Using borrowed points

Liam518

Earning My Ears
i am currently in process of purchasing points resale. The contract I bid on has no 2019 points but full points 2020 and on. My UY is September, so I was hoping to book a trip February 2020 borrowing from my 2020 points. Do I have to borrow first, or just book normal and the points will just automatically be “pulled” from my 2020 points? I don’t want to pull anymore than I need, but obviously I won’t know exactly what I need until I see what’s available. I will be a brand new owner, and though I understand the concept of banking/borrowing, I’m not exactly sure about the actual process.

A Feb 2020 trip will fall in your Sept 2019 UY. So you'll need to borrow points for that trip.

i am currently in process of purchasing points resale. The contract I bid on has no 2019 points but full points 2020 and on. My UY is September, so I was hoping to book a trip February 2020 borrowing from my 2020 points. Do I have to borrow first, or just book normal and the points will just automatically be “pulled” from my 2020 points? I don’t want to pull anymore than I need, but obviously I won’t know exactly what I need until I see what’s available. I will be a brand new owner, and though I understand the concept of banking/borrowing, I’m not exactly sure about the actual process.

It will tell you that you need to borrow and have you give the authorization to do it all as part of booking. First you search for the room and then select one that's available. The next step is to tell it what points to use and that's when it will indicate you need to borrow etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter