Using chosen names for transgender teens

D2the5

Earning My Ears
We have an upcoming family trip to WDW in December. We have 2 transgender foster children going. I know that I have to use their legal name for reservations and to purchase tickets. Is there a way to have their preferred name connected to the magic band?

Thanks,

I don't know that your have to use their legal names for reservations and tickets. I certainly didn't have to for my transitioning teen.

Minors aren't required to have ID, they just need an adult who will vouch for their identity and to know the matching ancillary information (birthdate, phone number, address, etc)

We have an upcoming family trip to WDW in December. We have 2 transgender foster children going. I know that I have to use their legal name for reservations and to purchase tickets. Is there a way to have their preferred name connected to the magic band?

Thanks,

Since they are children they will not be asked for ID so I would put their chosen name on all reservations (except plane tickets if you fly). This way wherever they scan or an RFID picks up their name they will have their chosen names.

Also if you are staying onsite and ordering MagicBands you can have them printed inside with their chosen name. Note that is just for fun, it will not be seen by anyone or any machine - just you. The MagicBand holds no information and has no brain - it connects to the info you put in MDE - so it is important to register them on ticket and hotel by chosen name.

Since they are children they will not be asked for ID so I would put their chosen name on all reservations (except plane tickets if you fly). This way wherever they scan or an RFID picks up their name they will have their chosen names.

Also if you are staying onsite and ordering MagicBands you can have them printed inside with their chosen name. Note that is just for fun, it will not be seen by anyone or any machine - just you. The MagicBand holds no information and has no brain - it connects to the info you put in MDE - so it is important to register them on ticket and hotel by chosen name.
Just to clarify, info from your magic band can sometimes be seen by others. As you come to the exit of Small World, it will occassionally pick up your name off of your magic band and display it on the large screen with the various ways to say goodbye in different languages. I can't recall if there are any other locations in WDW that display the info like that.

To the OP, you can definitely use chosen names for any person regardless of age for magic bands and any resort reservation for minors.

Just to clarify, info from your magic band can sometimes be seen by others. As you come to the exit of Small World, it will occassionally pick up your name off of your magic band and display it on the large screen with the various ways to say goodbye in different languages. I can't recall if there are any other locations in WDW that display the info like that.

To the OP, you can definitely use chosen names for any person regardless of age for magic bands and any resort reservation for minors.

Yes, and that information comes from the name one is registered as in MDE (hotel/tickets) not the nickname people might put on back on their MB. The MB has no info in it, it taps in to the info in your MDE.

The main point of the MB printed name is to differentiate who they belong to for the guest, and it can be fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter