to see falling snow.... not likely to happen.

They do make a large patch of snow by the Blackcomb gondola station for kids (an adults) to play in. Not sure if the snow is man made or truck down from the alpine (Queen Elsa?).
Thanks for your response, they just wanted to touch snow. The glacier hike is a little expensive, glad to know they can touch the snow for free

The glacier hike is a little expensive, glad to know they can touch the snow for free
I would not say the snow is free when you include the cost of the Gondola and transportation to Whistler.

Are you going to the Mendenhall glacier and visitor centre? They often retrieve chunks of ice for you to touch. Please don't stuck your tongue on it.

When it Vancouver, see if you can get to La Casa in a cab. There's 218 flavours waiting.
http://www.marthastewart.com/909325/visiting-la-casa-gelato-and-tasting-flavors#909325

I may have seen the answer somewhere earlier but could someone clarify if the porters taking luggage on arrival are Disney employees or independent contractors who should be tipped?

Neither... I think those are unionized cruise terminal staff.
  • everyone welcomes tips.... especially when the local currency has collapsed
  • they are not wearing any Disney character costumes
  • they are not wearing any DCL logo's
  • I find my luggage gets more damage on cruises than going through an airport. Your call for tipping for spending 2 seconds taking your luggage from the cab to a cart.
  • Pan Pacific , Fairmont Waterfront and Fairmont Pacific Rim offer cruise luggage transfer. You might want to tip well. I've read online the luggage is bulk transferred, sometimes in the wrong pile going to the wrong ship.

I would not say the snow is free when you include the cost of the Gondola and transportation to Whistler.

Are you going to the Mendenhall glacier and visitor centre? They often retrieve chunks of ice for you to touch. Please don't stuck your tongue on it.

When it Vancouver, see if you can get to La Casa in a cab. There's 218 flavours waiting.
http://www.marthastewart.com/909325/visiting-la-casa-gelato-and-tasting-flavors#909325
We were planning a couple of days in Whistler and the Peak to Peak anyway so the snow part is a plus

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!