Vaccination Proof

How exactly did you find what a large vaccination center is? I mean is that in the name of the center "large" because it is at Disney?

I'm asking because I won't be at disney until mid week on my travels - I will arrive on a Sunday and don't go to Disney till thursday, so I need to find out where I can go to get this darn pass before that otherwise I can't do anything in Paris at all, apparently. I'll be a leper shunned by everyone even though I am fully vaccinated...how awesome.

Also, do you need appointments to these, some say yes?

I found it using this search (filter for "centers") and then input the street name and "vaccination" into Google Maps and it was already labelled on there. Since you're not actually trying to get vaccinated, I wouldn't think an appointment is necessary but who knows.

https://www.sante.fr/cf/centres-vaccination-covid.html

Last edited:
I don't really know anything about how France is going to validate US proof of vaccination.

Though, about our vaccination centers, the one in the New Port Bay Club Hotel convention center is the largest of our department (Seine-et-Marne). Definitely a “large” one (in fact its official name is “Grand centre de vaccination Covid-19” which is literally “large Covid-19 vaccination center”, see: https://www.doctolib.fr/vaccination...centre-de-vaccination-covid-19-disney-village)

We tried the vaccination center at the hotel yesterday, and although the firemen who are running the event were very nice and tried to help us, they ultimately told us it was not possible after checking with the medical personnel. We were, however, able to enter Disneyland Paris with our CDC cards today with no issue.

We tried the vaccination center at the hotel yesterday, and although the firemen who are running the event were very nice and tried to help us, they ultimately told us it was not possible after checking with the medical personnel. We were, however, able to enter Disneyland Paris with our CDC cards today with no issue.

I'm glad you did make it through! Enjoy your stay and thanks for letting us know!

So glad you didn't have an issue with getting in with the CDC cards. This gives me hope for our visit next week. Thanks for reporting back!

So glad you didn't have an issue with getting in with the CDC cards. This gives me hope for our visit next week. Thanks for reporting back!
Please report back and let us know how it goes in Disney and Paris if possible. I have a trip planned in 3 weeks and non of this was an issue when I booked a couple months back. Thanks.

Please report back and let us know how it goes in Disney and Paris if possible. I have a trip planned in 3 weeks and non of this was an issue when I booked a couple months back. Thanks.

We actually won't be in Paris, so I won't be able to report on conditions there. We added a 4-day DLP detour to our vacation to Spain (which was on a great trajectory when we booked two months but is now obviously in the throes of a Delta surge, which the risk we took in booking a pandemic vacation, so hopefully we'll make it safely back home COVID-free). There's lots of threads on Tripadvisor and Flyertalk about evolving conditions in Paris. If you're heading there before DLP, Pharmacie de L'Opera has been reported in multiple places to be issuing a Pass Sanitaire from CDC cards for 20 Euro, but obviously that could change tomorrow. There was some suggestion in articles today that this issue would be resolved prior to August 7: https://www.connexionfrance.com/Fre...m-to-convert-non-EU-non-UK-Covid-certificates

Not sure how many Dutch people are here reading along. But just in case, my experience this morning to get to France while not being fully vaccinated. It was so incredibly easy I was a little shocked.

1,5 weeks ago I made my appointment for my free test to travel abroad from the government. I made it via testenvoorjereis.nl All very easy. It asks you when you will depart etc. to help calculate the best time (for France it is within 24 hours).
When I got to my appointment this morning I had to fill in a form, my ID was checked, code in the e-mail scanned etc.
The test itself was done within a few seconds. Projected result time for an antigen test is 3 hours.
I got an e-mail within 40 minutes.
They will send a code to your phone to open the results.
If you are negative, you can open the test results on your phone. Make sure you have downloaded the CoronaCheck app. Once you open the results on your phone, you get another code to download the results in the app, which creates a QR code...

Et voila... you are done. Ready to travel!

Last edited:
Ok, I have arrived at Disneyland Paris, having a late lunch. And I discovered something new. And I didnt hear anyone mention this... They have switched to light mayonaise! :p no more the real stuff, just light. Buy you can get as much as want 😀

So that is going to help a lot 😉

And in addition, strangely enough, I didn't get checked at the airport for a negative result. Only when I was entering the lines to enter the park I got checked. Not to get into Disney Village (that is supposed to happen as of the 1st, I read earlier today) or the hotel.
Also to confirm, when you have an AP and stay st one of the Disney onsite hotels, you do not need a park reservation.

It is reasonably quiet. It is 16.00 and the longest line is 40 minutes for Space Mountain.

Last edited:
So, tonight I took an antigen test at Disney Village to make sure I have access till Saturday evening. The process to get tested is incredibly easy. You go into the old Buffalo Bill Wild West Show building. You scan a QR code on your phone, you fill in the form digitally, you get a QR code. You sign a form with pen as well to make sure you've understood everything. You pay. You go onto the person taking the test. They scan the QR code. And 15 minutes later you get an e-mail that is protected with a code as well (sent to you by text message) and then you can open your results. The results come with a QR code, which they can scan at the park entrance.

Please keep in mind that you'll need a QR code for restaurant access from 1 August. I'm in Paris at the moment. Testing can be done at the pharmacies. We even saw a test facility in a tent near the Eiffel Tower.

We were able to get a Pass Sanitaire yesterday at the pharmacy across from the Opera. There were several Americans in line. As soon as we showed the person at the door our CDC cards he knew exactly what we needed. There was a bit of a line, but it was very simple. Louvre had no issue with our CDC cards yesterday morning (before we got the Pass Sanitaire.)

To report back, we've entered the parks now three times with our passports and CDC cards. It took a second longer than usual for the personnel to process what they were, but every time we've received an *okay." The gentleman staffing the pool at Davy Crockett Ranch was a bit confused and took a while to carefully examine them, but was also fine accepting them. We'll see what happens tomorrow at the Musée de la Grande Guerre, our only museum destination outside DLP.

I was vaccinated in Germany, so it wasn't a problem getting the QR code. Where I did have a problem was getting the app that would let me show it to people - some countries' apps are locked to US iCloud accounts only, so if you use an iPhone you can't get them without jailbreaking it. The Swiss app, Covid Cert, is available on US iCloud accounts, and the code itself is Europe-wide. I had no trouble getting around France and Germany with a Swiss code. So if you have some way of getting any European documentation issued before you arrive, you may be able to dodge the problem.

Subbing to follow as this develops. I'm in a state that is unlikely to create/allow any sort of digital verification and we're planning to travel to Europe next summer, so I'm curious to see how the app-based verifications shake out for those of us who only have our CDC card as proof.

We just returned from 3 weeks in France and Germany. We did not have a problem with the CDC cards. We went to Paris (museums, Eiffel Tower), Disneyland Paris, South of France and Germany. Our CDC card was never a problem (family of 4). We do live in California and I tried to show the California pass one time on my phone and it seemed to create confusion as you can't scan the code on the phone. It was easier just to show the CDC card. Have fun to anyone who is going!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter