Vacation Village at Parkway

wedindis'00

Mouseketeer
What can you tell me about this place? It was a last minute RCI exchange. Any and all comments welcomed.

Thanks

I'm going to subscribe to this thread. I'm considering booking this through RCI, as well, and have read mixed reviews. It is one of the very few resorts listed as available for our RCI Cruiser package, in Aug 12. :confused3

We were at Vacation Village for a week (about 2 years ago) through RCI. The rooms are huge and very nice (but if you get a poolside room it can be noisy). The only downside is that there aren't washer/dryers inside each room; they did have a free laundry room though that was at the end our hallway. The location is perfect ... turn left on 192 when leaving and you are abuot a mile from Old Town (don't miss the car cruises on Friday and Saturday nights), turn right on 192 and you're about 2 miles from Disney, and we walked to Arabian Knights from the condo.

Meant to ask previously if anyone has ever stayed in a 1 Bdr. partial kitchen unit before? It seems as though these are the questionable units in the reviews I've read. Thanks! :)

Meant to ask previously if anyone has ever stayed in a 1 Bdr. partial kitchen unit before? It seems as though these are the questionable units in the reviews I've read. Thanks! :)

we did. we were two adults and a baby It was fine. It would not be fine if there were 5 or more people, imo.

Good location too.

we did. we were two adults and a baby It was fine. It would not be fine if there were 5 or more people, imo.

Good location too.

Thanks for letting me know. That makes me feel a little better. Do you happen to know how far the resort is from Universal? We just usually go to Disney, but this trip we are going to Universal. :)

If you go to tripadvisor.com and search for this resort, you can look at pictures. Click on the traveller photos, and around number 170 or so are some pix of a B unit. We've stayed there a few times in an A unit on an RCI exchange and liked it very much. We only used it to sleep there, so I can't speak to activities or other amenities. Our unit was on the parking lot side on the top floor. We had a view of treetops and it was very quiet, unlike the pool side. It is close to tons of restaurants and stores. I had it on good authority to avoid going to the free breakfast at all costs. It is offsite, so you can't leave when you want to, and apparently it is very high pressure and unpleasant, as described by most who have gone.

I have a couple of questions for anyone who has stayed there.

1. Do they have a pool bar at the main pool?
2. Which building(s) should we request?

TIA

Thanks for letting me know. That makes me feel a little better. Do you happen to know how far the resort is from Universal? We just usually go to Disney, but this trip we are going to Universal. :)

It's not far, maybe 20 minutes depending on traffic

I have a couple of questions for anyone who has stayed there.

1. Do they have a pool bar at the main pool?
2. Which building(s) should we request?

TIA

don't remember a pool bar - there is not really a main pool - all the pools were about equal size.

i always go for the ones nearer the entrance/exit - so i can leave faster.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter