Vaccination Proof

spicedparrot

Earning My Ears
I'm told by the concierge of our hotel that rules have started to emerge for US tourists. My understanding is that upon arriving in France, you'll have to take your CDC Vaccine Card to a local pharmacy. That Pharmacy will verify it and then issue the EU Approved Sanitary pass.

I assume this will then be required by DLP (and all other museums, etc.) since it will be a legal requirement.

I've confirmed this with a tour operator as well. However, I think everyone is waiting for an official announcement tomorrow.

I'm told by the concierge of our hotel that rules have started to emerge for US tourists. My understanding is that upon arriving in France, you'll have to take your CDC Vaccine Card to a local pharmacy. That Pharmacy will verify it and then issue the EU Approved Sanitary pass.

I assume this will then be required by DLP (and all other museums, etc.) since it will be a legal requirement.

I've confirmed this with a tour operator as well. However, I think everyone is waiting for an official announcement tomorrow.
Interesting. I wonder how they are verifying these cards. I hope everyone is truthfull but to be honest most in the US are just card stock with info on it and a simple signature on the card. Not even a pharmacy code of any kind. I think only time will tell how they work with the us touring system since all states have done a different system which might make it harder to deal with.

Based upon the latest information put on DLP website it appears that unless a document as a QR code it will NOT be accepted - that would seem to rule out the CDC Vaccination cards and require tests being conducted while actually in France.

The Fed could fix this problem by having an optional program to verify you have had the shots and then issuing a card that meets the requirements. That is the sort of thing the Fed is supposed to do. Guess it is just wishful thinking these days.

Based upon the latest information put on DLP website it appears that unless a document as a QR code it will NOT be accepted - that would seem to rule out the CDC Vaccination cards and require tests being conducted while actually in France.

The QR code is not just a France thing, every EU country is doing the same, issuing a standard Covid Vaccine Cert with a QR code. Im in Ireland and I got mine last week.

Ergh, it's very frustrating how quickly things are changing. Yesterday the language didn't reference the need for a QR code, but I see that today it does. I have a QR code from the state of California. However, my husband hasn't been able to get his because of some data mismatch issue that he's working to resolve but they said it could take 2-3 weeks. But my understanding from the state is that those codes are unreadable without an app that has yet to be developed so I'm not sure how they would be read, though it does also have the dates and doses in readable text that match my CDC card.

I did reach out to the Frankfurt airport, since we are transiting through there and their website mentions that EU COVID certificates are available at the airport pharmacies. It appears that we might be able to present the CDC cards and ID at a pharmacy there to obtain the EU COVID certificate, but our layover is fairly short, so that might not work out.

Multiple people are reporting on other forums that French pharmacies will not issue a Pass Sanitaire based on the CDC card without a French Carte Vitale (e.g. you can only get the Health Pass if you are a French citizen vaccinated abroad).

Ergh, it's very frustrating how quickly things are changing. Yesterday the language didn't reference the need for a QR code, but I see that today it does. I have a QR code from the state of California. However, my husband hasn't been able to get his because of some data mismatch issue that he's working to resolve but they said it could take 2-3 weeks. But my understanding from the state is that those codes are unreadable without an app that has yet to be developed so I'm not sure how they would be read, though it does also have the dates and doses in readable text that match my CDC card.

I did reach out to the Frankfurt airport, since we are transiting through there and their website mentions that EU COVID certificates are available at the airport pharmacies. It appears that we might be able to present the CDC cards and ID at a pharmacy there to obtain the EU COVID certificate, but our layover is fairly short, so that might not work out.

Multiple people are reporting on other forums that French pharmacies will not issue a Pass Sanitaire based on the CDC card without a French Carte Vitale (e.g. you can only get the Health Pass if you are a French citizen vaccinated abroad).

I feel sorry for you and all the American tourists trying to come to Europe. I'm not surprised that the French Pharmacies are only issuing the Pass Sanitaire to French citizens vaccinated abroad. The big emphasis in Europe at the moment is to get travel between European countries started.

***... how the heck are supposed to do anything if they wont now accept our dang cards?!!! i have a September trip set and paid for and now what do i do?!!!

***... how the heck are supposed to do anything if they wont now accept our dang cards?!!! i have a September trip set and paid for and now what do i do?!!!
Just wait, I guess :( . From the link Chantal posted yesterday, the Embassy doesn't know yet.

• As of July 21, the French government has not provided official information on obtaining a health pass for people vaccinated outside the European Union. While some people have been able to have their information entered into the French system by a French doctor or pharmacist, others have been told this is not possible. At this time, the Embassy is not aware of the extent to which it is still possible to have the U.S. information entered into the French system. We will update this website when we have additional information.

Check to see if your state will issue a QR code. CA will, so I'm guessing Healthcare providers sent information to the state regarding who was vaccinated and with which vaccine and lot #. I know when I was in line for my first shot, someone was getting their second shot and didn't have the card with them. So the nurse told them to hold on, they would get the information from the state.

I travel internationally for work. Due to this I have had over 15 random travel vaccinations. The countries I enter will only accept the vaccination card issued by the U.S. Department of State. When I got my Covid vaccine I requested that they add it to my State Dept. "yellow card." I wonder if they will accept that?

I travel internationally for work. Due to this I have had over 15 random travel vaccinations. The countries I enter will only accept the vaccination card issued by the U.S. Department of State. When I got my Covid vaccine I requested that they add it to my State Dept. "yellow card." I wonder if they will accept that?

If you are travelling to any of the EU countries in the next few months I would prepare to not have your card accepted in various places. Many countries in Europe are using the EU Digital Cert with the QR code for entry into museums, tourist attractions etc and indoor dining in bars and restaurants. The staff at all these places will be stressed enough as it is with just trying to deal with the EU Digital Cert with the QR code so if you don't have one, they might just not want the hassle and refuse you entry.

Passport and Border control when you arrive in the country may be different, they most likely will accept the card without the QR code.

If you are travelling to any of the EU countries in the next few months I would prepare to not have your card accepted in various places. Many countries in Europe are using the EU Digital Cert with the QR code for entry into museums, tourist attractions etc and indoor dining in bars and restaurants. The staff at all these places will be stressed enough as it is with just trying to deal with the EU Digital Cert with the QR code so if you don't have one, they might just not want the hassle and refuse you entry.

Passport and Border control when you arrive in the country may be different, they most likely will accept the card without the QR code.

Are you talking about the State Dept. Vaccination passport- or just the CDC card that anyone can fill out? EU countries generally don't have vaccination requirements for travel- mine is issued mainly for Africa and Asia. My point is that it is State Dept issued and not just some random CDC card.

Edit: Sorry I missed the post above from the French govt. I work for the U.S. gov so i will confer with the embassies before I leave.

Check to see if your state will issue a QR code. CA will, so I'm guessing Healthcare providers sent information to the state regarding who was vaccinated and with which vaccine and lot #. I know when I was in line for my first shot, someone was getting their second shot and didn't have the card with them. So the nurse told them to hold on, they would get the information from the state.

While California issues a QR code, it's definitely not readable by the French verification app (or any app yet): https://www.latimes.com/california/...-code-vaccine-record-safety-feature-authentic so it seems a bit silly to me that it would be accepted while a CDC card would not. But unless we hear affirmatively that it won't be accepted we're going to give it a go (assuming my husband can get his) at the screening tent at DLP with the back up plan of getting a test in Disney Village if it doesn't work.

There was also a report on Tripadvisor of someone using their CDC card to get the Pass Sanitaire at a pharmacy near Marne-la-Vallée so we may try the pharmacy at Val d'Europe as well, depending on timing (not sure how much of our short DLP visit we want to spend chasing down the Pass Sanitaire vs. just paying for tests):

"Just wanted to report that I was succeessful on my first try, in a pharmacy near Marne-la-Vallée. The pharmacist was hesitant, as she had been having some issues with the portal recently and she had not been able to do so before we arrived. Fortunately, we were somehow able to convince her to give it the old college try (i just kept repeating "c'est possible" like a buffon) and it actually went through!!

I had some info on how to create a pass for a USA vaccine (country: enter 99 for a country list and 99063 for USA), and I managed to get my Pass Sanitaire!!! Pharmacist was absolutely wonderful and so kind/patient. She was very busy, but she still helped us out. I speak practically zero French but I was studying up on the basics just to try and build a modicum of repoire. Fortunately, her English was quite good, so all I really needed was a litany of "merci beaucoup's. "

To recap, you may be at the mercy of whether or not the portal is functioning properly, but it us absolutely possible to get a Pass Sanitaire from a CDC card. Just make sure to verify that the date of vaccination is correct, as this is easy to mistake in the process."

Are you talking about the State Dept. Vaccination passport- or just the CDC card that anyone can fill out? EU countries generally don't have vaccination requirements for travel- mine is issued mainly for Africa and Asia. My point is that it is State Dept issued and not just some random CDC card.

Edit: Sorry I missed the post above from the French govt. I work for the U.S. gov so i will confer with the embassies before I leave.

The EU has issued Digital Covid Vaccine Cert for all EU countries. This is to facilitate travel between EU countries, so it means that now when you travel to a EU country, if you are vaccinated you have to show this cert with a QR at passport control. If you are not vaccinated you will have to have a negative Covid test. Some countries are requiring PCR negative tests, some countries are requiring antigen tests, you will need to check the specific requirements of the country you are travelling to.

Many Eu countries are also requiring a passenger locator form, which must be filled out online before you land in the country. Again this is being checked at passport control.

Many countries are also using the Digital Covid Vaccine Cert with the QR code to reopen various aspects of their society, from public buildings, events, in door dining at bars and restaurants etc etc. For example Disneyland Paris is requiring the Digital Covid Vaccine Cert for park entry.

You will need to check the specific requirements of the country you are travelling to, as if you don't have a Covid vaccine QR code you may be refused entry to at various places.

The EU has issued Digital Covid Vaccine Cert for all EU countries. This is to facilitate travel between EU countries, so it means that now when you travel to a EU country, if you are vaccinated you have to show this cert with a QR at passport control. If you are not vaccinated you will have to have a negative Covid test. Some countries are requiring PCR negative tests, some countries are requiring antigen tests, you will need to check the specific requirements of the country you are travelling to.

Many Eu countries are also requiring a passenger locator form, which must be filled out online before you land in the country. Again this is being checked at passport control.

Many countries are also using the Digital Covid Vaccine Cert with the QR code to reopen various aspects of their society, from public buildings, events, in door dining at bars and restaurants etc etc. For example Disneyland Paris is requiring the Digital Covid Vaccine Cert for park entry.

You will need to check the specific requirements of the country you are travelling to, as if you don't have a Covid vaccine QR code you may be refused entry to at various places.

I meant vaccination requirements for Americans traveling to the EU absent Covid- not between EU countries now. But I understand your point.

Several people online are reporting luck getting the Pass Sanitaire with their CDC cards at large vaccination centers rather than pharmacies. There's a large vaccination center in the Newport Bay Hotel, so that may be an option as well.591788

Several people online are reporting luck getting the Pass Sanitaire with their CDC cards at large vaccination centers rather than pharmacies. There's a large vaccination center in the Newport Bay Hotel, so that may be an option as well.View attachment 591788
How exactly did you find what a large vaccination center is? I mean is that in the name of the center "large" because it is at Disney?

I'm asking because I won't be at disney until mid week on my travels - I will arrive on a Sunday and don't go to Disney till thursday, so I need to find out where I can go to get this darn pass before that otherwise I can't do anything in Paris at all, apparently. I'll be a leper shunned by everyone even though I am fully vaccinated...how awesome.

Also, do you need appointments to these, some say yes?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter