Vaccinated question

LoveMickey

<font color=red>Can't wait to feel the "wonder" of
Hello, Has anyone done any research on travelling to Hawaii after being fully vaccinated? Will we still have to get a Covid Test?

We will be flying from the east coast and stopping in SF for a few days before moving on to Aulani? Will we need to be in SF for 3-4 days so we can get tested in the 72 hr advance time frame they are currently requiring?

TIA

@LoveMickey Not sure when you are traveling but there's a bill in the HI legislature to exempt vaccinated individuals from any/all quarantine requirements. Keep in mind that it only covers vaccinated individuals that have completed the entire course (one site said full dose plus 10 days) so if you have kids travelling with you, they'll need to get tested.

@LoveMickey Not sure when you are traveling but there's a bill in the HI legislature to exempt vaccinated individuals from any/all quarantine requirements. Keep in mind that it only covers vaccinated individuals that have completed the entire course (one site said full dose plus 10 days) so if you have kids travelling with you, they'll need to get tested.
I really hope this gets passed. We did a trip to Maui last month and have another trip to Aulani planned for May. We were both lucky enough to be vaccinated prior to our first trip which frankly made the trip even more enjoyable. I have already scheduled our COVID tests for our May trip but would love to cancel them....

I should add that overall the travel was made very easy based upon our airline coordinating with us and providing local testing sites. It was more of an inconvenience and it made me feel safer knowing everyone on the plane had been tested recently.

Thank you all. I'm fully vaccinated and we're waiting for hubby to get his. Reisdawg which airline did you fly. We are not going to Hawaii until July 30th, so I'm trying to plan on how many days we will need in SF and then try to coordinate testing while there. Any suggestions would be super great.

Be sure to go to the official Hawaii travel website for up to date information and requirements. I tried posting the link, but it won’t load. You also will need to find a trusted travel partner to do the testing in San Francisco. I know there are no Walgreens presently doing the testing required in California right now.

Last edited:
Thank you all. I'm fully vaccinated and we're waiting for hubby to get his. Reisdawg which airline did you fly. We are not going to Hawaii until July 30th, so I'm trying to plan on how many days we will need in SF and then try to coordinate testing while there. Any suggestions would be super great.
Alaska airlines... they have several locations in Seattle so it was easy for us...

So I'm thinking of this scenario, what do you guys think?

We are flying to SF probably on a Sunday or Monday and staying until we fly to Aulani on Friday. We will be in SF for 5 days before Hawaii. We are using Hawaiian airlines to fly to Aulani

Should we go back to the airport and have Hawaiian airlines do our Covid test on Tuesday? We will not have a car and there are a couple of Walgreens in the area but not sure if they do the test or how go about getting to another location? We are staying down near Fisherman's warf. Does one have to quarantine after receiving the Covid test even though no symptons?

Any suggestions advice or anything else (or anyone that lives in SF) would be appreciated.

So I'm thinking of this scenario, what do you guys think?

We are flying to SF probably on a Sunday or Monday and staying until we fly to Aulani on Friday. We will be in SF for 5 days before Hawaii. We are using Hawaiian airlines to fly to Aulani

Should we go back to the airport and have Hawaiian airlines do our Covid test on Tuesday? We will not have a car and there are a couple of Walgreens in the area but not sure if they do the test or how go about getting to another location? We are staying down near Fisherman's warf. Does one have to quarantine after receiving the Covid test even though no symptons?

Any suggestions advice or anything else (or anyone that lives in SF) would be appreciated.
I believe you will have to find a testing partner in San Francisco that is in compliance with Hawaii testing partners. Also, your test needs to be done no earlier than 72 hours from your final leg flight to Hawaii. Having no COVID symptoms is irrelevant to the Hawaii requirement. You will need to be retested as per the guidelines currently in place in order to avoid the hard quarantine.
Good luck, hope all goes well!

One Clarification on my previous post. Do I need to quarantine in SF after I receive my Covid test?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter