Valet Outsourced / Valet Price Increase

Peter Pirate 2

<font color=red>I may be a Disney curmudgeon but I
As of January 7th, the cost of valet parking at WDW rose to $10.00 .. This by the way coincides with Mears taking over Valet responsibilites.:headache:
pirate:

Is there some relationship?

Is there some relationship?

I'm not sure it matters.

To me, they are two negative events. A price increase, and the outsourcing of customer facing employees who are a part of the Show, and frankly, the latter is much worse than the former in my mind.

But if there's no connection, it is a strange coincidence. You would think they would intentionally NOT raise prices at the same time the service was outsourced . It can't sit to well with many guest who use the service that Disney is making a move to decrease their costs while at the same time it is costing guests more.

Its one thing to not pass the savings of a cost decrease on to the customer, but its quite another to raise prices at the same time, especially when the cost decrease was so well publicized, and is a touch issue in general.

I heard the reason why the increase was that it would be comparable to the price to park at the theme parks, because there were many people valeting their cars, because the cost is cheaper.

I heard the reason why the increase was that it would be comparable to the price to park at the theme parks, because there were many people valeting their cars, because the cost is cheaper.

Interesting speculation, but even if there is some truth to it, it doesn't look good to do it at the same time they outsource the service. Also, the majority of people who use valet are using it legitimately, and they still get hit with the increase. Wouldn't make sense to nail them just because of those that are going through a lot of trouble to save roughly $5.

Regardless, the biggest problem with the whole thing continues to be the outsourcing of customer facing cast members.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter