Vacation Potpourri - Disney Dream, Kidani Village, and more! - Vacation Wrap-Up 4/24

...Continued

P5250917.jpg

I found the basketball courts!

P5250919.jpg

P5250920.jpg

P5250922.jpg

P5250923.jpg

P5250924.jpg

From up there, I had a nice view of the Carnival Sensation’s top deck. Wanna know what’s up there?

P5250925.jpg

A cool splash/water slide area!

P5250926.jpg

P5250927.jpg

P5250928.jpg

Palm trees!

P5250929.jpg

A closer look at the splash/slide area.

P5250930.jpg

Looking back over Nassau.

P5250931.jpg

P5250932.jpg

I took a stroll around the mostly deserted mini-golf course:
(I think I went through it backwards!)

P5250933.jpg

P5250934.jpg

P5250936.jpg

P5250937.jpg

Atlantis!

P5250938.jpg

P5250939.jpg

P5250940.jpg

Cloudy sky & more of the mini-golf course.

P5250941.jpg

Rain droplets on the rail.

P5250942.jpg

I guess it was around 1:43 at that point!

...Continued (again) here

Continued...

I made my way back down to the pool deck and got a couple shots of the empty area.

P5250944.jpg

P5250945.jpg

P5250946.jpg

Can you see it raining on the deck?

P5250947.jpg

Rain running down the windows.

P5250948.jpg

It was windy out there!

P5250951.jpg

P5250953.jpg

And here’s a short rainy-day-on-the-ship video:

The boys came back right around the time Allison was getting finished up. Their report on Oceaneers Lab? A little too baby-ish for 10-year-old Luke. They were having an open house at the time, so they were able to walk around and see what was offered there. The Cast Member there told Davis that he would probably find more things to interest him at the Edge. The only catch was the we had to sign a waiver since he was only 10 and the stated ages for Edge are 11-13. No problem!

Davis went ahead and registered Luke at Oceaneers Lab just in case he decided to go back to Oceaneers lab after checking out Edge. That way, if Edge was too old for him, he’d just be able to go straight to Oceaneers Lab without having to go through the registration process. I don’t know what all was involved besides getting a wrist bracelet, though, since I wasn’t with them.

It was off to Edge from there.

IMG_7513.jpg

There was no registration at Edge. Because the kids are older, they are allowed to come and go as they please there. I asked the Cast Member there about Luke joining in and they said it happens all the time! We signed the waiver and left the kids there to play.

I will admit it was a strange feeling, just leaving them there like that, but Davis and I now had some time to explore the ship at our own pace!

Great pics of the rainy day on the ship! I remember looking over at the Carnival ship and thinking "hum, sure is plain compared to our ship". :p Isn't it amazing how clean and nice Nassau looks from the cruise ship? Too bad it wasn't that really that way or we'd have spent more time there. Good gosh! I didn't remember the wind blowing so hard that day until I saw your tree pics.

Believe me, I know how life can get in the way of posting! I thought about you when those storms rolled over Texas, Oklahoma and Arkansas. Did you get any bad weather?

We didn't get any bad weather at home, but we were actually in Eureka Springs over the weekend. We didn't anything severe where we were, but did get quite a bit of rain. There were lots of weather watches/warnings in the area, though.

Great pics of the rainy day on the ship! I remember looking over at the Carnival ship and thinking "hum, sure is plain compared to our ship". :p Isn't it amazing how clean and nice Nassau looks from the cruise ship? Too bad it wasn't that really that way or we'd have spent more time there. Good gosh! I didn't remember the wind blowing so hard that day until I saw your tree pics.

Thanks! Yes, Davis wanted to make sure he had proof that our ship was bigger since his brother is always going on (how brothers do) about how the ships they cruise on are the biggest, best, etc. :goodvibes

I keep wondering if we'd gone over toward Atlantis if our opinion would have been different. :moped: The only way to know for sure is to go again, right? :faint:

Great pictures even with the rain!! Nice to get shots without many people in them. Even a rainy day doesn't sound so bad when there's still so much to do on the ship!

Great pictures even with the rain!! Nice to get shots without many people in them. Even a rainy day doesn't sound so bad when there's still so much to do on the ship!

Thanks! It was a good time to get photos of the pool area, especially. That place was never empty! :goodvibes

I agree - with so many things to do on the ship, we didn't mind the rain.

I Would Walk 500 Miles

and I would walk 500 more...

That song reminds me of 8th grade.

While the kids were hanging out at Edge, Davis and I walked around the cruise ship, exploring.

And taking pictures, of course:

IMG_7487.jpg

Did I mention it was my first time on a cruise ship?

IMG_7488.jpg

I couldnt get enough of the port holes!

IMG_7489.jpg

One of the shops

IMG_7493.jpg

One of the beautiful light fixtures on the ship

IMG_7494.jpg

The Buena Vista Theatre

IMG_7496.jpg

The Walt Disney Theatre

And again, with flash:
IMG_7495.jpg

IMG_7498.jpg

Walt Disney

IMG_7499.jpg

Very pretty restroom door

IMG_7501.jpg

Mickey!

IMG_7504.jpg

I loved most of the art they had hanging in the ship

IMG_7505.jpg

We toured through the nightclub section of the ship. It seems like most (if not all) the club/lounge areas were connected. What I mean is that you entered one from the hallway, and then somewhere in there was another door leading to the next club/lounge so that you could visit them all in a continuous line. Thats what we did.

IMG_7506.jpg

Heres an interesting-looking picture:

IMG_7507.jpg

IMG_7509.jpg

We cut through Cabanas at one time; so I took the opportunity to snap a few pictures there:

IMG_7515.jpg

IMG_7516.jpg

IMG_7517.jpg

IMG_7518.jpg

We thought wed sit at a table by the window and the drink machines and have a quick sip of something, but the drink machines were turned off in Cabanas. I took a few pictures from the table instead.

IMG_7520.jpg

IMG_7521.jpg

IMG_7522.jpg

IMG_7523.jpg

IMG_7524.jpg

and a picture of the table

IMG_7525.jpg

...Continued, here and below...

…continued from above

We also hung out in our stateroom for a bit.

IMG_7526.jpg

From our verandah

At separate times, both kids stopped by the room to get their cameras. It seems the kids were having a scavenger hunt in teams of two. Sounds like fun, but the thought of Luke and another, similar-aged boy running freely around the ship was a little scary! I still him as a three-year-old, though!

A bit later, both kids showed up again and Luke was in this get-up:

IMG_7527.jpg

Ready for the kitchen!

They had baked cookies and he even brought one back for me.

Freddy, our stateroom attendant, had also been in at one time and left this guy:

IMG_7528.jpg

Tonight was the Pirates in the Caribbean night. He also left an invitation and a pirate bandana for each of us on the bed.

But the kids were back at the room to get their swimming gear. At 8:00 the kids from the Edge were “taking over” the Aqua Duck. I can’t remember for exactly how long, but for maybe 15-30 min. the Aqua Duck was closed to everyone but the Edge kids. Since the kids hadn’t been on it yet that day, they were very excited. The only problem? Our dinner seating was at 8:00.

Did the kids care?

Nope!

They were having a blast at Edge, so we decided to make it a “date night” and go to dinner without them. Since they’re free to come and go from the Edge anyway, they’d be able to run down to one of quick service windows on the Pool Deck for a slice of pizza or whatever.

We went to Royal Palace for dinner that night. The food was pretty good. The bread was brought to the table in a royal coach basket - pretty cute!

P5250957.jpg

Palmer gave us two more of his riddles to solve.

In this first one I think you had to get the sugar packet out of the “spoon” but of course I’ve forgotten the “rules” for doing it. I’m sure it was something like you could only move 1 or 2 crayons, maybe.

P5250958.jpg

The second one was a dog. See it? (The triangle is his head…)
P5250961.jpg

We had to make the dog face the other direction, but only moving 2 crayons and not his tail.

I think Davis solved the first one and I got pretty close on the second.

Like I said, the food was pretty good……….but dessert was awesome.

P5250959.jpg

I love crème brulee!

But I’m not so good at food pictures.

P5250960.jpg

Same crème brulee, with flash this time!

A photographer came around to each table during dinner and took several shots of everyone. He took a couple regular shots of Davis and I and then had us put on our bandanas and crook our index fingers into “hooks” and sneer like pirates for a couple - he also got individual shots of us doing this. Oh, the hilarity and teasing I had to endure after the kids saw these pictures the next day at Shutters Photography. Unfortunately, we didn’t purchase them, so you can’t see them. Sometimes still, the kids will remember that picture and mimic my pose, then break out into hysterical laughter.

After dinner, we made a quick pit-stop at the stateroom to change out of our dinner attire. Then it was time for the fireworks show/pirate dance party on the pool deck.

We followed the masses out to the deck. That’s when I realized we didn’t have the kids with us. How sad, I thought, to not have the kids with us during the fireworks. We knew they would be “somewhere” out there to watch, so we began scanning the crowd for their faces.

We must not have been casually scanning the crowd, though because just then we heard someone say something along the lines of “looking for someone?”

It was mickeystoontown, Lisa and her family! I went into how we were looking for the kids whom we couldn’t tear away from the Edge, but how I kind of wanted them with us for the fireworks. I think their son had spent a lot of the night before in the Teen club, so Lisa knew how much the kids were enjoying it.

We compared Nassau notes; they had gone on the Sea and See Tour, had seen pretty much all they’d wanted. We also both talked about the time we felt we were “missing out” on in Disney World, and whether or not we were cruise people. Looking back kind of glosses my memory, but I remember at the time feeling like we’d have rather been in WDW than on the cruise. That could also be in part due to the fact that once we disembarked we’d be staying in WDW, but only have one Disney park day. Remember, the kids wanted to do Universal and we wanted to check out Legoland as well. So, whether or not we’d done the cruise, we’d have had fewer Disney days, but we could have visited every park had we not cruised. (I hope you made it through all that!)

All of a sudden, a line of kids in bandanas walked by - the kids from the Edge - and Allison and Luke with them! We waved them over to us and found a spot as the show began.

P5250962.jpg

That’s the moon. You can barely see it’s reflection on the water below.

P5250963.jpg

A few blurry fireworks shots:

P5250964.jpg

P5250965.jpg

P5250967.jpg

P5250968.jpg

Afterwards, I wanted to get a picture with Lisa, to prove we’d been there!

P5250970.jpg

It took a few tries.

P5250973.jpg

P5250974.jpg

I’m wearing Luke’s hoodie here. Somehow my own didn’t make it into the suitcase. It wasn’t that it was chilly, but I had changed into a tank top and with the wind blowing, I kind of wanted something more on.

The only thing left to do after that was have one more ice cream cone for the day. I think it would have been the third, except for the fact that they were closing the machines down for the night when we got there.

P5250975.jpg

Sad pirates. Had to settle for a drink instead.

Up next: Castaway Cay!

It looks and sound like, despite the rain, you guys had a good time on the ship that day. I wish that we had more time to explore the ship but, alas, we didn't.

I can attest to the fact that Hunter did, indeed, enjoy the teen club on the Dream. He would have stayed in there all night long had it stayed open.

I remember us talking about whether or not we were "cruise people" and we hadn't really made up our minds. At the time, I was thinking that we weren't and was thinking about all of the things we could have been seeing and doing at Walt Disney World. But, now that time has passed, I'm thinking a cruise will happen again in the future.

It looks and sound like, despite the rain, you guys had a good time on the ship that day. I wish that we had more time to explore the ship but, alas, we didn't.

I can attest to the fact that Hunter did, indeed, enjoy the teen club on the Dream. He would have stayed in there all night long had it stayed open.

I remember us talking about whether or not we were "cruise people" and we hadn't really made up our minds. At the time, I was thinking that we weren't and was thinking about all of the things we could have been seeing and doing at Walt Disney World. But, now that time has passed, I'm thinking a cruise will happen again in the future.

Even with all the exploring we did, there was so much that we didn't get to do! We never saw even one show, although that may have been Davis' plan all along! There were many other things that we wanted to check out, but just didn't have the time to.

Time has a funny way of doing that, doesn't it? I'm the same way! My inlaws are really trying to talk us into an Alaska cruise, but that would most certainly mean skipping Disney that year. And you know how we feel about that! :rolleyes2

Even with all the exploring we did, there was so much that we didn't get to do! We never saw even one show, although that may have been Davis' plan all along! There were many other things that we wanted to check out, but just didn't have the time to.

Time has a funny way of doing that, doesn't it? I'm the same way! My inlaws are really trying to talk us into an Alaska cruise, but that would most certainly mean skipping Disney that year. And you know how we feel about that! :rolleyes2

We talked about a cruise to Alaska and even priced it out for 2013 but decided to wait until we can get two weeks off from work. That way, we can take a cruise to Alaska and then go to Walt Disney World later on in the year.

Our other plan is to take two weeks: Go on the same cruise we went on in May and then spend 10 nights at WDW. This going to Disney World for just a week is not our cup of tea. But that probably won't happen until 2014.

On an island in the sun,

we’ll be playing and having fun

But before we get to that, let me give you a little background information. I think it was back in April when I first heard about the Castaway Cay 5k. I saw a picture on Deb Wills’ (of allearsnet.com) Facebook page of someone with a “Castaway Cay 5k” tshirt. I had been wanting to do a 5k, but hadn’t done one yet.

What better time or place for my very first one than on Castaway Cay?

That's when the googling began.

While I found several blog entries about people who had done it, I never could find anything that led me to believe they always, 100% of the time, held one of these for every cruise, but I was secretly hoping that they did.

In fact, I pulled out my iPod nano, which I hadn’t used much since getting my iPhone, made sure I had a good play list, and made sure the battery was charged, just in case. I packed my running gear, but somehow the tshirt I’d intended to wear didn’t make it in the suitcase either. It must have stayed at home with my hoodie! I was ready to possibly get to do the Castaway Cay 5k!

Fastforward to the Friday night I just wrote about in the previous chapter, the night of the Nassau day. That night we got our Personal Navigator for our Castaway Cay day:

05398de5.jpg

Inside, this was on the schedule:

7986C8DA-D2BD-4F26-9938-6E887D0F490D-30018-0000220D5AA6124C_zpscd80b935.jpg

Woo hoo! It was on!

But of course, that meant waking up a bit early. That wasn't really too much of a problem for me since I don’t mind waking up early for a good reason. I wish I could just get up early and exercise everyday. For some reason, though, exercise doesn’t ever seem to be a good enough reason when the time comes on a normal day, but I digress. The rest of the family would be able to sleep a little longer and take their time getting ready. I planned to meet them back at the stateroom after the run.

The people interested in doing the 5k were to meet at 8:30 at 687, Deck 4, aft. I felt confident that I could find that. I figured it would be close to Evolution, where I’d gone the previous morning for the DVC thing. Plus, Davis & I had just walked through the area the afternoon before.

I went down to Deck 4 and into the first set of doors I came to, just like the morning before. I walked straight in and through every. single. club.

No 687 to be found. And that was the name of the place, not its room number on the door - I looked for that, too, lol!

I finally came across some other lost people and then we found the right place. Had I only looked to the right when I’d come in those doors I would have found the hallway leading to it. Apparently not all the clubs are linked!

There were already a handful of other people in there. I signed in and picked up a number.

5f8f1930.jpg

They just had a stack of numbers there and would let you look through it if there was a particular number you wanted. No timing chip. I think there were 2 Cast Members there. After they’d gone over the particulars of the course, etc. and when it was time, they led us down to the gangplank and off the ship. We did have to have our Keys to the World to scan when exiting, but I was prepared for that one!

We gathered just in front of the ship and took a group photo with Runner Goofy who had shown up. He was ready to run, but unfortunately took off the wrong way and we had to go on without him. We then set off for the starting line, which was quite a ways away, right near the bicycle rental area.

No problem, though, the walk was a good warm-up!

The course went from the bicycle rental, down the path to the airstrip, around that bicycle loop, then down to the end of the airstrip where we turned around, repeated the loop, and finished back at the bicycle rental station. It was hot out there, even at 9:00 am, but I ran the whole way! And I got a pretty good time, too, even if somehow, my iPod was dead! Here’s a shot of the “official clock”, after I’d picked up and downed a cup of water:

1212e40d.jpg

f2949cbb.jpg

And a shot of the “Starting line” with some other runners finishing.

I took my small camera and held it in my hand the whole way. There was a trunk for stowing items, but I thought I might want to stop and take a picture or two along the way.

I didn’t.

Here I am on the long walk back to the ship:

895828da.jpg

Woo hoo! We all got these “winner” medals.

e19283bd.jpg

My destination awaits!

I was swimming upstream at this point, going back to the ship. We had gotten off the ship before the general going ashore time, but that time had come now, and everyone else was making their way to the island fun. I got a several congratulations and heard a few kids say, “she won!”

I didn’t tell them any differently!

I met the rest of my gang in the stateroom. They were raring to go and were about to give up on me, I think! They had already been down to breakfast, which they said was a madhouse.

I wanted to grab something and told them to go ahead without me, but they didn’t want to leave me now that I was back. We stopped in Cabanas for me to grab a banana and maybe some kind of pasty before we hit the beach.

Our first stop was the snorkeling beach. That’s when I realized I’d left the vouchers behind in the stateroom. We waited in the short line and after a bit of confusion due to my forgetfulness, were issued our snorkeling gear which consisted of snorkels, flippers, and a bright vest like they‘re wearing here:

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/c...castaway-cay/snorkel-lagoon-equipment-rental/

We found a couple of empty lounge chairs on which to stow our things, put on our gear and headed out into the water.

It took a bit for some of us to get used to breathing through the mouthpiece, for Luke especially. It’s not an everyday thing to breathe through one of those guys!

Once we were “ready” we hit the water. There’s a course to follow, if you want. Along the course are sunken treasures you don't want to miss taking a peek at. And the fish are everywhere! We saw lots of cool things, but we didn’t make it all the way around the course. It’s pretty far, and Allison was ready to head back after about 20-30 minutes or so. Luke and Davis weren’t too far behind and Davis said he about had to pull Luke back, he’d gotten so tired!

This is probably something we’d do again. And I’d recommend it for anyone interested in trying it out!

We hung out at our lounge chairs for a bit before deciding we were ready to change and go grab lunch.

We talked about a cruise to Alaska and even priced it out for 2013 but decided to wait until we can get two weeks off from work. That way, we can take a cruise to Alaska and then go to Walt Disney World later on in the year.

Our other plan is to take two weeks: Go on the same cruise we went on in May and then spend 10 nights at WDW. This going to Disney World for just a week is not our cup of tea. But that probably won't happen until 2014.

I know what you mean! The shorter your time spent in Disney World, the less you get to do! :sad:

I hope we do make it Alaska one day. My grandparents taught school in Kake, AK for a while back in the 50s. Grandma always talks fondly of it. They had to move back to the lower 50 (landing back in Louisiana, by the way - Granddaddy was from Springfield) when Grandma was pregnant with my Mom. They were located in such a remote area, Grandma didn't want to chance giving birth there with no hospital close by!

Those are some ambitious plans, girl! :thumbsup2

Just read all of your updates! Ahhh, what a fabulous vacation so far! During that talk with Lou Mongello, he told us that Howard and I should eventually try a cruise, but there's always something holding me back (mainly the whole seasickness thing although the option of having the meds is kind of comforting!). Wish you had more food pictures, haha, I'm so lured by those!

Just read all of your updates! Ahhh, what a fabulous vacation so far! During that talk with Lou Mongello, he told us that Howard and I should eventually try a cruise, but there's always something holding me back (mainly the whole seasickness thing although the option of having the meds is kind of comforting!). Wish you had more food pictures, haha, I'm so lured by those!

Yeah, I'm not so good with the food pictures! :laughing:

Cruising is different than what we normally do, but we had always been curious about whether we'd like it or not. Anything that takes time away from our Disney World vacationing is of course, not ideal, but other than that, we enjoyed the cruise!

There was one night when I took one of the seasickness tablets, but overall, it wasn't that bad. Of course, that experience will be different for everyone and there's probably no way to know until you're there how it will be for you. I felt like I'd had too much to drink more than sick to my stomach, but I tend to feel motion sickness in my head.

Chapter 15 - Castaway Continued
Wed heard we should go to Cookies Too for lunch instead of Cookies, as it might be less crowded at lunchtime since its further in the island. So, thats where we went. It was a buffet-style set up, and we easily made our way around the line and filled up our plates. The food was pretty good, if I remember right, but then again, maybe we were just extra hungry!

As our luck would have it, there were soft-serve ice cream machines there, too!

After wandering around a bit and checking out one of the nearby beaches, we decided wed go pick up our bikes and go for a ride. We had vouchers for our bike rentals, but I had left those on the ship as well. Once we had that sorted out, it was time to choose our bikes! The kids also had to pick up helmets, but Davis and I passed on those.

We started down the trail that Id run earlier that morning, so I made sure to point that out! We rode around the loop and then down to the end of the airstrip. The bike path continues on to the right at that point. We rode right behind some of the private cabanas. They looked so luxurious! Made me wish we had rented one, but, in reality I wouldnt pay that much ($500) just to rent one for the day. Although we did wonder if wed be caught trying to sneak in one of the empty-looking ones!

Somewhere along the way is an observation tower. We parked the bikes there and climbed up to the top where we were treated to a wonderful view of the island.

9c49a4bb.jpg

Kids at the top of the observation tower.

I was almost certain Id taken more pics during the bike ride. I know I was trying to use the video camera, too, though, so maybe not.

At the end of the bike path there is a gorgeous view of the water and a great photo spot. There were a couple of other families there when we arrived, so we helped each other out with family photos. Heres ours:

8c386f50.jpg

And heres some of the gorgeous surroundings:

8f021998.jpg

b057d7b3.jpg

While we were here some jet-skiers went by, playing out on the water.

11adc95c.jpg

Im not sure what time it was when we returned the bikes, but the kids were a bit on the tired side, so we decided to head back to the ship. We had left our big camera on the ship and I really wanted to take it back to the island and get a few good pictures. And I also really wanted some kind of souvenir from Castaway Cay. I think we had about an hour or so before sailing away from Castaway Cay, so we figured wed have plenty of time to do that. I grabbed the camera and we left the kids with instructions to stay in the room!!!

Was it worth it to fight the cruisers once again down that path, this time going into the island while everyone else was going back to the ship?

172d65d0.jpg

ec39464a.jpg

I thought so.

We took the tram in and I picked up a t-shirt from one of the shops. I didnt take a picture of it and I cant find one on the internet, either. Ill add a picture of it later.

Speaking of adding pictures later, here are a couple from the snorkeling beach that I forgot to put in the last chapter:

9268646c.jpg

7dd4f568.jpg

7ba9f9cf.jpg

And I had taken these earlier in the day, too:

b1771fd6.jpg

b35c1051.jpg

3ef7c490.jpg

But back to the mad-dash souvenir-picture-taking:

f3dd0d03.jpg

In the tram stop...

60d1e182.jpg

Even Disney's tram stops are well-themed.

c7c3b76a.jpg

b2ecca3e.jpg

2a0e2a0d.jpg

474bf72c.jpg

Trying to take pictures while aboard the moving tram...

11e17c78.jpg

...is not the best idea!

40a06da7.jpg

1bd4330b.jpg

6b730749.jpg

3723d53c.jpg

9abc282c.jpg

.....continued here, below

…continued

1ce6c893.jpg

18a8818c.jpg

e48b72c2.jpg

I was trying to zoom in on our stateroom.

6f2c2c4a.jpg

Of course, I no longer have any idea which one it is!

84b40ea5.jpg

And before we knew it, it was time to board the ship and sail away - back toward Port Canaveral.

This was waiting at our door at some point that day:

9329EE8F-6454-4B84-AB9A-BA3DEFDBADB4-30018-0000220D6EAB1AD0_zpsdf69fff7.jpg

We took the rest of the afternoon to explore the ship some more. We had been wanting to check out the D-Lounge, which is the family club. They’d been having fun activities the whole time, we’d just never had a chance to make it in there!

As our luck would have it, there was nothing going on when we stopped by. Technically, it was karaoke, but we didn’t really want to do that and there was only one other family in there. We did go through the art gallery at some point. I don’t know if it was that day or the day we did the Mid-Ship Detective Agency, but we enjoyed it.

We had also made several stops in to the lost and found desk, at least once a day, throughout the cruise. It’s not that we were that forgetful, it’s just that we were still looking for Luke’s lost shoes.

Oh.

I think I left that part out, didn’t I?

If I’ve already told this part, just skip it:

On the very first day, after swimming and trying out the aqua duck, when our stateroom was ready, we abandoned the pool area for our room. It wasn’t until sometime later that day that we realized Luke’s tennis shoes were no where to be found.

His brand new tennis shoes. The ones he had been saving to wear on this vacation, that he’d only just worn the very first time that day. We’d gone back and searched the area where we’d been sitting and the restroom where he’d changed, but no shoes.

After that I always had my eye out for those shoes, and made several stops to the lost and found in search of them. In fact, Allison and I even stopped there on the way back to the room the night we went down to the infirmary for her seasickness tablets. We never had any luck at that lost and found desk, but the cast members were quite helpful and apologetic each time.

Allison found the time to take a quick nap before dinner. While she was napping, Davis and Luke went down to the pool and I began packing.

Sad, right?

We had heard about the express walk-off on debarkation day. Basically, instead of packing your things and leaving your suitcases out in the hall the night before to be picked up, you take your own things off the ship, but you have to do it at 7:00 am. Yikes!

Early, yes, but we were in a hurry to get to Walt Disney World and cram in as much as we could of Epcot and Magic Kingdom on Sunday and we didn’t want to have to wait!

But first, dinner.

That night was out Animator’s Palate night. We were excited about this one - we’d heard great things about it!

f928f26d.jpg

More love for the port holes!

dcd2340c.jpg

8c626824.jpg

Kids at dinner!

The entertainment was good - Crush and other fish, etc. on the walls - and it’s a good thing, too, because something went wrong that night. I don’t even know what, but it took about an hour before we even got any food. Our server was very apologetic and we could tell from watching other servers that something was up, but we never knew what it was.

It wasn't every table, because we'd seen plenty of other food go by, but we weren't the only ones without food.

We went ahead and bid farewell to Palmer and Niks that night since we weren’t planning on going to breakfast the next morning. Niks kept trying to tell us that we might be there, but we gave them their tip envelopes anyway.

By the time we were done with our meal, it was a good thing we wanted to do the express walk-off because it was past time to have our bags out in the hallway.

We had gotten our breakfast dining rotation information earlier, but wouldn’t be needing that.

088c9161.jpg

We packed up the rest of our odds and ends except for the things we’d need in the morning and got ready for bed.

It was hard to be too sad about the cruise being over since Disney World was in our immediate future!

Wow! Your pictures of Castaway Cay put my measly pictures to shame.

Wasn't the last lookout on the bike tour simply gorgeous? I wish that we could have had a family picture taken there but there were quite a few people there taking pictures. By the time we made it to the fence, everybody had left.

I don't think that you mentioned before that Luke lost his shoes. I know that made both you and him sick thinking about those brand new shoes being lost.

Wow! Your pictures of Castaway Cay put my measly pictures to shame.

Wasn't the last lookout on the bike tour simply gorgeous? I wish that we could have had a family picture taken there but there were quite a few people there taking pictures. By the time we made it to the fence, everybody had left.

I don't think that you mentioned before that Luke lost his shoes. I know that made both you and him sick thinking about those brand new shoes being lost.

Thanks! I'm really glad we were able to take the big camera back out and get some great shots! Davis put some sort of filter on the lens to help try to capture the true colors since the sun was so bright out there!

Too bad we weren't on the bike path at the same time - I'm sure that would have been fun!

I went back and tried to see if I had mentioned the lost shoes, but I couldn't find where I had. I can't believe that I left that part out since it was such a big part of what was going on during that time! :headache: Those poor, brand new shoes!

I love that you got to take so many pics of the ship that had no one else around! You are like a VIP!!

You are so cute, with your "Can you tell it was my first time on a cruise ship?" I WILL BE THE SAME WAY. How can you not? Everything is so incredible and beautiful and perfect. I NEED TO GET ON ONE NOW.

Luke looked adorable in his cooking cookies get up! What a fun thing to do on a cruise! Your kids are going o have the best memories to look back on. I can imagine kids never want to leave Edge. Especially for AquaDuck night! Man, I can't imagine having that kind of mostly supervised independence on such a perfect trip. Let's go be kids again.

I am a HUGE creme brulee fan too. So perfect. I want some right now!

I am so curious to learn if I am a cruise of WDW person. If only through life we could live and have enough time at both always, every time.

AHHHHHH you did the Castaway Cay 5K that is so perfect! And I love the swag you got. Isn't the whole point of running races the free swag? :upsidedow I may have to do that so I can be as cool as you! And you did it fast and without stopping? I'm so proud!

That snorkeling thing sounds fun, but I can imagine it's exhausting. Swimming is such a workout!!

Man, when we are rich enough to afford a cruise AND as much time as we could possibly want at Disney (and WWoHP, of course), we'll rent a private cabana too. It'll be so great.

I love your family photo at the end of the bike path!

What? The cruise is practically over already?! Sad. But at least I get some WDW now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter