• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

value resort bus wait.

went to disney a couple years ago and stay at a moderate. wondered if bus ride for value resorts was considerably worse. we were looking to stay at a value resort.

theres so many variables....I think the biggest thing would be the time of year you go... of course the holidays will probably be more crowded. We've been there during off season and stayed at a value and it was not bad.. we were there during a busier time, and it was BAD... But same thing with the moderates.. the busses were longer waits or standing room only during busier times... if you want to avoid the long waits, then go during off season. (it just didn't seem as bad at the end of the night when the parks are closing.. the values were always the longest waits. ) Not to mention they are usually the farthest stop from the park entrance.

We stayed at the ASmu in January and never had more than a 5 or 10 minute wait for the buses. I read a lot of horror stories about the value buses before we left but for us it definitely was not an issue. You usually share buses with the other two AS resorts when heading to the parks but that wasn't always the case and coming back the resort sometimes we had to share and other times we didn't. For the parks and times that they knew would be busy - MK closing - they had individual buses running to the AS resorts.

Now if you are going during peak season it may be different.

Have stayed at moderates 3x and value 2x. I thought the busses at POP were the best of all. One stop off or on. We stayed in a "preferred location" and were very close to the busses which was my main reason for paying a little more for the room. I also understand that the value resorts have more busses expedited for pickup at park closing - I read that somewhere on here and you people seem to know what you're talking about!!

went to disney a couple years ago and stay at a moderate. wondered if bus ride for value resorts was considerably worse. we were looking to stay at a value resort.

when we went over new years it was terrible. when we went in mid august it was okay. sometimes it was 30 minute wait but most of the time no more than 15 minutes. We still stay at value resorts to save on the money the wait time for buses doesn't bother us since 15 minutes isn't too bad.

The buses tend to be best at values, there is extensive information on the transportation board about this topic.

We have stayed at all levels of Disney resorts. Of course the monorail is our first choice but that said, going to AK from the monorail resorts takes forever. The Moderate resorts primary weakness, for me, is their bus service. Most of the bus horror stories I have seen relate to the Moderate's. Otherwise I love the Mods. We have stayed at Pop 5 (6?) times (we often split our stay between Pop and another resort) and the bus service has always been excellent, with one notable exception. Because it is a huge resort park close can be crazy, I advise leaving before park close by even just a few minutes or sticking around for a long while enjoying the ambiance as the park empties (or just take a cab).

I stayed at POP 8/8 - 8/15 and never waited more than 10 minutes for a bus except for when we went to AKL for dinner. We wanted to go back to AK and buses came for every park but ours. First time taking them and loved them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter