• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Vacation Village at Parkway?

naomi78155

SAHM 2two. LOVE DiS!
My parents have booked this timeshare place through a friend for a week in June.

They have a two bedroom. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this place?

Trying to decide if we should stay with the rents at VV or onsite at Disney.

Any info is appreciated.:worship:

I guess it depends on what you plan on doing and how your kids are. We stayed there last year and were very happy with the 2 bedroom condo. The building we were in (I think it was 14) is newer, so all the furnishings and utensils are very nice. The layout is a little strange - you enter a small hallway to get to your condo, then you can pick the A side or B side, even tho they are one unit. The A side was the master bedroom with king bed, plus the living room and kitchen area. The B side was like a lock-off studio, with a queen bed in a plus a small living room area with TV and small kitchenette. You can leave the doors to the A and B units open and just lock the hallway door to make it 1 unit. There was a Publix close by for groceries, and its not far from Disney property. Its right next to the Arabian Nights dinner show place. The pools were heated (good for us in Feb) and the hot tubs very nice, and close enough to walk to from our condo.

Now, if you have little kids that need to go back for a nap, its not as convienent as onsite. My family is to the point where space is more of a priority than proximity!

I guess it depends on what you plan on doing and how your kids are. We stayed there last year and were very happy with the 2 bedroom condo. The building we were in (I think it was 14) is newer, so all the furnishings and utensils are very nice. The layout is a little strange - you enter a small hallway to get to your condo, then you can pick the A side or B side, even tho they are one unit. The A side was the master bedroom with king bed, plus the living room and kitchen area. The B side was like a lock-off studio, with a queen bed in a plus a small living room area with TV and small kitchenette. You can leave the doors to the A and B units open and just lock the hallway door to make it 1 unit. There was a Publix close by for groceries, and its not far from Disney property. Its right next to the Arabian Nights dinner show place. The pools were heated (good for us in Feb) and the hot tubs very nice, and close enough to walk to from our condo.

Now, if you have little kids that need to go back for a nap, its not as convienent as onsite. My family is to the point where space is more of a priority than proximity!

Thank you for the information. Dumb question, but does the 2 bedroom include sides A and B? Are there 2 baths? How is the pool?

Yes, both the A side and B side have bathrooms. There are about 5 or 6 pools throughtout the complex. Mostly they are located between buildings, which are rather tall, so they get a good deal of shade - which is probably good when its summertime. There are also hot tubs located alongside the pools. Hope this helps!

I own at this resort, bought it cheap on ebay from some people from england. It has a jet tub in the larger side of the lockoff and if you have kids they will have their own kitchen living room and bathroom, My kids loved staying there. I own 1 week there but I traded lockoff A for a week at a 2 bedroom orange lake condos and traded my lock off b for a week at another condo with 2 bedrooms.:cool1:

We stayed there in July 2008. It was nice we had the 1 bedroom with the kitchenette. There are several pools to choose from but they are filled with salt water :confused3 So it was different.I would say my only complaint would be parking, it seems to be limited especially in the evening when everyone has come back from the parks. But really it's very close to the DW entrance. But since then we've stayed at the disney resorts and really like it better because we can use the transportation and DDP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter