Vacation Club Gifts

Superman81

Mouseketeer
I know this could have gone in the DVC section, but it is specific to cruises. Do DVC members recieve any kind of gift when they cruise and if so what is it? Thanks.

When we cruised in July we got a nice wooden box with DVC lanyards inside. We also got little gifts each day just by stopping by the DVC desk on deck 4.

As an FYI, DCL doesn't always know you're a DVC member. On our first (and for now, only) cruise as DVC members, we did not receive any of the free gifts or invitation to the DVC member reception.

However, once we asked the representative at the DVC kiosk on Deck 4 about it, they gave us the gift and pins.

We used the DVC bag to carry our stuff while at Castaway Cay. While snorkeling, we returned and found a DVC member pin sitting on our bag!

In May we got the wooden box, lanyards and a nice key ring. If you stop by the desk you can get something. They also give stuff away at the presentation for members, this is listed in the Navigator. My understanding is at the sales presentation for everyone they give stuff away also. We have not done this one. When you board and go to your room, if you do not have the DVC magnets on your door, just go by the DVC desk and let them know you are a member. Then you should get the stuff.

We just got off the Magic. There was no gift waiting for us in our stateroom, even though I had my TA (Dreams Unlimited) add "DVC members" to our reservation. The Navigator listed the DVC member event, so we got our goodies and then some, as I was selected to go on stage for some fun trivia questions. Everybody did receive a red lanyard and a red hat during the event.
We stopped by the DVC desk later on that day, and had them add us to their list of onboard DVC members. We were then given 2 door magnets, a nice wooden box with more lanyards, more hats, and a pin.

Can someone post a pic of the box, just wanted to see if it looked like the DVC wooden box that they sent DVC members with points books a few years back.

Thanks

I'm new to both DVC and DCL ... do these DVC gifts apply only to those cruising on points, or to DVC cruisers in general?

I'm new to both DVC and DCL ... do these DVC gifts apply only to those cruising on points, or to DVC cruisers in general?

My understanding it is for all DVC members, not just the ones crusing on points.:thumbsup2 We will find out this Saturday!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter