Using a Travel Provider for Bibs

Sailormoon2

DIS Veteran
I know when you book through a designated agent to secure an event Bib (like Acclaim) you have to add on minimum 2 days hotel and 2 park tickets (I believer, ratios may vary) BUT what I am wondering if you are then paying a combo price would this allow you to cancel and get refunded for everything? INCLUDING THE BIB? I realize their combination may cost more than what I could piece together myself BUT IF IT COULD SERVE AS INSURANCE, since RD no longer allows deferrals, would it be a potentially safer "work around"? Has anyone had success cancelling on a Travel Agent and getting a BIB refund?? (I obviously don't want to cancel, but do not want to safe guard in case my friend's cancer returns and she can no longer run/travel)

I know when you book through a designated agent to secure an event Bib (like Acclaim) you have to add on minimum 2 days hotel and 2 park tickets (I believer, ratios may vary) BUT what I am wondering if you are then paying a combo price would this allow you to cancel and get refunded for everything? INCLUDING THE BIB? I realize their combination may cost more than what I could piece together myself BUT IF IT COULD SERVE AS INSURANCE, since RD no longer allows deferrals, would it be a potentially safer "work around"? Has anyone had success cancelling on a Travel Agent and getting a BIB refund?? (I obviously don't want to cancel, but do not want to safe guard in case my friend's cancer returns and she can no longer run/travel)

I don't know about other travel providers, but Acclaim Travel allows you to cancel up to a certain date pre-race with a minor penalty (I think it's like $50). You might want to look into a bib/package from them since they advertise it.

I booked with Pegasus and was told that after we paid in full we could no longer be refunded. So maybe it differs per agency.

Just as an FYI. I have booked room (including and excluding dining package) with runDisney, and they offer insurance for your trip that includes coverage for the race fees. This year, I didn't use them for Marathon Weekend because I couldn't apply the AP room only discount without adding on dining, and it was cheaper for me to book using the AP room only discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter