Use the Flat Rate cabs in Seattle

lilpooh108

DIS Veteran
Hello Alaska cruisers (probably not many left)...

It just occurred to me to pass this tip on.

Taxis and towncars were expensive. We happened upon a flat rate cab (Olympic for Hire) waiting at our hotel (Intercontinental Seattle).

It was $9 to get to the port, and $30 flat to get back. Cheaper than Eastside for Hire and the taxi companies.

We had set up Uber towncars but abandoned that expensive idea once we paid $9 (so cheap that we ended up paying him $15 anyway).

Hope this helps someone!

Thank you!!

There are still some of us who are waiting to sail to Alaska this year!

How would we know which taxis are "flat rate"? Or do you suggest we just call that company?

thanks again!
Counting days till we sail :banana:

We used Seattle Express for $12 per person from airport or hotel to the port. Since there were 2 of us, worked great. Most cabs and/or limos we found were a lot more.

Thank you!!

There are still some of us who are waiting to sail to Alaska this year!

How would we know which taxis are "flat rate"? Or do you suggest we just call that company?

thanks again!
Counting days till we sail :banana:

The flat rate companies require you to call to request a cab and they will dispatch it.

I don't have the number for either Olympic for Hire or Eastside for Hire, but I'm sure you can find them on google.

Our 2 drivers for Olympic for Hire were courteous and generally safe drivers. We didn't stay at a hotel that was serviced by Seattle Express so couldn't use them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter