Vacation Home?'s

disneygirlatheart

DIS Veteran
Hi! We have rented a vacation home in the Disney area for 10 days. Has anyone had trouble with the keypad entry most homes have? I am kind o nervous not having a key when we get there, and no one to check in with. Also a little off topic Has anyone rented a vaction home then ate out every night? I see so many places I want to try, and really don't want to cook. We already have Adr's for 5 of the nights.

When it gets closer to the vacation date I am sure the owner will send you a key code and instructions to use the key pad. May appear like this

Your Code is #
You will need this code to unlock the door.
Electronic Lock-Press each digit in the order then press unlock button (icon of an opened padlock on button) and lock will open. Press lock button (icon of a locked padlock) to lock.
This code will be changed at about noon on your departure day. So be certain to bring all your belongings with you if you go out or to the parks that day.

When we put our vaca home together we purchased a grill and I never used it. I refused to cook on vacation.

When we were there in Sept. We purchased some food and cooked on the grill. It was easy because we have a large group when we go down so there was a lot of help. I have to say we will be doing some cooking on the grill in the future just not every night.

There are way to many choices to cook every night. I think breakfast is the best in vaca homes. You save a lot of cash and have a healthier one.

The house that we're renting apparently has a keypad, but it's just for storage for the key (I guess like a realtor's lockbox?) - the house itself has a regular lock. So you may not have to deal with the keypad that much.

We only plan to eat breakfast at home - maybe a dinner or two, but I can guarantee it will be takeout!

most homes withban electronic keypad will also have thetype as described by nannajen as a back up so you should be ok .As for eating out - why not you are on vacation and there are so many great paces to eat - you don't have to cook clean or do anything like that just because you are in a rental home .

nanannjen said:
The house that we're renting apparently has a keypad, but it's just for storage for the key (I guess like a realtor's lockbox?) - the house itself has a regular lock. So you may not have to deal with the keypad that much.

We only plan to eat breakfast at home - maybe a dinner or two, but I can guarantee it will be takeout!

I was expecting the electronic keypad at our villa (we checked in yesterday :cool1: ) but after a 16 hr car ride & three attempts at entering it & the door not opening I realized it was just a lock box with the house key inside :rolleyes: Duh!!!

Have a great time... I can't believe we never considered a rental before this trip!!

Having used both I have to say for our experience it is easier with the key pad. Only because we go down with a large group and we al split up so everyone has the code and can come and go as they please. It works best for us.

Thanks for all the help. I am glad to know I am not the only one not wanting to cook!! Thanks for the info on the lockbox. It does not sound like anyone had any trouble with it so maybe I want either.

I don't like to cook at home, so I'm definetly not doing it on vacation. We enjoy all the extra space, but the kitchen is definetly not why we rent vacation homes.

Strangely some homes have both,recommended by MC's and never quite understood why.
There is an electronic key pad to enter.Then there is also coded lock box for key to stay in.That way if a guest loses a key,they can still get in,and if battery on electronic key pad fails...lock box key is back-up!!!!
I like to eat alot at the villa ,but definately have a few character meals each visit.

Enjoy your holiday,
Lynn

Personally, I prefer the keypad/lockboxes to having to schlepp to some remote management company to pick up/drop off a key.

We ordinarily have breakfast in the house, but maybe only one or two other meals (lunch or dinner), and only if we've decided we'd rather rest up at home than go somewhere. And, that's usually just boiling a pot of spagetti or baking a couple of frozen pizzas.

From all the reviews I've read it sounds like these vacation homes are a great deal. I would like to caution you against one owner:

http://www.sunstaterentals.com/

I would stay away from this owner as we ran into a lot of problems and his house was filthy. Bugs and dust everywhere. Customer service took a severe plunge after he was paid. Luckily I insisted on Visa for the payment (did pay in check for the non refundable deposit). We took pictures of the home, and Visa agreed with us. We got our money back.

I don't mean to be a downer, since most reveiws are glowing. I just want to issue a heads up on this guy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter