• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Using a Disney gift card through the Shopkick app

Hpahoresky21

Earning My Ears
Has anyone redeemed their kicks for a Disney gift card through the Shopkick app? If so, have you redeemed them in the park? Do you have to use the whole balance at once? I'm going to Disney World in two weeks and have saved enough kicks for quite a bit of gift cards. I just wanted to know if anyone has had experience using the mobile gift cards in the park? Thanks everyone!

I redeemed for a Disney gc but I loaded the balance onto the Disney giftcard site and transferred it to a different card. It seemed like the easiest option for me.

I redeemed for a Disney gc but I loaded the balance onto the Disney giftcard site and transferred it to a different card. It seemed like the easiest option for me.
How do I go about doing this. That seems like it would be more convenient than pulling my phone out all the time. Can you tell me the site? Thank you.

How do I go about doing this. That seems like it would be more convenient than pulling my phone out all the time. Can you tell me the site? Thank you.
  • Go to disneygiftcard.com
  • Under "manage cards", choose "transfer balance"
  • Create an account or log in.
  • Click "add a card" and enter the information for a physical Disney GC that you have in your possession. Don't worry if it has a zero balance. It will still work.
  • Click "add a card" again and enter the info for the digital GC.
  • Make sure that the physical GC is listed as your primary card. You are going to transfer the balance from the digital GC to it.
  • Click the transfer balance button under the digital GC.
  • Click the "transfer balance" button on the next page and the funds will be moved from your digital GC to the physical GC.
  • Make sure that the balances are correct before deleting any cards from your account.

• Go to disneygiftcard.com
  • Under "manage cards", choose "transfer balance"
  • Create an account or log in.
  • Click "add a card" and enter the information for a physical Disney GC that you have in your possession. Don't worry if it has a zero balance. It will still work.
  • Click "add a card" again and enter the info for the digital GC.
  • Make sure that the physical GC is listed as your primary card. You are going to transfer the balance from the digital GC to it.
  • Click the transfer balance button under the digital GC.
  • Click the "transfer balance" button on the next page and the funds will be moved from your digital GC to the physical GC.
  • Make sure that the balances are correct before deleting any cards from your account.
Thank you so much!

Last time I check Disney cards cost more "Kicks" then Best buy cards.... So guess what Best Buy sales and let's you buy with Best BUY Gift Cards...…. DISNEY GIFT CARDS.. you get more bang for your KICKS

Last time I check Disney cards cost more "Kicks" then Best buy cards.... So guess what Best Buy sales and let's you buy with Best BUY Gift Cards...…. DISNEY GIFT CARDS.. you get more bang for your KICKS
Best Buy doesn’t permit you to use a GC to buy third party GCs anymore.

Guess not all the stores know it.. I just bought two of them yesterday,
You got lucky. Their policy changed prohibit 3rd party GC purchases with a BB GC over a year ago. I wouldn’t advocate that others try it.

Best buy GC cost the same amount of kicks as Disney GCs, it's just that Disney has a higher threshold to redeem (minimum Disney is $25, min BB is $5). However if you find a unicorn like you have, then yes getting kicks (or other rewards) on the BB purchase is better. Unfortunately after the system change last year it is more rare find a location you can do that. For new folks, I'd only redeem for BB if you have another use for it in case the store doesn't allow it.

I just started doing shopkick ths week after reading so much about it, how long did it take you to get to the 6000 range to get the Disney giftcard? I did Walmart yesterday for 600 and target today for 150. Can I go back to Walmart again? I notices a few things are not avab for scan cause I scanned them yesterday

You can go back daily but not all offers are available. How fast I accumulate kicks can vary greatly. It really depends on what is on offer for shopping. Some weekends can have higher walk-ins available. I've found that it's not a huge money maker for me but I find it fun if I'm already at Target or the Mall.

Has anyone redeemed their kicks for a Disney gift card through the Shopkick app? If so, have you redeemed them in the park? Do you have to use the whole balance at once? I'm going to Disney World in two weeks and have saved enough kicks for quite a bit of gift cards. I just wanted to know if anyone has had experience using the mobile gift cards in the park? Thanks everyone!

Like others above, if I cash out Shopkick for Disney gift cards, then I just load them to my Disney Gift Card account online and mark them as "used" in Shopkick, otherwise it gets confusing later. I just did this method Sunday.

I just started doing shopkick ths week after reading so much about it, how long did it take you to get to the 6000 range to get the Disney giftcard? I did Walmart yesterday for 600 and target today for 150. Can I go back to Walmart again? I notices a few things are not avab for scan cause I scanned them yesterday

Do you know about the small Kicks you can earn in the Discover tab of the app? I mention this because I used Shopkick for months before someone pointed this out to me. There are always three videos at the top that you can watch daily for 1 kick. Then there are collections below that have surprise kicks. Open a collection say from TJMAXX, scroll to the bottom and you may see a "tap for surprise" blue circle. Also, there are sometimes videos to watch on the Discover tab. Those usually say "earn kicks now."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter