Vacation with Grumpy - Typhone Lagoon & The Longest Trip to DTD

kra623

Mouseketeer
Monday May 9th -

We started the day at Typhone Lagoon. Good choice of days, crowds were pretty light. DD loved the wave pool and crush and gush was pretty good. We spent the afternoon lying in the Lazy River and boy do I wish I was there now. It's 58 degrees in Pittsburgh and I haven't really seen :sunny: since I came back from WDW. (the tan is fading fast)

We left TL around 3 PM and went to OKW to recharge. DH got to lift weights in the gym while I and MIL did laundry and watched DD swim. The new slide at OKW is great and REALLY fast!

After dinner, we were headed to the MK to watch Spectromagic and this is where the looooongest trip comes in!!!! Let me give all of you planners a tip! Don't rely on your plan without checking to see if Disney has switched up on you. MIL, Me, and DD get on the bus (we left Grumpy at home and it was a good thing) to MK. We arrive at 6:30 PM and walking down main street when we notice something very strange??!!! There are no people sitting by the streets, no one??? I'm starting to get worried. I go insearch of help! Ask the first person I see and I wish it wasn't true by it was!! Spectromagic had been rescheduled! American's Funniest Home Videos was taping instead, so Spectro had been moved to Tuesday. So we turned around and headed out. All I was thinking about was that I had just wasted a whole day's ticket for 15 minutes! We hoped a bus to DTD. So time from OKW to DTD was 1 hour and 15 minutes. Grumpy beat us there, which I think is really ironic!!!! Morale to the story is ALWAYS check to see if the World has changed it's schedule!!!

I didn't let it get me down though! I was in Disney after all!!! DTD was great. We went to the lego store and Once Upon a Toy. It was great to soak it all in!

To be continued....

All I was thinking about was that I had just wasted a whole day's ticket for 15 minutes!

Did you go to guest services? I'd think if you explained it to them that you came to watch Spectro but it had been rescheduled, that they'd give you your day back. I'd at least stand at guest services and plead my case.

I wish I would have thought about that!! But I just chalked it up to not following the great advice of the DIS board!

Well, you could always write a letter with dates and times and explain what happened. Also mention that you wish you'd have gone to guest services at the park after it happened, but you were so disappointed you weren't thinking straight. Maybe they'll reinstate your day. Maybe not, but at least you voiced your opinion. :) It's not like you're out a few dollars (in which case it may not be worth the effort) It's a chunk of change especially since MULTIPLE people in your party went in and went back out. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter