• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Vacation Club resorts

carolynb

Mouseketeer
I have been looking at the prices of vacation club resorts and wondered if you can book a stay there just like the other Disney resorts without being a member.

I have been looking at the prices of vacation club resorts and wondered if you can book a stay there just like the other Disney resorts without being a member.

Yup. Disney holds a certain amount of villas at each resort for cash reservations. They're listed as "Disney's Deluxe Villa Resorts".

1) Disney is still Disney.
2) The will be happy to take your cash for a DVC room.

I just sayed at OKW on a buy 4 get 3 free. Great way to see the bigger places, I must warn you, you may like it so much you may become a DVC member like we did before we left.
It was great staying there with all that room. we have stayed at the moderates and this was so amazing to stay there and the washer and dryer was fantastic. Have fun

You can get the special offers at the villas if they have any rooms available. We have used our AAA discount also. With the AAA discount we have to price packages both ways since, like when we were there in Aug., we did better with the room discount than with the free dining. We have stayed at the OKW years ago but have been staying at the BWV since they opened. We love the 2 bedroom villa and like being able to walk to the Studios and Epcot.

The package deals don't apply to the DVC hotels, do they?

To the OP ~ we are a cash reservation at BLT.

carolynb ~ We had an existing reservation at BLT with dining and park tickets. Then we received a 40% off pin code and applied it to our current reservation and upgraded to a 2 bdrm villa at BLT which includes dining and park tickets for July 2010.:yay:

OP we rented points last year from a member here on the DIS, found him on the rent/trade board. While everything went smoothly and he was a gem to work with, I was not crazy about being unable to control the reservation. The DVC owner has total control of the ressie so if you want/need to change or add anything you cannot call Disney directly, the owner must do it. IMO renting points can save you a ton of money and enable you to stay at a DVC resort and I would not hesitate to do it again. This year we were lucky enough to get a 40% off PIN code so we are paying cash and staying at BCV, however without that PIN code we would most likely be renting again. Oh and we are staying at the BCV with a package. Hope this helps:thumbsup2

How much is the AAA discount on deluxe or deluxe villas? I know we can get 10% on moderate resorts. We are going in May. Thanks.

how much is the aaa discount on deluxe or deluxe villas? I know we can get 10% on moderate resorts. We are going in may. Thanks.

15%, as long as they have rooms available that are allocated for the rate. Hope this helps! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter