Used two VKL vouchers...

psupple

WDW Lover
Hi All,

DH and I just got back from WDW this morning, and I wanted to share our experience using the VKL vouchers at Le Cellier and the Rainforest Cafe this week. Each time, we used one VKL for the two of us, which worked out great.

10/26: Le Cellier 12:30 PS

We ordered the Vine Ripe Tomato Stack ($6.99) and Cheddar Cheese Soup ($4.99) to start, accompanied by Pretzel Bread. Both were delicious and very fresh. Our entree was the 12oz. sirloin ($19.99), cooked rare, as requested, which we both enjoyed very much. The roasted potatoes were cold and just okay. I ordered the Chocolate Mousse ($3.99) from the kids menu and liked that as well, although I couldn't finish it. I also had an iced tea ($1.99?), and we started the meal with a Moosehead for DH and a house Pinot Grigiot for me. Our VKL voucher covered everything except the alcoholic drinks; our voucher total was around $47 with tax and tip, which saved us about $16 over the VKL price.

Our server was Ashley, who was celebrating her birthday that day. She was very good and very cheerful, and we upped her tip to 20%+ on our drink bill to compensate for the standard 15% included in the VKL.

10/27: Rainforest Cafe at AK 12:00 arrival

For starters, we tried the calamari appetizer ($8.99?), which was kinda plain and just okay overall. Our main dish was the 14oz. sirloin with the 1/2 stuffed lobster ($39.99), which was good - actually the steak was the best and cooked just right - but not worth $40, IMO. Apple Cobbler for dessert ($7.49), which was served in a huge goblet and was very tasty. Our server also included a souvenier cup filled with Coke for our trip into the park. We were not given a receipt for our meal, but I estimated the total to be around $75 after tax and tip. Great value for the original VKL price, but we were not impressed overall by the meal.

Any questions, just ask!

I wanted to take my dd to the rfc for her sweet 16 and the dh. Do you think I should get 2 vouchers? Or just get the one and order off the menu?:D

We used two vouchers for three of us (DD is 8 so we got the child's voucher for her). The plus to using two is you can get the volcano for dessert which comes lit with a sparkler (kind of festive for a birthday & and they probably would sing to her!) You would be sure to have enough food, even if you are big eaters.

Isn't the cheese soup an appetizer? If it is then you got two appetizers with only one vocher! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter