V&A's on honeymoon?

P&L@WDW

Mouseketeer
Hi - I am VERY early to start my planning, I know, but we are planning a Disneymoon. One thing that my fiancé REALLY wants to do is the Chef's Table at V&A's. I've always wanted to dine at V&A's as well, and never had the chance.

I've read a bunch of threads and seen different suggestions on how to book - some say online, some say just call Disney Dining, and others say call the restaurant directly because V&A handles its own reservations and the other methods don't work.

What's my best option? Booking online? Calling directly?

We got the Chef's Table for our anniversary and I called Victoria & Albert's directly as they have their reservations desks

407-939-8687

Have some flexibility. We were able to get the Chef's Table but it was not available for the date of our anniversary but it was available for another during our trip. She then put me on a waiting list for the exact date of our anniversary but I never got a call that there were cancellations.

Good luck. I had to call several times until I got to speak to a person. I never left a message as is mentioned and just kept calling back.

Hi - I am VERY early to start my planning, I know, but we are planning a Disneymoon. One thing that my fiancé REALLY wants to do is the Chef's Table at V&A's. I've always wanted to dine at V&A's as well, and never had the chance.

I've read a bunch of threads and seen different suggestions on how to book - some say online, some say just call Disney Dining, and others say call the restaurant directly because V&A handles its own reservations and the other methods don't work.

What's my best option? Booking online? Calling directly?
If you do get the Chef's Table, let me know and I can give you some hints that the chefs talked about.

I called at the earliest moment on day 180, left a message (which I understand placed me in queue), got called back, had a 10 day trip, and was able to choose from a couple of dates over the ten days. This was a few years ago. Good luck and congratulations!!!!!

If you do get the Chef's Table, let me know and I can give you some hints that the chefs talked about.

Not on my honeymoon but we do want to try to get the chef’s table again and would love insider tips /hints.

:flower3:

Not on my honeymoon but we do want to try to get the chef’s table again and would love insider tips /hints.

:flower3:

1. Share a wine pairing. Some people will tell you "that is cheating the system" but the people in the kitchen would prefer you to share a wine pairing. It really isn't "sharing" but rather one person orders the wine pairing and drinks half the glass and then the other person drinks the rest of the glass. The chefs mentioned several times that they have seen tooo many people get the wine pairing per person and then end up drunk. According to the chefs, this is suppose to be an experience of food not wine and a chance to learn from the chefs. Drunk people will either ask stupid questions just to ask them or just sit at the table.

2. With that being said, talk to the chefs. Again, the chefs said that too many people sit back and just watch or talk to each other instead of to the chefs. They are there not only to cook for the restaurant but also to answer your questions. My wife and I love to cook and are constantly trying to learn new cooking hints and tips. So, we got up from the table and stood against the railing and asked questions; not just one or two but a lot. The chefs love to talk and are excited to share their knowledge and experience. We used this as an opportunity to "get inside the head of a chef" and learn from them. After our meal, the chefs mentioned several times how much they enjoyed being able to talk about what they do to people who are willing to ask questions and learn.

3. Get up and watch. The chefs mentioned that too many people just sit at the table and don't get up to watch them cook. My wife and I wanted to sooooo much grab a knife and stand next to the chefs have them teach us how to do what they do but obviously you can't do that.

4. Take a break. After the main courses but before dessert, go to the restroom or walk around. They actually encouraged us to get up and walk around. We didn't want to leave as we were afraid we would miss something but they are said that it is better for you if you get up and walk around a little. To learn the Chef's Table, I had to put my jacket back on which was no big deal.

That is all I can think of for right now but if I remember more, I will edit and add them.

We got the Chef's Table for our anniversary and I called Victoria & Albert's directly as they have their reservations desks

407-939-8687

Have some flexibility. We were able to get the Chef's Table but it was not available for the date of our anniversary but it was available for another during our trip. She then put me on a waiting list for the exact date of our anniversary but I never got a call that there were cancellations.

Good luck. I had to call several times until I got to speak to a person. I never left a message as is mentioned and just kept calling back.

I got the "we'll call you back" canned message as well and called a CL concierge instead. She had me put on the wait list. I was asked if I wanted a different date (T-Day) but opted to gamble with that day only. The concierge is also attempting to get me a reservation for AP on Thanksgiving Day which is currently not accepting reservations for that date. She made me a definite reservation for the Brown Derby and said she'd cancel that one if either V+A or AP opens up.

We went a few years ago, and I called the restaurant directly at about 9 in the morning. When it picked up to leave a message, I hung up and called again. And again, and again. I psycho called for about 20 minutes, then someone picked up. They were able to book me on the last night of my trip. It was kind of iffy--I had a split stay between 2 DVC properties, and the person who answered said they wouldn't be able to book it during my second stay until I hit 180 days from it. I asked if she'd try, and she was able to after all. That one night was the only one available on our trip, so I think me being very persistent paid off.

Like someone above mentioned, we split a wine pairing--I'm a regular drinker (several times a week) and what they would have served in a single pairing to one person is a lot of wine! I'd have stumbled out if we hadn't shared.

If for some reason you can't get Chef's Table, the Queen Victoria Room is an awesome experience. It's the same menu as the Chef's Table and there are only four tables -- with each table very staggered, so no one is at the same point during dinner.

I've always called V&A for every reservation we have done there.
Hope you enjoy it as much as we do!

We were not able to go to V&A on our Disney honeymoon (it didn't open until a few months later), but went a few years later. We still believe it was the best dining experience we have ever had.

If you have time to enjoy it (don't plan anything else that day after about 3pm), it would be absolutely magical for a honeymoon, especially if you are staying at the Grand Floridian.

We are going back this year for our 30th anniversary and V&A was the top of our must do list. Getting the ADR wasn't easy, so if you think you may want to do this, get it first. Call them directly as well as trying to make the ADR on MDE. I got a reservation in the Queen Victoria room over the phone when the ap showed no availability on day 180. Took it since it was the only res open the entire week we are there. Were put on the wait list for our preferred day. Two days later I happened to check MDE and there was an opening on our preferred day that apparently had just opened up. I took it. (Talking to the folks at V&A, they don't really start looking at wait list requests until about a week or so in advance so checking MDE or Touring Plans may be the only way to find out about openings between 180 and close to vacation time).

I've called for the last few trips and find that more reliable. They are very personally service oriented so it's the best way I think. If you can't get the Chef's Table, I highly recommend the Queen Victoria Room. We've always felt very pampered there (that's also true of the main dining room but a little bit more in the QVR and we've never done the Chef's Table). I don't think you'll be disappointed whatever you do. We're planning to buy AP this year and going forward for the future with the intent of doing 3-4 short trips per year. One of my goals is to hit V&A for each one. We've done it 8 or so times already but with APs I hope to do it many many more times.

Does 180+10 not apply at V&A for on-site guests?

It applies, but when I first looked in MDE about 5 minutes into the window I found nothing in the main room or QVR for the entire time. When I called V&A later that morning they showed one opening for the entire 10 day period which was on day 7 of my stay. I took it and got an email confirmation (different than what you get through MDE) later that day.

It was a day or two later in the middle of the day when I happened to find an ADR in MDE for my preferred day. Given the limited number of total tables, I was stunned, but obviously happy.

One advantage to calling is that they can see availability for the main room, QVR and the Chef's table over a two week period all at once. I had not thought of calling directly before 180 +10 so don't know if they could/would have taken a reservation for me outside the window.

It applies, but when I first looked in MDE about 5 minutes into the window I found nothing in the main room or QVR for the entire time. When I called V&A later that morning they showed one opening for the entire 10 day period which was on day 7 of my stay. I took it and got an email confirmation (different than what you get through MDE) later that day.

It was a day or two later in the middle of the day when I happened to find an ADR in MDE for my preferred day. Given the limited number of total tables, I was stunned, but obviously happy.

One advantage to calling is that they can see availability for the main room, QVR and the Chef's table over a two week period all at once. I had not thought of calling directly before 180 +10 so don't know if they could/would have taken a reservation for me outside the window.
I tried to make a reservation for V+A before the reservation window (180+10) opened and was politely turned down:(.

Thank you all for the tips, and encouragement! It sounds like calling directly is the best option. I'll be getting my fiancé up the morning in question to be calling too!

Thank you all for the tips, and encouragement! It sounds like calling directly is the best option. I'll be getting my fiancé up the morning in question to be calling too!
Good luck and enjoy it!!!

Sorry to butt in, rather than starting a new thread, but how much is the wine pairing?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter