Using Park Tickets Before Check In

PixieDustPrincessXO

Earning My Ears
I booked a Stay Play and Dine package to check in January 5 (when the promotion starts). If I was to arrive in Orlando on the morning of January 4th and stay at a non-disney hotel that night could I use my magic band to go to the parks that day if I had not checked in yet to my Disney resort?

I'm not sure if you can use your MB as tickets before your package starts, but you CAN get your park tickets up to 3 days before check-in by going to Guest Relations outside and park or at Downtown Disney and ask for early ticket pickup. Just make sure to have ID and your reservation information.

I'm not sure if you can use your MB as tickets before your package starts, but you CAN get your park tickets up to 3 days before check-in by going to Guest Relations outside and park or at Downtown Disney and ask for early ticket pickup. Just make sure to have ID and your reservation information.

That's correct, and I think also that you should be able to use your MB as soon as your tickets are activated.

We have an on-site reservation package for four nights with seven days worth of park tickets. We are staying off-site the first three days. When I purchased them, I assumed I could start using the park tickets while we were off site. I am wondering if I will be able to make fast pass selections for those dates? Will Disneys website assume the start date of my tickets is the day of check-in? Will I be able to adjust this?

We have an on-site reservation package for four nights with seven days worth of park tickets. We are staying off-site the first three days. When I purchased them, I assumed I could start using the park tickets while we were off site. I am wondering if I will be able to make fast pass selections for those dates? Will Disneys website assume the start date of my tickets is the day of check-in? Will I be able to adjust this?

When you ask specific questions, please post the dates so we can give more specific answers.

I'm going to make up dates for my answer so they will be more easily understood.

Let's say:
Your WDW Resort Package will start Sept. 10.
Your first day at the parks (off-site) will be Sept. 7.

You can book advance FP+ 60 days in advance of Sept. 10 for the 4 days of your WDW resort stay. You can book all 4 of those FP+ days at the same time.

You can book advance FP+ 30 days in advance of Sept. 7 for the 3 days of your off-site resort stay. You can only book ONE of those 3 days the first booking night, and then book the next, then the next, one-day-at-a-time, as each date becomes 30 days out.

When you are in Orlando, on Sept. 7 you can take your WDW Resort Pkg. info and your ID to any Guest WDW Relations
and the CM will activate your Package tickets (they will be fully usable via your resort MagicBands as soon as the tickets are activated.)

(Obviously, you can change my made-up dates to the actual dates of your trip.)

Last edited:
All of the above said...

What kind of WDW on-site resort "Package" did you book?
Are the buying park tickets in the package NECESSARY to getting the room and/or dining deal?

If the tickets are NOT necessary to get the resort Package, I'd call ASAP and cancel the tickets from the Package, and then re-buy the tickets as stand-alone.
That way the tickets will be fully ready on your 60-days out, and 30-days out, for booking FP+
AND, you won't need to go to a Guest Relations in order to activate the tickets before they can be used.

When you ask specific questions, please post the dates so we can give more specific answers.

I'm going to make up dates for my answer so they will be more easily understood.

Let's say:
Your WDW Resort Package will start Sept. 10.
Your first day at the parks (off-site) will be Sept. 7.

You can book advance FP+ 60 days in advance of Sept. 10 for the 4 days of your WDW resort stay. You can book all 4 of those FP+ days at the same time.

You can book advance FP+ 30 days in advance of Sept. 7 for the 3 days of your off-site resort stay. You can only book ONE of those 3 days the first booking night, and then book the next, then the next, one-day-at-a-time, as each date becomes 30 days out.

When you are in Orlando, on Sept. 7 you can take your WDW Resort Pkg. info and your ID to any Guest WDW Relations
and the CM will activate your Package tickets (they will be fully usable via your resort MagicBands as soon as the tickets are activated.)

(Obviously, you can change my made-up dates to the actual dates of your trip.)

Hello, Just want to be sure if I understood: I will be checking in on Dec 19, but I am planning to go Epcot

Sorry... I hit the button...
Again: I will be checking in on Dec 19, planning to go to Epcot on Dec 15. It is doable?
Thank you in advance

Sorry... I hit the button...
Again: I will be checking in on Dec 19, planning to go to Epcot on Dec 15. It is doable?
Thank you in advance

Sorry, but NO.

If you have WDW Resort PACKAGE tickets,(Dec. 19 check-in,) the earliest that you can activate those tickets would be Dec. 16.

That's one reason why I suggested doing what I described in Post #6 above.
(If possible.)

Sorry, but NO.

If you have WDW Resort PACKAGE tickets,(Dec. 19 check-in,) the earliest that you can activate those tickets would be Dec. 16.

That's one reason why I suggested doing what I described in Post #6 above.
(If possible.)

Thank you fot your answer. And, what if I buy a one day ticket from UCT? Will I be able to use it?

Thank you fot your answer. And, what if I buy a one day ticket from UCT? Will I be able to use it?

You can't buy a one-day discounted ticket.
(Disney doesn't wholesale one-day and two-day tickets.)

Regardless, that would cost way, WAY more than just adding another day to a multi-day ticket.
(Like $90 more, per person.)

Please, can you tell us what kind of Resort Package you bought?

OK, there's this...

If (IF) you must buy tickets to get the Resort Package deal, you COULD call and reduce your tickets to the 1-day or 2-day MINIMUM required for the package.

Then, order SEPARATE, stand-alone tickets with the actual full number of days you intend to use on this trip.
These stand-alone tickets would be fully ready to use at ANY TIME before or during your on-site stay.

Then, just HOLD (keep unused) the tickets you bought for the package to use and/or upgrade on a future WDW trip.
You won't be wasting any money, as the unused tickets will hold their value (even increase in value, when ticket prices
rise in the future.)

Last edited:
OK, there's this...

If (IF) you must buy tickets to get the Resort Package deal, you COULD call and reduce your tickets to the 1-day or 2-day MINIMUM required for the package.

Then, order SEPARATE, stand-alone tickets with the actual full number of days you intend to use on this trip.
These stand-alone tickets would be fully ready to use at ANY TIME before or during your on-site stay.

Then, just HOLD (keep unused) the tickets you bought for the package to use and/or upgrade on a future WDW trip.
You won't be wasting any money, as the unused tickets will hold their value (even increase in value, when ticket prices
rise in the future.)

Thank you so much! I have FD.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter