Vaccination Numbers, CDC Updated Travel Guidelines and Impacts to Disney Theme Parks/Cruise Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

helloconnie

DIS Veteran
DVC Silver
On April 2, the CDC posted updated guidelines for Travel both domestically and internationally which can be found here:
Domestic Travel During COVID-19 | CDC

Basically, they have said that if you are fully vaccinated, you can travel with little risk of contracting the virus but should still wear a mask, socially distance and wash hands. These are for the protection of those who have not been vaccinated. As more adults get vaccinated, less people will be at risk and we may see more relaxation of the restrictions since these protect the unvaccinated. I will update this post weekly with the current vaccination numbers. Here are the current numbers:

Vaccination Percentage of Adults 18 and over as of 4/2:
Fully Vaccinated: 22.4%​
At Least One Dose: 39.2%​
Total with some vaccination protection: 61.6%​
Current rate of vaccination is approximately 2.9 million shots administered per day.​
CDC Vaccination Tracking page can be found here: CDC COVID Data Tracker
We will monitor on this thread how the continuing increase in adults being vaccinated impacts theme park and cruise line operations.

Governor of Florida signed an executive order today (it appears to expire when state of emergency expires) banning vaccine passports. No word on official legislative action.

“. Businesses in Florida are prohibited from requiring patrons or customers to provide any documentation certifying COVID-19 vaccination or post-transmission recovery to gain access to, entry upon, or service from the business”

see the order from the state here

On April 2, the CDC posted updated guidelines for Travel both domestically and internationally which can be found here:
Domestic Travel During COVID-19 | CDC

Basically, they have said that if you are fully vaccinated, you can travel with little risk of contracting the virus but should still wear a mask, socially distance and wash hands. These are for the protection of those who have not been vaccinated. As more adults get vaccinated, less people will be at risk and we may see more relaxation of the restrictions since these protect the unvaccinated. I will update this post weekly with the current vaccination numbers. Here are the current numbers:

Vaccination Percentage of Adults 18 and over as of 4/2:
Fully Vaccinated: 22.4%​
At Least One Dose: 39.2%​
Total with some vaccination protection: 61.6%​
Current rate of vaccination is approximately 2.9 million shots administered per day.​
CDC Vaccination Tracking page can be found here: CDC COVID Data Tracker
We will monitor on this thread how the continuing increase in adults being vaccinated impacts theme park and cruise line operations.
This is great. One thing, I read the numbers as Fully Vaccinated being included in the "At Least One Dose" - if it's "at least one" - then it could also be two doses, i.e., fully vaccinated, so I don't think you'd add the two numbers together. It's confusing though on the CDC's website with the numbers to the side of doses delivered and "administered" - since the administered number is only a couple thousand off than adding the two categories in the chart to the right. It's also different than it was relatively recently since before only one dose was not fully vaccinated, but now with the J&J vaccine, some first doses are also fully vaccinated. I was pretty sure in the past they considered at least one dose to include those who'd also had 2 and were fully vaccinated.

I hope this thread continues, but you are significantly double counting the numbers. As @Anthony Vito mentioned above, at least one dose includes people who have had:
  1. Just one dose of Moderna or Pfizer-BioNTech,
  2. Both Doses of Moderna or Pfizer-BioNTech, and
  3. The single dose of Johnson & Johnson.
The fully vaccinated count includes 2 and 3 above.

This is great. One thing, I read the numbers as Fully Vaccinated being included in the "At Least One Dose" - if it's "at least one" - then it could also be two doses, i.e., fully vaccinated, so I don't think you'd add the two numbers together. It's confusing though on the CDC's website with the numbers to the side of doses delivered and "administered" - since the administered number is only a couple thousand off than adding the two categories in the chart to the right. It's also different than it was relatively recently since before only one dose was not fully vaccinated, but now with the J&J vaccine, some first doses are also fully vaccinated. I was pretty sure in the past they considered at least one dose to include those who'd also had 2 and were fully vaccinated.
I hope this thread continues, but you are significantly double counting the numbers. As @Anthony Vito mentioned above, at least one dose includes people who have had:
  1. Just one dose of Moderna or Pfizer-BioNTech,
  2. Both Doses of Moderna or Pfizer-BioNTech, and
  3. The single dose of Johnson & Johnson.
The fully vaccinated count includes 2 and 3 above.

Let's look at the numbers....

Total Doses administered 157,606,463
(18 and Over) At Least One Dose 101,288,138​
(18 and Over) Fully Vaccinated 57,878,778​
These two added together equal 159,166,916​

So there is a discrepancy in the numbers by about 1.5 million but not enough to say that the numbers are double counted, especially since the vaccination rate is around 2.9 million shots per day. It does raise a question on how the CDC is computing its statistics. Think I might email the CDC and raise the question.

Let's look at the numbers....

Total Doses administered 157,606,463
(18 and Over) At Least One Dose 101,288,138​
(18 and Over) Fully Vaccinated 57,878,778​
These two added together equal 159,166,916​

So there is a discrepancy in the numbers by about 1.5 million but not enough to say that the numbers are double counted, especially since the vaccination rate is around 2.9 million shots per day. It does raise a question on how the CDC is computing its statistics. Think I might email the CDC and raise the question.

I don't know how to more simply explain it to you; you are double counting the numbers when you claim that 61.6% of the population has some vaccination protection. The current vaccination rate per day has absolutely nothing to do with trying to resolve your question. Using your numbers:
  • 101,288,138 people have received one or two doses
  • of the 101,288,138 people, 57,878,778 have either received a second dose of Moderna / Pfizer-BioNTech, or had a J&J dose as their first (and only) dose
  • Since some of the people received J&J you cannot add the numbers together and have it equal the number of doses delivered. The difference would be the J&J doses. We can calculate the number of people who received J&J doses by the "discrepancy". (101,288,138 + 57,878,778 - 157,606,463 = 1,560,453)
Doses and people vaccinated add up as follows:
  • People receiving one dose of J&J: 1,560,453 shots delivered to 1,560,453 people.
  • People receiving just a first dose of Moderna or Pfizer-BioNTech: (101,288,138 - 1,560,453) - (57,878,778 -1,560,453) = 43,409,360 shots delivered to 43,409,360 people
  • People receiving both shots of Moderna or Pfizer-BioNTech: (57,878,778-1,560,453) x 2 = 112,636,650 shots delivered to 56,318,325 people
  • If we add these up it totals (1,560,453 + 43,409,360 + 112,636,650) = 157,606,463 total shots delivered to (1,560,453 + 43,409,360 + 56,318,325) = 101,288,138 people
I hope that helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter