Use Year

tpskult

Earning My Ears
I purchased a 100 point resale contract at Saratoga Springs with December use year.
Deed for Saratoga Springs expires on January 31,2054.
When is the last year that I receive points? December to 2053? If so when do they need to be used by?
Just trying to understand how many more years i will receive points to determine the annual cost of owning.

Your last points will come in Dec 2053 and the resort will no longer be open for bookings after Jan 31st 2054.

DVC can suspend banking and borrowing at any time so it’s possible those last few years it could happen but no one knows what they will do.

Your last points will come in Dec 2053 and the resort will no longer be open for bookings after Jan 31st 2054.

DVC can suspend banking and borrowing at any time so it’s possible those last few years it could happen but no one knows what they will do.
Be sure to send me a note in 2053 to let me know ! (I'll only be 94 then) o_O

Haha! Good news is that I think we will get our answer closer to 2042 when those expire. Gives you 11 years to slowly eat up the points!!!

Thanks for the info!
Well hopefully they will let you borrow that last year otherwise there wont be much time to use.

Whatever they do, you probably want to borrow and not bank! :)

Thanks for the info!
Well hopefully they will let you borrow that last year otherwise there wont be much time to use.
Unless, perhaps, you might still be able to use your final UY across the remaining resorts.

They could offer an incentive to cash in unused points at the end toward a discounted new resort/contract. Potentially cushion some of the point pool during the 2042 transition and help sell new contracts.
Those last short UY's needing to book by Jan 31st will cause issues to the whole DVC gang:earboy2:
They could halt bank/borrow at the end there but it's worth their effort to avoid that and the resulting backlash. It'll be one of the worst times for them to have a DVC PR fiasco.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter