Using non-Disney gift cards for food

Keaganeq

Earning My Ears
We're thinking about using VISA (non-Disney) gift cards for food this trip. Has anyone done this and experienced any problems? Can you use them at the food carts? Do you get a receipt with the remaining balance or have to track it yourself?
Thanks in advance. :)

I have found that any gift cards I have had (mine have been mastercard I think) are fine to use once but if their is any balance left on them I normally couldn't get them to work again. Of course the ones I was using were rebate ones and that might have made the difference. I just know that some places couldn't take them at all and as soon as they were used once I couldn't get them to work again on property. When I have gotten them again and wanted to use them at Disney I have taken them to a shop and used them to buy a disney giftcard (before I used them anywhere- those I have used once and had a balance left on I found Walmart/Target/some grocery stores were my best bet for using them again).

We used a Visa one that DH got as a gift...no problem at all!

My husband gets gift cards all the time and that's how we pay for our Disney trips. We track our purchases ourselves and be warned that once you get down to a certain level (we think it's twice the amount of what you want to purchase but not quite sure), the card will be declined. We use the cards every place we can - kiosks, quick service, table service, gift shops at the parks, gift shops at the resort, etc. But - we also make sure we have about $20 each in cash just in case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter