Vacation Planner or on your own?

rroberts

The family that vacations together, stays together
Would love your opinion's.

Our family travels to WDW about twice a year. In the past we have always done the planning and arrangements ourselves. This year we are doing a land and sea (and land again) trip in July. This will be only the second time we have used a vacation planner. The first time it was a family friend and there were many issues. But we learned a lot about how things work at Disney. Since then we have always done the planning ourselves. The last trip we had almost two weeks and three families. Worked great. I listen to a particular web podcast and they mention a travel company all the time. One of the folks is usually part of the crew doing the podcast. So I decided to use them on our cruise. Maybe I am expecting too much. But so far they gave us wrong pricing. Wrong info on passports. Had my 11 year old daughter as 11 months, which changes a lot. They also have not given any suggestions about booking anything on the cruise, like Palo. Should I expect more or should I just do the planning myself?

Our trip after this one is in December and we will have 4 families and about 20 people. I've been the coordinator for the multi family trips and am always presenting options and opinions. Since we have never done a cruise I was hoping the Disney planning company was going to do the same.

So should I just do the planning or should I not be so grumpy and trust the planners?

Well, I have never used a planner because I'm a control freak with exceptional organization abilities! But seriously, I don't think I would use a planner. I would stress more about the planner planning my vacation than I would about planning the vacation myself. But if you trust them (although it sounds like it's gotten off to a rough start) and are willing to give up control, go for it. But there are SO MANY Disney planning resources available it's unlikely you would really need a planner.

To the OP, I think you have answered your own question. With the misinformation and mistakes by the "planner" you know you could do a better job yourself. You are going to stress yourself completely if you let that person continue. Take back your vacation.

I agree with PPs that you should do it yourself. We are taking our first Disney cruise in December and although my DH and I have cruised in the past, it's been 21 years since our last cruise so I kind of feel like a newbie. But with that said, I have found some great information on the Disney cruise boards about the cruises, passports, etc. and as the pp's have said I would be more stressed out wondering what a vacation planner was doing for me than for me to research and do things myself (especially if he/she got ages wrong and gave out incorrect information regarding passports). If you have the time to research, I would do all the planning yourself. Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter